Weight Loss Thread

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
No to diet? I 100% agree with diet.

Get your diet in check and you can be an asshat in the gym and it'll work out.
He didn't answer my question, and told me something else completely unrelated. Therefore: no.

I've already done SS, and I'm aware it's 80% diet, 20% workout.

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
If you're looking for aesthetics... Hypertrophy. Bigger muscles look better. Especially with clothes on, where you can wear clothes that demphasize your gut and show off your big arms and chest. And if you develop stretch marks... so what... if you're getting naked with a woman, you've already succeeded as far as whatever aesthetics are required.

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
But in answer to your question specifically. Denaut and Elurin both correct.

Yes, not no.

Diet is going to have significantly more impact on losing weight than the specifics of your weight lifting regimine... If you do ANYTHING 3x a week you'll lose weight IF YOU HAVE YOUR DIET UNDER CONTROL

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
Come on myfitnesspal how do you not have sex as a cardiovascular exercise. Get your shit together.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
The weird thing about sex is it's in there, but it says you burn like 4 calories. Also I "friended" a few family members on the app and they all told me that when I was tracking sex as an activity it was showing up in their news feed. Stay classy, myfitnesspal.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
The weird thing about sex is it's in there, but it says you burn like 4 calories. Also I "friended" a few family members on the app and they all told me that when I was tracking sex as an activity it was showing up in their news feed. Stay classy, myfitnesspal.
I think sex calories would be highly dependent on how exactly you do it... Can't put an exact number on it like running for example.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
But in answer to your question specifically. Denaut and Elurin both correct.

Yes, not no.

Diet is going to have significantly more impact on losing weight than the specifics of your weight lifting regimine... If you do ANYTHING 3x a week you'll lose weight IF YOU HAVE YOUR DIET UNDER CONTROL
Again, I'm not asking about diet, so I'm not sure why you guys continue to answer. It's like I'm asking what's a better beer, Chimay or Duvel? And you guys keep answering Budweiser. IT'S NOT ONE OF THE CHOICES. I'm well aware of diet and the difference between hypertrophy and strength training. The god damn question is which in and of itself would burn more calories... fuck.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Sex isn't a substantial cardio workout in most cases. Unless you want to pretend that you're fucking like a maniac for an hour each session and doing all of the work

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I can only fuck like that after eating NY pizza on a NY bagel. NY pizza bagel. Dat carbo load.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Got a fitbit for Xmas, finally started using it about 3 weeks ago. I do 30 mins of lifting and 30 mins of cardio (fuck you stairmaster!) at least 5 times a week while keeping my diet under the calorie limit each day. I've gone from 198 to 190 but I've also found out I'm an alcoholic. Nothing like looking at your food log and noticing a bottle of wine a day.......

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Got a fitbit for Xmas, finally started using it about 3 weeks ago. I do 30 mins of lifting and 30 mins of cardio (fuck you stairmaster!) at least 5 times a week while keeping my diet under the calorie limit each day. I've gone from 198 to 190 but I've also found out I'm an alcoholic. Nothing like looking at your food log and noticing a bottle of wine a day.......
That doesn't make you an alcoholic. It makes you an adult.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Well, if you're going to drink you're probably best off with wine. It isn't too bad in terms of calories.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
About 125 calories per 5 fl oz so a full bottle of 25.9 fl oz is only 647, depending on the type of beer that could be anywhere from 3-6 beers.

My wife also makes me juice every morning with carrots, beats, kale, cucumber, etc. Fucking tastes horrible but it's all I have for breakfast and I think it's made a big difference.

Burnesto

Molten Core Raider
I forgot to ever update. I got to 203 by the 1st. I ended up deciding that binge drinking on the weekends was more fun. So about 12lbs over 2 months, while increasing my alcohol intake, doesn't seem so bad.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Its been 3 weeks of eating nothing but a protein bar (300-400 cal) at lunch and a small low fat dinner. Ive lost 17lbs so far.