Weight Loss Thread

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
The day after my glorious cheat day last weekend I clogged my toilet up something fierce.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
LOL, definitely smaller, but im still pretty regular.

Also, I dont have a cheat day. Cheat days are for pussy's and women.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Bro, tomorrow is my cheat day and I will be eating peanut butter cookies while you starve yourself. SUFFER NOT THE HERETIC TO EAT PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I use Saturday as my cheat day too.. Wendy's I am coming for your ass.

Still having pretty solid assrippers and not losing weight, probably need to start working out.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Again, I'm not asking about diet, so I'm not sure why you guys continue to answer. It's like I'm asking what's a better beer, Chimay or Duvel? And you guys keep answering Budweiser. IT'S NOT ONE OF THE CHOICES. I'm well aware of diet and the difference between hypertrophy and strength training. The god damn question is which in and of itself would burn more calories... fuck.
In that case, I'd imagine hypertrophy would be the way to go. The extra volume is more similar to cardio than strength training. I'd say just do whatever your goal is though (hypertrophy for size, strength for...strength), and add cardio to that if you're looking to cut calories. In the end it doesn't make too much difference. There's a ton of crossover between hypertrophy and strength (i.e. it's not like on that 7th rep your muscle switches to no longer building strength).

Or you can do what I do, and that's a strength looking rep scheme for compound lifts and hypertrophy for the isolations.

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Better for shedding weight: hypertrophy or strength training? I'm guessing hypertrophy due to the intensity, but I could be wrong.
I feel like this is one of those things where either way isn't a huge difference. I'd also say for both you'd need to add something for conditioning, like sprints or pushing a prowler. I'm trying to get my head around how you'd lose fat while building muscle efficiently too so my instinct is strength training but again, not sure.

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
So I'm doing my healthcare benefits for the year and I have to take an assessment. They want me between 136 - 179 as a full grown 5'11 adult male. 136 lbs? That seems absurdly light. I was 170 as a scrawny 17 year old.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
That's based on BMI. Which is retarded. Doesn't take into consideration anyone with even a small amount of muscle mass. I was no more than 20% body fat at the end of my bulk (probably 18%) and I was overweight. I'm sure the next bulk I do I will be pushing obese.

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
Even when I was in highschool and was like 10% bodyfat (thanks sports) I was obese on the BMI. Dumbest way to measure health ever.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
BMI is for large populations of people. Of course it's not that accurate when applied to an individual.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Yeah my health care wants me around 175 minimum at 6'3"... pretty retarded. I would look like Christian Bale in that movie where he was anorexic

Cad

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah my health care wants me around 175 minimum at 6'3"... pretty retarded. I would look like Christian Bale in that movie where he was anorexic
This guy is 6'2 180lbs.

rrr_img_59892.jpg

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
I agree that BMI can sometimes be out to lunch for people who are truly "built", with an abnormal amount of muscle. The vast, vast majority of people taking issue with BMI don't fall in to that category, though.