Weight Loss Thread

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
The funny thing is the middle 177lbs body looked the best and most healthy. Something unnatural and non-attractive about a body stripped of that much fat.

I readily admit I have TOO much fat on me. I wonder if most would agree with me though that a husky person is more attractive than someone at 10 percent or less body fat, all else equal. I'd think its a evolution driven. Don't invest in someone that is not gonna survive the next cold snap or locust swarm.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
If you want to add some sweetness back into your life check out this;

Its an alcohol based sugar. More or less zero calories and no internal discomfort like other alcohol sugars. Taste pretty damn similar to sugar with zero shitty after taste like other alcohol or artificial sweeteners. Only problem is the granular version doesnt really dissolve at all so definitely get the powdered version. I made a cheesecake with it and it tasted just like a regular cheesecake aside from the gritty texture of the Erythritol since it didnt really dissolve.

Going to grind some up into powder and make some icecream with it and see how it turns out.

I love the taste if erythritol but it gives me severe nausea feeling 5 min after ingestion. I never hurl with it just feels aweful.

I read this is a very common side effect. Any specific brand better than another?

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
The funny thing is the middle 177lbs body looked the best and most healthy. Something unnatural and non-attractive about a body stripped of that much fat.

Whilst we can debate what looks the best, the truth is that 14% body fat is a perfectly fine amount of body fat for a man to carry. Also note that I'm super flexing in the final pic, that getting to under 10% body fat requires a strict diet and most people can't maintain single digits all year round.

Besides, the plan isn't to stay at 158lbs, I'll bulk back up to add more muscle.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
Whilst we can debate what looks the best, the truth is that 14% body fat is a perfectly fine amount of body fat for a man to carry. Also note that I'm super flexing in the final pic, that getting to under 10% body fat requires a strict diet and most people can't maintain single digits all year round.

Besides, the plan isn't to stay at 158lbs, I'll bulk back up to add more muscle.

It's hard to really compare the first and final pics for muscle growth since your arms are at different angles and you're flexed.

You do seem somewhat leaner in the final pic, and within 2lbs of the original weight so it'd make sense that you gained some muscle, but it's hard to be objective about it.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I love the taste if erythritol but it gives me severe nausea feeling 5 min after ingestion. I never hurl with it just feels aweful.

I read this is a very common side effect. Any specific brand better than another?
Dont think so. From what ive read the side effects of alcohol sugars is due to bacteria in your large intestines eating them. Erythritol isnt really metabolized by those bacteria so its the best in that regard.

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
So, 40 days ago I decided I was tired of how fat I've gotten and I was going to do something about it. I fucking hate working out, and every time I've tried I seem to stop after around 3 weeks tops of hating life and seeing no results. This time I decided I was going to try keto. Sep 1st I was drinking 3-4 64oz soda's a day and eating fast food around twice a day, and Sep 2nd I went directly to water and no carbs. It was rough.

In the first week I went down from 225 to 218, I was using the pee strips and seeing myself in moderate ketosis on day 6. On day 10 I went to a party, and drank 3 glasses of wine... which I was a little much but I thought I would probably be fine. I was mostly out of ketosis the next day, and it took 4 days to get back to where I was, with my weight loss mostly stalling. So by day 14 I was hovering at 216. The next two weeks I would mostly stay med ketosis, but sometimes I would drift into high or low, although I couldn't figure out why, by day 28 I was down to 210. I went to an Oktoberfest party and decided it was once a year and I would have 1 beer and some potato salad, knowing it would set me back a little. Surprisingly it wasn't a bit hit and I was back at Med keto in 2 days. Today is day 40 and I'm at 207 and have been in in heavy ketosis the last 4 days (due to some changes I'll explain). Feeling really good.

I didn't do much research, in fact I still haven't, basically just going "Stop eating carbs!" which isn't the whole picture I now know. The first 3 weeks were harrrrrrd. I felt hungry and shaky a lot, I had constant headaches (something I never have), and just felt groggy and ill, irritable, had a hard time staying focused and was just very foggy mentally. Someone pointed out I had all the symptoms of keto flu and I should get more electrolytes in my diet. I bought 7 bottles of poweraid zero and basically just added a splash to ever cup of water, 1 bottle being defused in over a gallon of water, so pretty minor (its 0 carb anyway). That seemed to massively help and a few days later I felt fine. By week 4 my hunger had subsided, and when I do feel hungry its a lot easier to just kind of ignore it.

I'm kind of surprised I'm not losing weight faster to be honest, because at this point, If you add up everything I eat in a week.. it's probably not a lot more than I was eating ever day or two before. Even what I'm eating now has shifted a lot. When I started I was eating eggs with cheese and bacon for breakfast, and some kind of meat/vegi dish for lunch and dinner, sometimes with almonds or veggies to snack on as well randomly. That pretty quickly started feeling like too much food. I would get halfway through my lunch and feel pretty full, so I would just save it to eat later. Then, I started realizing I wasn't very hungry later anyway and was just kind of eating because it was dinnertime, so I started cutting back on that too. Yesterday, I ate 1 scrambled egg with cheese and half a bell pepper at 2 p.m. and a handful of almonds and 1 piece of beef jerky for dinner at 7 p.m. and I felt fine. I could have eaten more but was just like "meh, I'm cool."

I should look at my bank account.. but I imagine I have saved like $500 in fast food/eating out in the last month, it's crazy when I think about it.

The big thing I'm struggling with now that I've started reading a bit, is fat. It seems like I've mostly gone from high carb, to high protein, med fat. Its looking like I should really be no carb, med protein, high fat. The big issue I have is that I fucking hate avocados, which is the keto super food apparently. I keep looking for alternatives, but everything I read is just saying "Heavy cream, butter, and avocado/coconut oil" but none of that is really food, so I have a hard time seeing how that is a real answer. What I've done the last 3 days is to take a glass, put some milk and heavy cream in it, put a spoonful of coconut oil in it, a splash of vanilla, and then microwave the thing to warm so the oil melts. Chug it down. Its tolerable but not super awesome. I'm guessing that's why I've gone to deep ketosis the last few days, but *shrug* I'm new to all this.

I don't know, what do you guys think? Am I doing fine and just keep doing what I'm doing? Or things you would change? I'm sure the big thing is "Do some kind of exercise", but uhhhg, I already feel like I don't have enough time in the day to do the things I want >_<

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
If what you're doing is working and you like it, keep doing it. It's not an MMO so you don't need to min-max it.

18 pounds in 40 days is a good rate of weight loss.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
. The big issue I have is that I fucking hate avocados, which is the keto super food apparently. I keep looking for alternatives, but everything I read is just saying "Heavy cream, butter, and avocado/coconut oil" but none of that is really food, so I have a hard time seeing how that is a real answer. .
>_<

Keto strips are not necessary. Having more ketones in your pee is not evidence of being in "deep" ketosis and more ketones doesn't equal faster weight loss, it just means your pissing more out vs utilising them.

Adding butter/oil to everything just to get more fat isn't going to speed up weight loss, it's just going to slow it down because you're eating more calories.

By all means focus on keeping carbs low, and eating protein and fats and being in a calorie deficit. You can eat fattier cuts of meat to get your fat.

Are you exercising?

• 1Like

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Onoes Onoes From what I understand, you see a lot more weight loss in the first couple weeks because your body is retaining a lot less water. Don't let the slower progress after that get you down.

Find your calorie maintenance levels and compare that to your lower calorie intake each day and it should add up to the actual weight loss over time. It's ~3500 calories of deficit to equal a pound lost. There's some other factors that can play into it, but that is the thing to aim for. So, if your goal is to lose a pound a week, you want to aim for 500 calories less than maintenance each day. (Don't forget to adjust for calories burned through exercise) I can't say much about the keto stuff, but calories are still the element that matters in the end, with keto making the process more tolerable and maintainable.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Onoes Onoes Onoes Onoes From what I understand, you see a lot more weight loss in the first couple weeks because your body is retaining a lot less water. Don't let the slower progress after that get you down.

To further clarify, you usually reduce your sodium intake when reducing calorie consumption, and sodium affects how your body retains water. When sodium intake is normalized, water retention becomes normalized absent some other compounding medical issue.

iannis

Musty Nester
god damn it ossoi, you're ripped.

Aesthetically I'd aim for that 13%. You look a little doughy at the end of your bulk, and 10% is, honestly, a tad grotesque.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Kid said tonight "wow daddy your belly is so big I bet theres a baby in there"

-_-

proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpeg.png

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I went back a few pages but did not see, what are you doing? I could stand to lose about 30 lbs (after the holidays of course....)
Just eating healthier and exercising more. Cut a lot of carbs and replaced them with vegetables. Sometimes Ill eat nothing but some broccoli or asparagus for dinner to help keep calories on track.

• 1Like

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
Just eating healthier and exercising more. Cut a lot of carbs and replaced them with vegetables. Sometimes Ill eat nothing but some broccoli or asparagus for dinner to help keep calories on track.

I agree its as simple as that. I lost some weight a few years back and it came down to basically the same thing. Good job. I have a huge weakness for baked goods though so holidays with fruitcake, gingerbread men and the like have me snacking on stuff I should not.

My brother clued me into "no sugar no grain" awhile back and I get on that train periodically for a few months at a time and its easy enough to do and by default leads to much healthier eating without much fuss. Only thing I truly miss is oatmeal, which they SAY is healthy so maybe no sugar/grain (except non-instant oatmeal...??) .

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Okay as someone who works a shitty schedule, and is only eating for me, who doesn't want to cook at 11pm when I get home, what are some suggestions for food with the goal of losing weight? Things that are fast/easy. I'm also very much open (maybe even hoping for?) some meal replacement shakes that would be good for breakfast/lunch type meals while at work, or for snack meals throughout the day.

I'm also probably going to start going to the gym again soon, but I'd like to get my eating on track first (frankly I eat like shit right now)

Any advice or solid resources?