Weight Loss Thread

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
So I've been eating:

imageService

DSC_0036-939x1024.jpg

to supplement hunger and fill in for fiber and protein.

Any thoughts on these? I find they are AMAZING for hunger as I feel full for longer and the taste isn't shit or sawdust.

---

EDIT:

Also, finally hit another goal, last push is to 165 then I'm going for muscle as my primary goal with good eating to add to it.

1534263568636.png

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I've been struggling with my weight for pretty much all of my life. I was a fat ass kid and weighed up to 250 before I hit my 20's, then promptly dropped down to 170 when I got a job unloading trucks, then went up to 270 when I got a desk job a few years after that. Dropped to to 230 and stayed there for years before cancer hit which had its way and took me down to 200. Chemo and meds took me up to 240 and now I'm sitting at 233 and I think I finally have my head in the right space when it comes to diet and activity. Dropped ~7lbs in the last two months and feeling alright. I have to drink a lot of metamucil for fiber reasons, so that helps a bit when it comes to appetite. Tea is working wonders as well.

Whoever invents a reliable way to take care of loose skin after weight loss is going qualify as a fucking saint.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Screenshot_20180824-082238.png

Started a 3 month cut on the 1st June at 179lbs, after bulking/adding muscle since October 2017.

162lbs today and I go to Mexico next Saturday, should be able to drop another couple of lbs and be in the best shape of my life at 37.

Starting macros for the cut were: 190g protein, 55g fat and 200g/125g carbs training/rest days. Weights 5x a week and 10k steps a day. Gradually reduced macros to 125g / 0g carbs, protein and fat stayed the same and upped steps to 12k a day.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I've managed to average 1lb down per week for 7 weeks or so now with some pretty strict CICO. I get annoyed as shit on days where I'm just retaining a bunch of water/other and the scale is 1-2lbs heavier than the previous few days despite staying well into deficit territory

10-Sep: 226.8
11-Sep: 226.9
13-Sep: 227.2
14-Sep: 229.8
15-Sep: 228.0

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I've managed to average 1lb down per week for 7 weeks or so now with some pretty strict CICO. I get annoyed as shit on days where I'm just retaining a bunch of water/other and the scale is 1-2lbs heavier than the previous few days despite staying well into deficit territory

10-Sep: 226.8
11-Sep: 226.9
13-Sep: 227.2
14-Sep: 229.8
15-Sep: 228.0

As long as your weekly average is down then who cares about the daily variance?

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
I'm sure this has been said before, but anyone have any recommendations on a good calorie log app? Going to try to do that CICO thing myself. Time to lose some weight or die. Literally.

• 1Like

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I'm sure this has been said before, but anyone have any recommendations on a good calorie log app? Going to try to do that CICO thing myself. Time to lose some weight or die. Literally.

I'm using FatSecret. It's not quite as good as MyFitnessPal, but it doesn't have the bloat/privacy concerns that MFP does.

• 1Solidarity

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
I get annoyed as shit on days where I'm just retaining a bunch of water/other and the scale is 1-2lbs heavier than the previous few days despite staying well into deficit territory

Oh man, but that scale moving BM...(fuck me have I really come to this, talking about my shit on FoH...literally...) it's like you take off pounds in one day.

I'm using FatSecret

+1 for FatSecret.

All the other apps are like, "Pay as you go" apps that basically do the same thing as fat secret but cost 2-8 USD a month.

The only thing fat secret does that I hate is adjust their RDI for your diet based on their own calcs every so often, THAT and adjust your daily based on your cals burned.

I don't need that I just want you to watch what I eat so I can plan.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Back from 2 weeks all inclusive in Mexico; breakfast buffet, lunch buffet and dinner buffet.

Breakfast was usually egg, bacon, sausage finished off with a donut and pastries, washed down with orange juice. Lunch buffet finished off with a plate of dessert cakes and evening meal 1-2 plates of cake and ice cream.

Haven't been back long enough to weigh myself on an empty stomach like I usually do, but side by side comparison pics I don't seem to have gained any body fat and look a bit bigger, although any size difference could be because my muscles are full of glycogen whereas leading up to the holiday my carb intake was lower = less glycogen.

I was training twice a day out there and staying as active as possible. First week my fitbit said I burnt 26k calories vs the 20-21k I usually manage!

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser

This should be worth a watch/listen. D'Agostino is somewhat of an authority on keto diets, Layne Norton is a bodybuilding coach and who like me is anti keto-zealotry/fanaticism

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
3 months ago I was dumping ice-cream down the sink because I couldn't control my compulsive eating. Today I'm 15lbs lighter. Feelsgoodman

• 4Like
  • 3Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
3 months ago I was dumping ice-cream down the sink because I couldn't control my compulsive eating. Today I'm 15lbs lighter. Feelsgoodman
If you want to add some sweetness back into your life check out this;

Its an alcohol based sugar. More or less zero calories and no internal discomfort like other alcohol sugars. Taste pretty damn similar to sugar with zero shitty after taste like other alcohol or artificial sweeteners. Only problem is the granular version doesnt really dissolve at all so definitely get the powdered version. I made a cheesecake with it and it tasted just like a regular cheesecake aside from the gritty texture of the Erythritol since it didnt really dissolve.

Going to grind some up into powder and make some icecream with it and see how it turns out.

• 1Like

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
If you want to add some sweetness back into your life check out this;

Its an alcohol based sugar. More or less zero calories and no internal discomfort like other alcohol sugars. Taste pretty damn similar to sugar with zero shitty after taste like other alcohol or artificial sweeteners. Only problem is the granular version doesnt really dissolve at all so definitely get the powdered version. I made a cheesecake with it and it tasted just like a regular cheesecake aside from the gritty texture of the Erythritol since it didnt really dissolve.

Going to grind some up into powder and make some icecream with it and see how it turns out.

The ice cream was about the texture, not the sweetness. It was one of the few foods I could tolerate when doing chemo (everything tasted like ass) and I needed to put on weight, so I had to eat a lot of it. Combine that with medication related impulse control issues and you have a bad habit of binge eating in the making.

The only sugar I normally touch that isn't a part of something premade is brown sugar, and that's only for a couple things.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
There's a lot of low calorie ice creams now - Halo Top etc that come in at 280-360 calories per tub. Whilst they do feel a little "synthetic", they're perfectly adequate in order to satisfy a craving and once or twice a week isn't going to negatively impact body composition

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
There's a lot of low calorie ice creams now - Halo Top etc that come in at 280-360 calories per tub. Whilst they do feel a little "synthetic", they're perfectly adequate in order to satisfy a craving and once or twice a week isn't going to negatively impact body composition

Yeah, they're not that bad. Not quite up there with a pint of haagen-dazs or b&j, but good considering the calories.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
iirc Halo Top uses Erythritol as its sweetener.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
compare_bedroom_Copy.jpg

29th October 2017: start of my bulk 160lbs (DEXA at start of October said 12.8% body fat)
30th May 2018: End of bulk 177lbs (DEXA in April said 14.3% body fat)
9th October: End of cut 158lbs (No DEXA but I would say 10% max)

• 1Like