Weight Loss Thread

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
Can anyone relate:

Love to eat and in a stable long term relationship. Where is the motivation to be fit. Getting resigned to a middle age Dad Body. When is it OK to be ok with that? Never cared for soda, but have a weakness for baked goods (cookies, cake, etc).

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Can anyone relate:

Love to eat and in a stable long term relationship. Where is the motivation to be fit. Getting resigned to a middle age Dad Body. When is it OK to be ok with that? Never cared for soda, but have a weakness for baked goods (cookies, cake, etc).
Does your your significant other deserve a good looking man standing next to her or a fat disgusting sack of shit? Be the type of person that makes the one you care for feel better about herself and her chosen mate.

• 1Like

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
Does your your significant other deserve a good looking man standing next to her or a fat disgusting sack of shit? Be the type of person that makes the one you care for feel better about herself and her chosen mate.

But i've always looked good a little on the husky side too.... I'm one of those body types that get fat all over, instead of just chicken legs and no butt and all gut.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
But i've always looked good a little on the husky side too.... I'm one of those body types that get fat all over, instead of just chicken legs and no butt and all gut.
You are making excuses. Either work at looking your best or be a weak, fat turd. Your choice.

• 1Like

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
Love to eat and in a stable long term relationship.... middle age Dad Body... weakness for baked goods (cookies, cake, etc).

This is me.

Where is the motivation to be fit.

I sometimes catch myself complaining internally if my wife puts on a few pounds and then I realize what a hypocrite I am. (I'm currently 1/4 through losing 30 lbs., which sadly involves not eating aforementioned baked goods.)

Other factors: Clothes stop fitting. Doctor starts talking about statins. Realizing you avoid looking at yourself in the mirror because it reveals uncomfortable truths. Remembering how you got laid more often when you had abs.

Last edited:

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
How to lose weight the manly way (because it requires the willpower of a real man to actually chug down this barely-food)

• 1Like

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
How to lose weight the manly way (because it requires the willpower of a real man to actually chug down this barely-food)

I used to love the home made russian versions of cottage/farmers cheese (tvorog) with honey when i was a kid. Still do actually. The cottage cheese here in the states just isnt the same.

Also how to lose weight: Calories consumed < Calories needed for daily energy use. The end.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I'm on the chicken broccoli brown rice diet. I also made a 'trail mix' of nuts and shit for that 3:00 daily snack. Oatmeal for breakfast. Also trying to hit the gym 4-5 times a week weightlifting and doing a lot of incline walking or stairs to train for mountain climbing this August.

Thing with kids is it takes 3 minutes for one to wake up deathly Ill and fuck up your plans.

I've also been eating a banana a day because my shits have been rancid according to my wife. That seemed to solidify things.

Not sure what my weight is today but I'll check this weekend. Basically just eating high protein and low carb, not really going for some macro or anything.

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
Also how to lose weight: Calories consumed < Calories needed for daily energy use. The end.
/r/theydidthemath

Seriously every fucking idiot stating one or the other diet works best and then interval fasting plus whateverthefuck is today's hot shit....
The formula above works all the time every time.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
/r/theydidthemath

Seriously every fucking idiot stating one or the other diet works best and then interval fasting plus whateverthefuck is today's hot shit....
I agree with you. However, people are lemmings and need their religions. If that religion leads to less calories, it’s better than nothing.

• 1Like

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Our town has a facebook page and some lady was advertising some shakes that burn fat. Had all these old ladies clamoring for these magic poultices so I simple said "This doesn't make sense, eating something doesn't burn fat" and I got blocked from the page.

People are lemmings, and they're also fucking retarded.

• 1Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Yea, the above formula works all the time every time. But it's like trying to teach someone how to race a car by telling them to just be faster than everyone else. The devil is in the details, and there are many, many ways to eat and effectively lose weight. But finding a routine that works for you is the hard part.

Most fatties don't want to put any effort into changing their eating habits to maintain a healthy weight and lifestyle, that's why they fail (like pretending there are foods that burn fat). And it doesn't matter what diet they try to follow they always look for ways to cheat it and eat whatever they want and then blame it on the diet "not working". But if someone actually resolves themselves to healthier living then it doesn't really matter if it's low carb, low fat, grazing throughout the day or intermittent fasting. It all works, you just need to find something that you have the willpower to stick with.

• 1Like

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
/r/theydidthemath

Research is showing that there are legitimate difference in the metabolization of different calories. Fructose unaccompanied by fiber tends to go directly to fat stores, while proteins are harder to convert. Your gut biome may mean that you absorb calories from certain foods more or less efficiently. This kind of thing and the timing of your food consumption through the day can have a big impact on how hungry you feel, and thus how much willpower you have to exert to maintain your caloric balance.

At the end, though, it's just physics. Whatever adjustments you have to make for your own physiology, there is a balance point between energy in and energy out, and if you stay below it you'll lose weight. I'm currently down 11 lbs since April doing just that.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Can anyone relate:

I lived my 30s like that. Skinny hot wife who loved to feed me and preferred larger dudes. I felt very happy and secure but ballooned up to 280lbs (6'3)
I was fat and happy,

then last year i turned 40, and decided i did not want to die at 60.
My wife finally got pregnant. (10 years of expensive trying with medical help) and i did not want to be at my daughters high school/collage grad with a walker...
I became president of my Rotary club, which ment hosting a 100 people for lunch every week. Lots of photos of me in facebook, lots of me standing in front of an audence . I saw my the first photo of my presidency and said, i need to make a change.

That all happened July 2018.

I downloaded Myfitnesspal and started to educate myself on CICO. i was shocked how many calories where in things that gave me low value, (milk, pop, sugary anything)
I cut 95% liquor calories and fell in love with Water again and stopped snaking after 8pm.

its been 11 months, and i am down to 240 in a natural way i can sustain. Last month i kicked up the exercise portion and hired a personal trainer. One month in and i feel amazing.
For the first time in my life i am doing the real lifts (dead lifts, jerks, squats) not just walked around the gym for 45 min doing very little.

Those are my reasons and that is my story....so far.

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Last summer my abusive (to me) marriage ended and I never really got to process it. I've spent this summer working on myself and doing things I've wanted but never could before such as host bi-monthly boardgame nights.
Tonight I almost ventured out to play ultimate frisbee from an event that I found on Facebook. but I ended up getting super anxious about my fitness and didn't go. Was a weird feeling. Didn't know I had that in me.
I've been on a pseudo diet all summer, but haven't been able to get below 240 (5'10").
190 would be awesome, but I barely maintained that a decade ago when I exercised 4 days a week and ate salads. 210 would be good and should help with everything from knees to snoring to perhaps even cracked feet.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
Anyone have experience with a water fast? had a friend do a 21 day fast and he says he does them once a year and drops 20+ lbs (obviously some water weight, but mostly fat). Seems like the kind of extreme shit that I like, I hate "moderation:

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
I've been fasting lately but fuck 21 days. Three days is the most I have done and that sucked. I mostly do the 24 hour intermittent thing. My wife hates it when I tell her I'm having "soup" for dinner - IE: bowl of water with a chicken bouillon cube.

It may be unhealthy, who knows, but it certainly works for losing weight. I spent a month in Germany this summer and drank a shit-ton of beer and ate brats, kraut and brezeln like no tomorrow, put on 12 pounds in a month. Lost it all since I got back and got my weight down below 190 for the first time in almost 30 years. Going in for annual physical next month, we'll see how all the #'s look.