Weight Loss Thread

Airisch

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I once went a month without eating. Thanks to a throat thing. I am tempted to do it again just because of the crazy weight loss it was great. tho by the end of week 2 all i wanted to do was sleep.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
What does this prove exactly, idiot? Fasting is supposed to be more about resting and healing. I've ridden 10 miles on the 3rd day of a fast before so it's surely possible. How the fuck are you a doctor and you don't even know the basics of how the human body works? Your body stores fat which it can then turn into energy without the need for eating food when necessary so as long as you have fat...you have calories to burn.

lol, I know you are desperate for attention so I'll reply to you. I asked Burnem about his energy levels because I can't imagine being in a fasting mode and then trying to bust out an intense endurance workout. Endurance athletes carry (caffeinated) carb snacks with them to prevent bonking (a shortage of energy). I don't believe the body can keep up. Respectfully, your ten mile ride does not compare to the effort I put out in a 40 miler. On a 40 miler I can produce around 1400 jK of energy, which basically translates to an accurate calorie burn of 1400 calories. The body needs external energy sources to keep up with that.

I've done 16/8 IF before. Enjoyed it to be honest.

• 2Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 2 users

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
When I eat, I eat to I’m full and fill great. To give you an idea my last meal was a 1 pound ribeye with a salad, the salad was huge probably 10 cups. Lettuce, tomato, black olives, cucumber, a whole avocado, kale, baby spinach, artichokes and topped with my 1 guilty pleasure blue cheese dressing that has no sugars or added sugars or even fake shit they use to sneak sugar in like malto dextrin.

Will you admit that your daily calorie burn, just from living and doing your normal activities, exceeds the calories you consume on your OMAD?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
How does a guy who works 240 hours a month have this much time to shitpost?

It's almost like he's full of shit.
Here’s a pic of a time sheet I have laying around in the truck but I’m a high priced baby sitter for a pneumatic pump. Vital information scratched out because I don’t want to be doxxed or canceled because of my political beliefs and that makes me sad even mentioning it.

Attachments

• 38F6F1A4-7B85-45CA-BCA3-CDA17F6C038C.jpeg
    38F6F1A4-7B85-45CA-BCA3-CDA17F6C038C.jpeg
    4.5 MB · Views: 26

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
I’ve lost to much weight to need to exceed 72 hours as it’s to much of a pain in the ass. I disagree with you that 72 hours is dumb, hell I don’t even go this long often anymore I usually do 48 but I haven’t done a 72 hour fast in a while and I want to rebuild my immune system. If I had more than 10-15 pounds of fat that I wanted to remove I might consider the hassle of having to ween myself back on food and not risk a heart attack if I don’t slowly reintroduce food (seriously look up soldiers killing jews by giving them food) that comes with fast that extend past 72 hours. 72 hours gives me the immune rebuilding that I want, 48 hours gives me a lot of autophagy that I want (watching skin tags completely disappear after years of having them around is fucking trippy) and when I reach my goal I’ll do maintenance of 24 hour fast or one meal a day.

Refeeding syndrome isn't really something that happens after only fasting for a few days. That's generally only going to occur after multiple weeks of fasting.

"Longer fasts, like a 24 hour fast, 48 hour fast or even a 5-day water fast can produce even more profound benefits. Around day 4 without food, the body actually begins producing its own stem cells"

"The next step in the fasting process is sharp increase in stem cell production and activation. The number of new stem cells and the level of HGH, the human growth hormone, significantly surge during days 3-5 of a fast and then afterwards decline again."

So ya, the benefits of fasting begin to peak tremendously starting at the 3rd day so you're legit ending the fast just as you're peaking. It's generally recommended to go 5 or 6 days as that's when those peaks start to decline and you'll see the greatest range of benefits.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
Will you admit that your daily calorie burn, just from living and doing your normal activities, exceeds the calories you consume on your OMAD?
Calorie in calorie out is what you are getting at, and yes I burn more calories than I consume. That being said I can take the same calories and make you fat and hungry because of how the body stores and uses fat as well as wreck your metabolism by lowering it significantly. Fasting increases your metabolism, calorie restriction wrecks it.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
lol, I know you are desperate for attention so I'll reply to you. I asked Burnem about his energy levels because I can't imagine being in a fasting mode and then trying to bust out an intense endurance workout. Endurance athletes carry (caffeinated) carb snacks with them to prevent bonking (a shortage of energy). I don't believe the body can keep up. Respectfully, your ten mile ride does not compare to the effort I put out in a 40 miler. On a 40 miler I can produce around 1400 jK of energy, which basically translates to an accurate calorie burn of 1400 calories. The body needs external energy sources to keep up with that.

I've done 16/8 IF before. Enjoyed it to be honest.

I don't get your point exactly tho? No shit you can't go intense cardio while fasted. Wtf is your point? Fasting is literally the single most powerful tool in regards to individual health but the stupid fucks in your field don't mention it or suggest it at all. Why? Because it's literally free and cannot be profited from and works better than all of the stupid shit morons like you prescribe.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
So overall are you eating more food or less food?
On my 24 hour one meal a day routine, absolutely more food than what the dietician allotted for me to eat through out the course of a day by at least 150%. I ate less and burned less, I eat more and burn more.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
Lumi is a crazy fuck no doubt but everything the man said with the exception of the immune system benefits duration is spot the fuck on. He might be crazy but he seems to know his shit about fasting, which is why I asked for his source because he might be right. He hasn’t provided the citation yet and his past makes me skeptical of him as we should but he and I can’t believe I’m saying this seems to know his shit.

• 1Like

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
I had high blood pressure, high cholesterol and type two diabetes, the medical professionals I saw did nothing but feed me with false information and accuse me of being a fat lazy degenerate sleuth with no will power and fixed none of my problems but there was one doctor, who shits all over doctors for everything I mentioned helped me and put me on a path that changed my life forever and I’m forever greatful.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I once went a month without eating. Thanks to a throat thing. I am tempted to do it again just because of the crazy weight loss it was great. tho by the end of week 2 all i wanted to do was sleep.
You need electrolytes, they're what plants crave.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
I had high blood pressure, high cholesterol and type two diabetes, the medical professionals I saw did nothing but feed me with false information and accuse me of being a fat lazy degenerate sleuth with no will power and fixed none of my problems but there was one doctor, who shits all over doctors for everything I mentioned helped me and put me on a path that changed my life forever and I’m forever greatful.

I know you have confirmation bias. I'm glad you lost weight and became more healthy. You sure blame one bad dietician a lot. I don't believe that the general population could maintain a 72 hour, then OMAD fasting diet. There are numerous people that eat regular healthy meals multiple times per day and have zero medical problems. I weigh less than you, and do endurance sports, and eat a lot. I could eat less and lose more weight, but I'm happy where I am. And I have no medical problems and take no medications besides melatonin to help me sleep.

I hope you can understand there are many pathways to the same destination. But I truly am glad you found one that works for you, you sound happy.

• 1Like

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
I know you have confirmation bias. I'm glad you lost weight and became more healthy. You sure blame one bad dietician a lot. I don't believe that the general population could maintain a 72 hour, then OMAD fasting diet. There are numerous people that eat regular healthy meals multiple times per day and have zero medical problems. I weigh less than you, and do endurance sports, and eat a lot. I could eat less and lose more weight, but I'm happy where I am. And I have no medical problems and take no medications besides melatonin to help me sleep.
It’s not confirmation bias, Doctor Fung is nephrologist and he got tired of diabetics coming to him with kidney problems only to find his patients had been through the exact same shit I went through so he went and did the research and started curing his patients diabetes to fix their kidney problems before it was to late. That entire field is riddled with misinformation and malpractice, trust me it’s not just me.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
On my 24 hour one meal a day routine, absolutely more food than what the dietician allotted for me to eat through out the course of a day by at least 150%. I ate less and burned less, I eat more and burn more.
Math doesn't work this way. Unless by saying you're "burning more" you mean that you're exercising more?

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
You have no idea how easy it is to do fasting, I’m not joking or making light of this. After 3-4 days with zero of the tips I know now it becomes easy and it becomes easier and easier, the hardest part for me is the Apple cider vinegar that Lumi mocks me over for drinking it like a shot and chasing it with water instead of diluting it down with water.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
Math doesn't work this way. Unless by saying you're "burning more" you mean that you're exercising more?
Nope, fasting ramps up your metabolism.
You’re trying to do math and not understanding how to do math. Restrict calories and your body adjust by slowing the metabolism and burning less calories. Fast and the body stresses and ramps up your metabolism to provide you with more energy so that you can go out and find food. You’re trying to use addition and subtraction to solve an algebra equation.

Kaines

Potato Supreme
I’ve always read stories about the male anorexic. Never thought I’d actually encounter one.

• 3Worf

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
You have no idea how easy it is to do fasting, I’m not joking or making light of this. After 3-4 days with zero of the tips I know now it becomes easy and it becomes easier and easier, the hardest part for me is the Apple cider vinegar that Lumi mocks me over for drinking it like a shot and chasing it with water instead of diluting it down with water.

this is true

16/8 IF was super easy for me, i havent done the multi day ones yet

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users