Weight Loss Thread

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
I’ve always read stories about the male anorexic. Never thought I’d actually encounter one.
bed7ac2357f92e65b53a90cf18b9a79c.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gurgeh

Silver Baronet of the Realm
this is true

16/8 IF was super easy for me, i havent done the multi day ones yet
I'm doing the same , and it's indeed super easy. I started doing it mid december, and by mid january I was feeling significantly better, both physicaly and moraly (2 small kids, 3 months and 3 years is kinda tiring with all the current bullshit...). Might not be related, but anyway it's so easy that it's worth trying imo... If anything it reduces the shit you eat, because typically, a lot of the snack/suggar we eat is precisely between 7pm and 11am...

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
You have no idea how easy it is to do fasting, I’m not joking or making light of this. After 3-4 days with zero of the tips I know now it becomes easy and it becomes easier and easier, the hardest part for me is the Apple cider vinegar that Lumi mocks me over for drinking it like a shot and chasing it with water instead of diluting it down with water.
94f208ca58e51aa634083daa832823cb.png

looks like they wanna load you up on lots of caffinee

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
How hard is it to go without eating that long? How long was the break in period? I don't think I could go that long. My problem is my work is stressful and I guess it gives me relief to eat something stupid, or an excuse to leave the department for a couple of minutes. And my shifts go back and forth, days, nights, 24s, without any pattern. So today I had breakfast after I got off a shift, and I'm going to go sleep right now, then wake up and eat something shitty on my way to work, then I'll be starving by midnight.

I think 15h is the maximum you can do without any foodsource before blood sugar may be negatively affected in a healthy person without any preexisting conditions. Sure you can go longer, but if we are talking about daily fasting as a lifestyle, its usually never over 15h without a meal.

I've been intermittent fasting for 5-6 years. Different gurus recommend different cutoffs. I try to come in around 13h but depending on activity level 12h. Took maybe a solid 2 years for me to adjust mentally. I was a little uncivilized and aggressive toward the 12th 13th hour and sought medicinal intervention to balance my temperament out.

Zyzzyzzy still thinks I'm psychotic, so I guess the medicinal intervention didn't work out as well as I thought.

Last edited:

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
94f208ca58e51aa634083daa832823cb.png

looks like they wanna load you up on lots of caffinee
I have issues with that board, not going to get into it because I’m just finishing up a 18 hour treat and about to roll the fuck out. If you request it later I’ll elaborate if you want.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
I had shitty doctors, and shittier dietician. Literally had better success with a google search and and YouTube. Doctor had the conversation I described earlier paraphrased of course, when I pressed him he said to cut calories “calories in calories out” eat less and move more and recommended me to a dietician. Dietician had the same shitty advice as him except she gave me meal plans. Googled the cure for type two diabetes came across Doctor Jason Fung and read his book the diabetes code and watched him talk on YouTube which lead to fasting channels and in 3 months no more type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, and cholesterol. I’d been taking high blood pressure and cholesterol medicine for years, move more and eat less is one of the biggest fucking lies told by people in your profession. I dropped over 120 pounds without ever fucking exercising.
Is it your position that you lost 120 pounds while eating the same number of calories that you had previously?

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I have issues with that board, not going to get into it because I’m just finishing up a 18 hour treat and about to roll the fuck out. If you request it later I’ll elaborate if you want.
just the result from putting in 18/6 in youtube from this guy

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

nevergone

Low IQ Vegan Pacifist
<Gold Donor>
I fast a minimum of 17, usually 24. Combined with keto, it's crazy how much energy I end up with.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
I think 15h is the maximum you can do without any foodsource before blood sugar may be negatively affected in a healthy person without any preexisting conditions. Sure you can go longer, but if we are talking about daily fasting as a lifestyle, its usually never over 15h without a meal.

I've been intermittent fasting for 5-6 years. Different gurus recommend different cutoffs. I try to come in around 13h but depending on activity level 12h. Took maybe a solid 2 years for me to adjust mentally. I was a little uncivilized and aggressive toward the 12th 13th hour and sought medicinal intervention to balance my temperament out.

Zyzzyzzy still thinks I'm psychotic, so I guess the medicinal intervention didn't work out as well as I thought.
How the fuck is 12 hrs a fast? That's just the normal time between dinner and breakfast. You must have been a beast if it took two years to adjust to 12 hrs, lol.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
How the fuck is 12 hrs a fast? That's just the normal time between dinner and breakfast. You must have been a beast if it took two years to adjust to 12 hrs, lol.

No breakfast or anything like that just one meal a day.

One meal in 24h will def be a problem for most people that's completely normal.

I think the way I worded it and didn't include the fact I only eat once a day might have been missed.

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The 12-15 window is the time between keto snack 0 carb snack. In reality its one meal in 24h

• 1Like

Gurgeh

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I fast a minimum of 17, usually 24. Combined with keto, it's crazy how much energy I end up with.
I think the end of Lanx video makes sense, making a break once in a while. I've started doing it a while ago, and noticed the guy had a study backing that up. I've been kinda forcing myself to not fast in the morning a few days in a row once in a while, the study seem to imply that you need to actually stop for even more than that, a whole week every 4/6 weeks.
Lately, when it comes to diet, I've been picturing my ancestor 50k years ago, freezing his balls out in the European's winter. He probably fasted a lot... in winter, probably not at all in the spring / summer. Tradition also agree with that, Christian, Muslims, Jews, Buddhism. It's nice when science, tradition and common sense seem to be pointing in the same direction... fasting is good, but you probably shouldn't do it 100% of the time. Fuck, maybe you don't even need to do it more than a few months per year to get the full benefit.

• 1Like

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Is it your position that you lost 120 pounds while eating the same number of calories that you had previously?

I believe basically what he did was not eat anything for three days, then on the 4th day he would eat 150% of the calories that he was previously told to eat for just 1 day. So lets say he was told to eat 2000 calories per day.

Day 1: 0 calories
Day 2: 0 calories
Day 3: 0 calories
Day 4: 3000 calories (150%) in one meal (OMAD - one meal a day)

Average daily calories: 750 ...

Per Burnem, this isn't starvation, it's fasting.

Burnem - I'm just picking on you. I've read about IF and did 16/8 for a while before and had no problems with it. I truly am glad you lost that weight and you look great. My lifestyle doesn't work with those much longer fasts, I love exercising, and I look forward to getting on my bike every day and hitting the road, it's literally my favorite activity.

• 1Picard

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
I ate more calories and lost, because time restricted eating/fasting takes advantage of how the body operates. My metabolism ramped compared to eating multiple times a day calorie restriction that wrecked my metabolism.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
just the result from putting in 18/6 in youtube from this guy

I don’t like that much caffeine, he has plenty and it’s a good strategy if you are starting and depending on what you are trying to do. I prefer to take my cider after my meal, same with my supplements I want any and everything that’s going to spike my insulin to go with my meal. It’s not bad but way to much caffeine for me I’m already jittery as a crack head from all the energy I have from this diet.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I don’t like that much caffeine, he has plenty and it’s a good strategy if you are starting and depending on what you are trying to do. I prefer to take my cider after my meal, same with my supplements I want any and everything that’s going to spike my insulin to go with my meal. It’s not bad but way to much caffeine for me I’m already jittery as a crack head from all the energy I have from this diet.
is this the only reason to swig a shot of acv?

4f87cb80050079445fe2d40f326f074b.png

• 1Like