Weight Loss Thread

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
what kind of intermittent fasting are you talking? Currently I just stop eating by 5pm
Noon-to-8pm eating window (So 16 hour intermittent fast) for most of the last year and a half, noon-to-6 when I was in coding bootcamp so was able to cook at home more conveniently. Probably going to eventually end up on the "one meal a day" train eventually, since that's most convenient cooking-time/work-wise. The noon to 8 is nice because I can eat lunch, wait a couple hours for it to settle, go to the gym after work (or just in the afternoon on a non-work day), then eat some chicken or whatever afterward. Did about 2-5 miles of daily walks before the ice-age hit the midwest. Started weightlifting in november.

Went from 430ish to 310ish before the cookie plague appeared. If you are less of a roiling mass of flesh than me the results will probably be proportionally less as well, since it's easier to lose weight when you are yuge. Ate my way up to 430 after my dad died, been fighting against doing the same after mom died last year. As long as people aren't dying it's been pretty easy to resist comfort food.

Last edited:

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I don't get it, why are you disagreeing with him?

Because he's a moron with a track record of posting shit in this thread?

You cannot out train a bad diet, but that does not mean that training+diet isn't optimal for building a better body (as opposed to just making the number on the scale go down)

And to top it off, he's now posting shit from quacks like Jason Fung

"but I personally am not a fan of increased activity specifically for weight loss. If you are going to go that route, though, you have to realize that your body is incredibly efficient at expending energy to produce work and it will immediately signal you to replace that lost energy in the form of extra calories. If you fall into that trap, you will get healthier, but may not lose weight."

Sledge

Trakanon Raider
I'm not overweight, but this fasting info sounds interesting enough to try. Is there another thread on the site that goes into more detail?

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
I don't get it, why are you disagreeing with him? If you want to lose weight, what you eat is full stop the absolute most important thing. If you want to build muscle mass, working out is the most important thing. If you are both fat and lazy, you need to include both, but if you don't lose weight it's because you're porking too much food into your food-hole.

I mean, is there anything to what I said you disagree with? BTW, I posted before about how my 40 year old friend who was super into health keeled over dead from natural causes. He had a pretty similar body to that. Pushing your bmi too low is risky at any age, but gets riskier the older you are. I'll settle for my working man's build with a 15 bmi. I used to be a fatto, but then I got the willpower to eat less.

You're talking to a dude that posted instagram body builders eating pound bags of candy and giant milkshakes after lifting to prove sugar is a-ok for you and acceptable in a diet while trying to lose weight. He is a true believer in the lifting science of the 90s and nothing else can be right besides that way.

He is also an unmarried, childless 40 year old who obsesses over diet and exercise, but refuses to accept the basic premise that the human body is very efficient at energy expenditure as well as quick to demand replacement of energy spent beyond normal. Shit, he basically refuses to admit that hormones play a part in fat accumulation at all.

I'm just saying, take what he says and what he shows you with a grain of salt. Take what I say with the same grain of salt, too. Always do your own research with this stuff.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Shit, he basically refuses to admit that hormones play a part in fat accumulation at all.

I've never said that.

2000 calories of ice cream is not the same as 2000 calories of chicken breast.

But at the same time, I'm not posting stuff from someone who says calories don't matter. Nor am I saying the moronic shit you come out with

And you're gonna really look at my pics and then try and play the "sugar" card?

Screenshot (50).png

This is almost 5 years of daily weigh-ins. Some of those weight increases will be times I stopped training/dieting, some will be controlled "bulk/growth" phases. Don't try and claim you know more or have more experience of me in losing weight/body composition, or know what works and what doesn't.

LiquidDeath

All of the links I've provided are from medical doctors treating patients with these methods.

Also, lol at showing 5 years worth of daily weigh-ins. Is that supposed to disabuse us of the notion that you are a diet and exercise zealot? We're talking to people with normal lives who are looking to lose weight, in most cases your lifestyle might as well be that of a unicorn for all the good it does them.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
All of the links I've provided are from medical doctors treating patients with these methods.

Also, lol at showing 5 years worth of daily weigh-ins. Is that supposed to disabuse us of the notion that you are a diet and exercise zealot? We're talking to people with normal lives who are looking to lose weight, in most cases your lifestyle might as well be that of a unicorn for all the good it does them.

If your argument is "sugar makes you fat" or "you can't lose weight if you eat sugar"

Then the (at least) seven periods of sustained weight/fat loss in that picture (whilst eating carbs including fruit) prove that it's possible to lose weight whilst eating carbs.

How exactly are you trying to discredit the above? By saying I take body composition seriously? You literally just said a few posts ago that you're not a fan of exercise, so why should anyone listen to you over me?

I would put you on ignore because you're that much of an idiot, but I'd rather keep your shit visible so I can debunk it.

LiquidDeath

If your argument is "sugar makes you fat" or "you can't lose weight if you eat sugar"

Then the (at least) seven periods of sustained weight/fat loss in that picture (whilst eating carbs including fruit) prove that it's possible to lose weight whilst eating carbs.

How exactly are you trying to discredit the above? By saying I take body composition seriously? You literally just said a few posts ago that you're not a fan of exercise, so why should anyone listen to you over me?

I would put you on ignore because you're that much of an idiot, but I'd rather keep your shit visible so I can debunk it.

I think you have a reading comprehension problem.

First you conflate the criticism of posting body builders eating pounds of candy with you personally having a bit of fruit in your diet. Then you ignore my obvious criticism, that you live a lifestyle and have a level of obsession with diet and exercise far different than most people in this thread, in favor of making a faggy appeal to your own authority.

Sugar is undoubtedly bad for you, increasingly so in larger amounts and as it is more processed. You can certainly lose weight while still consuming sugar in measured amounts, but those amounts vary among individuals based mostly on their genetics and their current weight. What you can't do is lose weight while your insulin levels are high and directing your body to increase its fat stores, and sugar is the easiest way to make increase your insulin levels. Does that work for you?

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
that you live a lifestyle and have a level of obsession with diet and exercise far different than most people in this thread, in favor of making a faggy appeal to your own authority.

Reading comprehension problem?

You realize that for every downward trend in my graph there has to be a corresponding upward trend, right?

Did you miss it when I said some, but not all of the increases were controlled bulks?

I'm human just like everyone else and have gained six kg since NYE as a result of being overseas for ten weeks, drinking every weekend, being in Eastern Europe where it was too cold to walk for exercise, gyms being mostly shut and coming back home to wet weather where I can't use my garden gym

You're the one attempting to discredit my weight loss by labeling me as Mr Olympia.

The more active you are, the more carbs you deserve.

If you want to actually build a better body and not just lose scale weight, then carbs will feature in your diet.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Fasting is easy for some, not easy for others. Someone's anecdote on how they lost weight is a pretty terrible way to judge an entire profession.

This whole derail is idiotic and should be moved to the weight loss thread Amod Amod

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
So...a calorie restrictive diet.

Or are you suggesting the following..

Guy A eats 2,000 kcals a day for 3 days.

Guy B eats 9,000 kcals once in 3 days.

Guy B is going to somehow lose more weight because he's "fasting"?
Let’s say person A eats 300 calories for breakfast, 500 calories for lunch, 1200 calories for dinner 2000 calories. Now let’s say person B eats 3000 calories for dinner and has nothing else, 24 hour fast one meal a day. Person A is never going to lose any significant weight, Person B will lose weight. Now let’s say person A cuts that down to 1500 calories, weight loss will happen temporarily but will come back if they exceed the 1500 calories because your metabolism will slow down to match the calorie restriction. Fasting increases the metabolism, and allows you access to your fat while constantly eating 3 times a day you never access those fat cells.

• 1Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Let’s say person A eats 300 calories for breakfast, 500 calories for lunch, 1200 calories for dinner 2000 calories. Now let’s say person B eats 3000 calories for dinner and has nothing else, 24 hour fast one meal a day. Person A is never going to lose any significant weight, Person B will lose weight. Now let’s say person A cuts that down to 1500 calories, weight loss will happen temporarily but will come back if they exceed the 1500 calories because your metabolism will slow down to match the calorie restriction. Fasting increases the metabolism, and allows you access to your fat while constantly eating 3 times a day you never access those fat cells.
So, person A is consuming 2,000 kcals/day and person B is consuming 3,000 kcals/day, correct?

Do you have any links for exactly how "metabolism" gets to ignore physics and jack your BMR to ludicrous levels? To the point where you lose MORE weight than a person consuming 50% less kcals, simply because you "fasted"?

• 1Like