Weight Loss Thread

Izo

Tranny Chaser
I'm 40 this year.

View attachment 339722

"but I personally am not a fan of increased activity specifically for weight loss. If you are going to go that route, though, you have to realize that your body is incredibly efficient at expending energy to produce work and it will immediately signal you to replace that lost energy in the form of extra calories"

Just. Stop.

If you spent half as much time actually training/eating right as you do listening quack retards on the internet trying to sell you their magic beans, then maybe you'd actually have some results to show for it
What does Lumi Lumi think of this?

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
So, person A is consuming 2,000 kcals/day and person B is consuming 3,000 kcals/day, correct?

Do you have any links for exactly how "metabolism" gets to ignore physics and jack your BMR to ludicrous levels? To the point where you lose MORE weight than a person consuming 50% less kcals, simply because you "fasted"?
You don’t understand how metabolism works.

• 1Moron
Reactions: 1 user

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
You don’t understand how metabolism works.

He's still not really explaining the mechanism by which fasting is somehow increasing your BMR. Increasing BMR to insane levels is literally the only way you can be losing MORE weight than somebody who is consuming LESS calories than you. There are a large variety of ways to increase BMR, but I'm curious the mechanism by which "fasting" does this.

Fasting works because it's calorie restrictive and for many people, it's FAR easier to just skip meals entirely than it is to shave 3-400 calories off each meal. It works well enough for losing fat/weight, but it's fucking awful as a way to get "in-shape".

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
He's still not really explaining the mechanism by which fasting is somehow increasing your BMR. Increasing BMR to insane levels is literally the only way you can be losing MORE weight than somebody who is consuming LESS calories than you. There are a large variety of ways to increase BMR, but I'm curious the mechanism by which "fasting" does this.

Fasting works because it's calorie restrictive and for many people, it's FAR easier to just skip meals entirely than it is to shave 3-400 calories off each meal. It works well enough for losing fat/weight, but it's fucking awful as a way to get "in-shape".
You can’t burn fat when you constantly spike your insulin, when you only spike your insulin once you spend longer time in fat burning mode. You switch from burning food you eat to burning your fat stores. Your body increases its metabolism to give you more energy when you fast for prolonged periods, your stuck on a calorie in calorie out mentality when the body doesn’t work that way.

• 1Moron

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
I'm not overweight, but this fasting info sounds interesting enough to try. Is there another thread on the site that goes into more detail?

Not really.

This is a good introductory video about it.

• 1Moron

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Let’s say person A eats 300 calories for breakfast, 500 calories for lunch, 1200 calories for dinner 2000 calories. Now let’s say person B eats 3000 calories for dinner and has nothing else, 24 hour fast one meal a day. Person A is never going to lose any significant weight, Person B will lose weight. Now let’s say person A cuts that down to 1500 calories, weight loss will happen temporarily but will come back if they exceed the 1500 calories because your metabolism will slow down to match the calorie restriction. Fasting increases the metabolism, and allows you access to your fat while constantly eating 3 times a day you never access those fat cells.

Honestly, how does your body feel? Since you don't really exercise, you can't have muscle tone, or really have muscle or be fit. You can lose weight and not be fat, but there's a difference between being out of shape but not fat, and being fit with muscular tone. I didn't ride for a few months because life really sucked for a few months, and I could feel my legs losing their muscle, and it just felt off, and like when I don't lift weights I can see that my arms lose their tone and I don't feel as happy about myself and it just feels weird.

I'm glad we had this thread. I'm going to get back and try some milder 16/8 IF, and maybe do the 24 hours if I'm stuck at work and can't workout. I just know I can't have zero food in me and do what I want to do for activities.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
You switch from burning food you eat to burning your fat stores.
And so what does the body then do with the kcals when you do eat? Does it send them to the nether-realm? The reason why your body is "burning fat stores" when you fast is because it doesn't have any fucking way to get amino acids and glucose for energy anymore, except through glycogen. If glycogen isn't available, it'll start burning muscle proteins.

I'm not following how fasting somehow makes it so food calories no longer convert excess energy(glucose) into fat stores. Somehow, the body "abracadabras" food calories away and only burns fat stores.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Moderation from covid thread

posts 10,258
to

Was about IF 18/6 or whatever, many ppl were interested in the subject of IF

• 1Like

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
. Now let’s say person A cuts that down to 1500 calories, weight loss will happen temporarily but will come back if they exceed the 1500 calories because your metabolism will slow down to match the calorie restriction. .

Is there like some kind of bat signal for retards going off in this thread, or something?

• 1Like

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I’m 15 pounds lighter since that last pic and down to 172 from 306. Also the same doctor that recommended me to the shitty dietician when he did blood work to check my A1C found “alarming ketone levels” and thought I might be in danger of going into diabetic keto acidosis and might need to be admitted to the hospital. I told that man I’m no longer even type two according to the blood work don’t need the cholesterol or the high blood pressure medicine anymore and to top it off I’m not a type one diabetic my body can handle ketones, I’m going to find a new doctor and walked out without paying my copay.

At least you've posted pics, kudos for that and well done on your weight loss.

The reality, if you'd ate the same foods in the same amounts without the fasting, you'd still have lost weight

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Honestly, how does your body feel? Since you don't really exercise, you can't have muscle tone, or really have muscle or be fit. You can lose weight and not be fat, but there's a difference between being out of shape but not fat, and being fit with muscular tone.

fans GIF

What is it about just getting the scale to go down vs losing body fat whilst preserving muscle/gaining muscle, that is difficult to comprehend?

• 1Like

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
You can’t burn fat when you constantly spike your insulin, when you only spike your insulin once you spend longer time in fat burning mode. You switch from burning food you eat to burning your fat stores. Your body increases its metabolism to give you more energy when you fast for prolonged periods, your stuck on a calorie in calorie out mentality when the body doesn’t work that way.

From Jason Quacks own website:

"In the 1950′s and 60′s for instance, people ate plenty of pasta and white bread. There were the same oreo cookies and Kit Kat chocolate bars. Sugar intake was still high and people did not drink Diet Coke. So americans were eating plenty of fattening carbohydrates but did not have the same problem with obesity."

"The question we always forget is When to Eat. Meal timing turns out to play a very important role in the development of obesity as well. In the above example, we are eating 3 meals per day with no snacks. But that is increasing rare. More and more, people are being told to eat 6 times a day."

"In the previous example we have 12 hours of feeding balanced by 12 hours of fasting. This is what Moms everywhere used to say. 3 meals a day, no snacks. Snacking would ruin your dinner. And this 1950′s and 1960′s advice was associated with low levels of obesity. Now, we eat all the time and anywhere we want."

"What we now have is 16-18 hours of feeding and 6-8 hours of fasting. We are told to eat all the time. Eat 3 meals a day with 3 snacks in between."

"This is our current advice. And this dietary pattern is associated with much higher levels of obesity." How Insulin Works – Hormonal Obesity VII | The Fasting Method

Did this guy build a Delorean to go back in time and observe how people ate back then?

If you can't see the obvious correlation/causation fallacy in what I've just posted then you're beyond help

• 1Like

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
And so what does the body then do with the kcals when you do eat? Does it send them to the nether-realm? The reason why your body is "burning fat stores" when you fast is because it doesn't have any fucking way to get amino acids and glucose for energy anymore, except through glycogen. If glycogen isn't available, it'll start burning muscle proteins.

I'm not following how fasting somehow makes it so food calories no longer convert excess energy(glucose) into fat stores. Somehow, the body "abracadabras" food calories away and only burns fat stores.
It ramps up your metabolism and burns more energy, starting to think you are daft.

• 1Moron

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
At least you've posted pics, kudos for that and well done on your weight loss.

The reality, if you'd ate the same foods in the same amounts without the fasting, you'd still have lost weight
Absolutely fucking wrong I ate less calories spread out over the course of the day for 6 months and lost 3 pounds.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
As to how i feel, amazing. I literally got a “random” at work because I’m jittery after about 30 hours of fasting and operators at the plant have told my coworkers they’ve spotted me jogging around the truck or on the back of the flat bed doing pushups and setups. I honestly feel like I did when I was in my early 20’s. I didn’t exercise at all to get here but now I do it at work when I get flooded with a what I can only describe as a fuck ton of energy and it almost feels like I’m having a panic attack but i check my watch and my whoop strap and heart rate is 62.

• 1Like
  • 1Moron
Reactions: 1 users