Weight Loss Thread

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
This is you clearly not understanding basic fucking biology, you’re a retard.

asdasda.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
  • 1Like

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
be careful what you wish for

View attachment 339898

70-75% of type 1 diabetics DO NOT GET lipohypertropyhy

95%+ of type 2 do not get it.

Ergo, if your argument is "insulin makes you fat because lipohypertrophy is a thing", then your argument is clearly a shitty one because that effect only happens on a minority of patients
Jack ass they don’t get it often because they are instructed to alternate the spots they inject to prevent it, you are a dumb mother fucker. It happens because the cells around the injection point become so resistant to insulin literal fat pockets form you dumb mother fucker.

• 1Moron

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Jack ass they don’t get it often because they are instructed to alternate the spots they inject to prevent it, you are a dumb mother fucker. It happens because the cells around the injection point become so resistant to insulin literal fat pockets form you dumb mother fucker.

Wow really?

No shit?

It literally says that in the first paragraph of the article/study I linked:

"The best current preventative and therapeutic strategies for insulin induced lipohypertrophy include rotation of injection sites with each injection and non-reuse of needles"

Besides, there's nothing there to say the reasons for the diagnosis rate being so low is because of injection site rotation:

"The prevalence of insulin induced lipohypertrophy is approximately 25-30% in patients with type 1 diabetes and < 5% in patients with type 2 diabetes with subcutaneous insulin treatment"

Also, this article Skin-Related Complications of Insulin Therapy

Says that it's actually lipo-atrophy that occurs from using the same injection sites:

Screenshot (61).png

It also says that newer insulins have reduced lipo-hypertrophy rates

Screenshot (62).png

Recap:

1. you claim that insulin induced lipo-hypertrophy is evidence for "insulin makes you fat / obese" (although really this is probably you misunderstanding what hypertrophy means)

2. I point out that the MAJORITY of diabetics, both type 1 and 2 do not develop LH

3. You claim this is because they rotate injection sites

4. I point out that the opposite of LH - lipo-atrophy is actually more likely to occur by using the same injection sites

5. I also point out that newer insulins have reduced the LH rate

Conclusion:

If insulin makes you fat, and injecting insulin causes fat cells around the injection site to grow - thus proving that insulin makes you fat. Why have newer insulins reduced the LH rate?

Or "when is insulin not insulin" to paraphrase another well known saying

Are you not tired of being smacked around yet?

• 1Like

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
Look at that dumb mother fucker ignore the root cause and try to side step the issue trying to claim it doesn’t happen often, it happens less often because we know the cause and the fix is as simple as alternating injection points. Huge clumps of fat form around prolonged insulin injection points is a fact and the reason behind it hasn’t changed.

• 1Moron

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Here is what happens, once the body runs out of all the glucose and glucagon and all that stored energy and has no choice but to access the fat, it ramps up your BMR for two reasons. First reason is you have plenty of fat available, on a lean person this wouldn’t happen and muscle breakdown would begin to occur and actual starvation would be happening. The reason behind this is we didn’t not evolve in the world we find ourselves in today, our ancestors went great amounts of time without food. The body ramps up our metabolism to give you more energy to go find that food, can’t be sluggish and out of energy when trying to locate that food. I think I did that second reason already lol.

Glucagon is not stored energy. It’s a hormone. You’re thinking of glycogen. Let me quote you, I think this makes you a “fucking idiot” right? You know more than doctors right? Lol. Moron. You need to go review glycogenolysis and gluconeogensis.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
Glucagon is not stored energy. It’s a hormone. You’re thinking of glycogen. Let me quote you, I think this makes you a “fucking idiot” right? You know more than doctors right? Lol. Moron. You need to go review glycogenolysis and gluconeogensis.
Sorry I got that part wrong, I mispoke.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Look at that dumb mother fucker ignore the root cause and try to side step the issue trying to claim it doesn’t happen often, it happens less often because we know the cause and the fix is as simple as alternating injection points. Huge clumps of fat form around prolonged insulin injection points is a fact and the reason behind it hasn’t changed.

it's not my claim, it's the claim of Insulin induced lipodystrophy | Kadiyala | British Journal of Diabetes

Why have you ignored the fact that newer insulins do not cause lipo-hypertrophy

Conclusion:

If insulin makes you fat, and injecting insulin causes fat cells around the injection site to grow - thus proving that insulin makes you fat. Why have newer insulins reduced the LH rate?

Why have you not answered the above question?

And I'll freely hold my hands up and say I'm not 100% sure of the following, BUT:

My understanding is that fat cells are energy storage containers. When we eat excess calories, the excess energy is stored in the fat cells, those fat cell containers expand/grow and we get fat.

Lipo = fat
Hypertrophy = growth (eg muscle hypertrophy)

Ergo, lipo-hypertrophy isn't necessarily the injection sites gaining excess fat/getting fatter - eg accumulating more excess energy (after all, is that not what the insulin hypothesis is - that carbs spike insulin, and insulin tells the fat cells to store more energy = fat gain)

Lipo-hypertrophy is the actual fat cells themselves getting "bigger" as opposed to fuller.

• 1Like

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Sorry I got that part wrong, I mispoke.

Sheesh man. It’s a good thing some of us are well educated in order to prevent you from spreading more false information! Especially those of us you claim are so retarded and know nothing... and yet we have to correct Mr Masters in YouTube-ology! Lol at thinking glucagon is an energy store!

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
it's not my claim, it's the claim of Insulin induced lipodystrophy | Kadiyala | British Journal of Diabetes

Why have you ignored the fact that newer insulins do not cause lipo-hypertrophy

Conclusion:

Why have you not answered the above question?

And I'll freely hold my hands up and say I'm not 100% sure of the following, BUT:

My understanding is that fat cells are energy storage containers. When we eat excess calories, the excess energy is stored in the fat cells, those fat cell containers expand/grow and we get fat.

Lipo = fat
Hypertrophy = growth (eg muscle hypertrophy)

Ergo, lipo-hypertrophy isn't necessarily the injection sites gaining excess fat/getting fatter - eg accumulating more excess energy (after all, is that not what the insulin hypothesis is - that carbs spike insulin, and insulin tells the fat cells to store more energy = fat gain)

Lipo-hypertrophy is the actual fat cells themselves getting "bigger" as opposed to fuller.
I have no knowledge about the newer insulin’s not causing this, I do know they have multiple different types because I have a insulin due to the fact that I have multiple diabetics in my family. My knowledge is only that they have fast acting and slow forms, that and they have pumps that inject directly into the blood stream as well.

• 1Moron

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
Sheesh man. It’s a good thing some of us are well educated in order to prevent you from spreading more false information! Especially those of us you claim are so retarded and know nothing... and yet we have to correct Mr Masters in YouTube-ology! Lol at thinking glucagon is an energy store!
Honest mistakes happen and those that do it admit it, instead of running around acting like they are the Lebron James of the fitness world when reality he’s nothing more than a dumb cunt down at the local gym.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Honest mistakes happen and those that do it admit it, instead of running around acting like they are the Lebron James of the fitness world when reality he’s nothing more than a dumb cunt down at the local gym.

Enlighten me, what have I been wrong about in this thread?

• 1Like

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
Enlighten me, what have I been wrong about in this thread?
Elevated levels of insulin prevent the body from accessing fat cells for fuel. You also don’t appear to understand BMR and how metabolism fluctuates. I don’t remember precisely what you said or if you actually said anything that was wrong other than showing a lack of understanding. I tried to be civil with you repeatedly because I don’t find you to be a dumb ass but you’ve drug me down to your level so many times. You are however pig headed and completely unwilling to admit mistakes and be open to the possibility you are can be incorrect and constantly try to make this a pissing contest even though I couldn’t quite frankly give a shit about you.

I just want to share this information with people because this shit isn’t hard to understand or to do. You brute forced this, I sat around on my ass and lost nearly as much fat as you currently weight. You do you, people who want to put on muscle and work their ass off should take advice from you with the caveat about insulin.

Next time you put on a little weight and go back at it, try what I told you. Work out in a fasted state, I’m not telling you to not eat I’m telling you don’t eat before you work out In the morning and I bet you will experience better results.

• 1Moron

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard

The men who didn’t exercise got way chubbier (no surprise). The men who ate breakfast before exercising also gained weight, although only about half as much as the controls. Those who workout during a fast, however, gained virtually no weight, even though they ate the same bad diet.

• 1Moron

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
You also don’t appear to understand BMR and how metabolism fluctuates.

I just want to share this information with people because this shit isn’t hard to understand or to do. You brute forced this, I sat around on my ass and lost nearly as much fat as you currently weight.

The irony in this comment is incredible.

Your mistake in interpreting my results, well there are two actually and I've already pointed one out.

1. I weigh less than you therefore I have less to lose, and the 18lbs I lost represented 10% of my total body weight.

1 b) Look at me in this pic at 72kg, do I look healthy to you? Sure I'm ripped, but I clearly look "better" at 73-74kg.

asaddadsads.png

Do you really think it was possible for me to lose much more weight? Where exactly am I going to lose it from?

1 c) I'm probably 9-10% body fat at the most here. Clearly you have ZERO experience of what it is like to be anywhere near that low. Do you think weight/fat loss and body composition is linear - and that all you need to do is keep "fasting" until you hit 3% body fat or something?

You are legitimately clueless if you think "hur hur I lost more weight than you" (because I started off double your size and because you had nowhere else to go)

At that condition I'm eating 12-1500 calories a day, working out and getting 15k steps a day. Literally all I have to do to gain weight is look at do-nut.

Work out in a fasted state

I've already addressed this:

I've been described as obsessed about diet/training.

Do you think I haven't already tried it?

I've worked out fasted plenty of times before. Heck, I even told you earlier that I was going for a fasted walk because I had no food in the fridge. And that I didn't eat until 4pm today because of your idiocy distracting me.

You have ZERO experience of body composition or single digit body fat levels.

You have ZERO qualifications to tell someone who stays between 10-15% body fat year round how they can optimise their fat loss.

With every post all you do is repeat one of the stages of the "circle of retard logic" which is what I called that image (thanks for taking the bait for me to post it again btw)

With every post all you do is make yourself look more like a retard.

Edit:

"Healthy male volunteers (18-25 y) received a hyper-caloric (∼+30% kcal day(-1)) fat-rich (50% of kcal) diet for 6 weeks."

Please tell me how eating in a significant calorific surplus and getting 50% of your calories from fat is relevant to most people. Especially those who are eating at a calorific deficit (because they want to lose weight) and not eating a ridiculous amount of fat.

Also:

“Our current data,” the study’s authors wrote, “indicate that exercise training in the fasted state is more effective than exercise in the carbohydrate-fed state to stimulate glucose tolerance despite a hypercaloric high-fat diet.”

I don't eat carbs with breakfast. My breakfasts are always protein+fat. Carbs come during workout and post workout. So, this really isn't anything new to me

Last edited:
  • 1Like