Weight Loss Thread

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
The irony in this comment is incredible.

Your mistake in interpreting my results, well there are two actually and I've already pointed one out.

1. I weigh less than you therefore I have less to lose, and the 18lbs I lost represented 10% of my total body weight.

1 b) Look at me in this pic at 72kg, do I look healthy to you? Sure I'm ripped, but I clearly look "better" at 73-74kg.

View attachment 339913

Do you really think it was possible for me to lose much more weight? Where exactly am I going to lose it from?

1 c) I'm probably 9-10% body fat at the most here. Clearly you have ZERO experience of what it is like to be anywhere near that low. Do you think weight/fat loss and body composition is linear - and that all you need to do is keep "fasting" until you hit 3% body fat or something?

You are legitimately clueless if you think "hur hur I lost more weight than you" (because I started off double your size and because you had nowhere else to go)

At that condition I'm eating 12-1500 calories a day, working out and getting 15k steps a day. Literally all I have to do to gain weight is look at do-nut.

I've already addressed this:

I've been described as obsessed about diet/training.

Do you think I haven't already tried it?

I've worked out fasted plenty of times before. Heck, I even told you earlier that I was going for a fasted walk because I had no food in the fridge. And that I didn't eat until 4pm today because of your idiocy distracting me.

You have ZERO experience of body composition or single digit body fat levels.

You have ZERO qualifications to tell someone who stays between 10-15% body fat year round how they can optimise their fat loss.

With every post all you do is repeat one of the stages of the "circle of retard logic" which is what I called that image (thanks for taking the bait for me to post it again btw)

With every post all you do is make yourself look more like a retard
You’re a fucking retard I’m done with you.

• 1Moron
Reactions: 1 user

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Well this thread is officially ruined.

I came to self brag about my 70lbs loss over the last 30months but perhaps i will just move along.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
First reason is you have plenty of fat available, on a lean person this wouldn’t happen and muscle breakdown would begin to occur and actual starvation would be happening. The reason behind this is we didn’t not evolve in the world we find ourselves in today, our ancestors went great amounts of time without food. The body ramps up our metabolism to give you more energy to go find that food, can’t be sluggish and out of energy when trying to locate that food. I think I did that second reason already lol.
Well of course you have plenty of glycogen available if you're a fat fuck. Your body needs energy(glucose) to function and it typically gets that from kcals received from food, whereby it stores any "excess" energy received through kcals. If you don't eat enough kcals to keep up with your BMR, your body will then start feeding off glycogen stores to meet its energy requirements.

I'm not aware of a mechanism by which fasting "boosts" BMR - at least not long-term. Any "boosting" it's doing is only temporary hormones, in the form of adrenalin and such, for evolutionary reasons exactly like you stated - to catch food. Fasting is causing you to lose weight/feed on fat stores, because it deprives your body of the basic amount of kcals it needs when you don't get ANY of your energy requirements through food. Your body still needs a "base" level of energy(glucose) to operate, hence BMR. This is why BMRs in extremely obese people are actually pretty damn high, because it takes a fuckload of energy to keep a 400 lb. body going. So, while fasting might see a temporary "boost" in BMR through hormone release and such, none of those are going to be permanent/"long-term" effects. And any temporary boost in BMR it might be providing isn't going to be to the tune where you get to consume 50% more kcals and lose more weight than if you had consumed 50% less.

I'm glad fasting worked for your weight loss and I've used it effectively at times as well. But I did so knowing that the reasons behind it "working" is because it's often far easier for me to restrict calories by skipping meals entirely instead of trying to "portion control". Essentially, it's a calorie restrictive diet that is easier to maintain for a lot of people, especially fatties, because we are food addicts. And alcoholics don't stop drinking by just having 1 beer instead of 20, they stop drinking by not drinking at all. Fasting might entail some health benefits (there's research to suggest it does), but any that I've seen researched tend to be temporary and only "long-term" because you've "fixed" your diet through calorie restriction - thus making you "healthier" in the long-term. That isn't a product of fasting, per se, that's a product of how calorie restriction effects your weight and thus overall health.

The whole, "IT'S HOW OUR ANCESTORS DID IT!!!" dieting trends are so fucking tiresome. Paleo, fasting, etc. Sure, there are evolutionary reasons our bodies do certain things, and I'm not shitting on ANYTHING that helps you lose weight/get your body healthier. However, we have to also remember that those ancestors were lucky to live to the age of 30.

• 1Worf

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
Well of course you have plenty of glycogen available if you're a fat fuck. Your body needs energy(glucose) to function and it typically gets that from kcals received from food, whereby it stores any "excess" energy received through kcals. If you don't eat enough kcals to keep up with your BMR, your body will then start feeding off glycogen stores to meet its energy requirements.

I'm not aware of a mechanism by which fasting "boosts" BMR - at least not long-term. Any "boosting" it's doing is only temporary hormones, in the form of adrenalin and such, for evolutionary reasons exactly like you stated - to catch food. Fasting is causing you to lose weight/feed on fat stores, because it deprives your body of the basic amount of kcals it needs when you don't get ANY of your energy requirements through food. Your body still needs a "base" level of energy(glucose) to operate, hence BMR. This is why BMRs in extremely obese people are actually pretty damn high, because it takes a fuckload of energy to keep a 400 lb. body going. So, while fasting might see a temporary "boost" in BMR through hormone release and such, none of those are going to be permanent/"long-term" effects. And any temporary boost in BMR it might be providing isn't going to be to the tune where you get to consume 50% more kcals and lose more weight than if you had consumed 50% less.

I'm glad fasting worked for your weight loss and I've used it effectively at times as well. But I did so knowing that the reasons behind it "working" is because it's often far easier for me to restrict calories by skipping meals entirely instead of trying to "portion control". Essentially, it's a calorie restrictive diet that is easier to maintain for a lot of people, especially fatties, because we are food addicts. And alcoholics don't stop drinking by just having 1 beer instead of 20, they stop drinking by not drinking at all. Fasting might entail some health benefits (there's research to suggest it does), but any that I've seen researched tend to be temporary and only "long-term" because you've "fixed" your diet through calorie restriction - thus making you "healthier" in the long-term. That isn't a product of fasting, per se, that's a product of how calorie restriction effects your weight and thus overall health.

The whole, "IT'S HOW OUR ANCESTORS DID IT!!!" dieting trends are so fucking tiresome. Paleo, fasting, etc. Sure, there are evolutionary reasons our bodies do certain things, and I'm not shitting on ANYTHING that helps you lose weight/get your body healthier. However, we have to also remember that those ancestors were lucky to live to the age of 30.
Let me find the study that showed the increase in BMR, nothing is long term though when it comes to metabolism and BMR is something that constantly fluctuates give me a little time I’ll link it.

• 1Moron

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
. This is why BMRs in extremely obese people are actually pretty damn high, because it takes a fuckload of energy to keep a 400 lb. body going.

Which is why a 300lb person boasting that they lost weight faster than a 180lb person is a retard.

2000 calories is probably like half the 300lbs TDEE

Regardless, anyone who claims their diet has superpowers e.g. Keto, fasting etc needs to realise they've been sold a myth

• 1Worf

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>

I’ve been reading a bit more into it but apparently the boost is temporary and last around 3-5 days.
That's exactly all I have been able to find as well when it comes to fasting and its boosts to BMR. You're far, FAR better off building muscle and increasing activity if you're interested in increasing BMR long-term.

• 1Like

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I'm impressed this conversation averaged something like 12 posts per hour for 12 hours, and it was mainly Ossoi and Burnem. No wonder you've both been successful in your weight loss / fitness pursuits; you're both very dedicated.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
That's exactly all I have been able to find as well when it comes to fasting and its boosts to BMR. You're far, FAR better off building muscle and increasing activity if you're interested in increasing BMR long-term.
Agreed, building muscle takes time and effort though and this is a nice temporary bonus for doing absolutely nothing.

Last edited:
  • 1Moron

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
I'm impressed this conversation averaged something like 12 posts per hour for 12 hours, and it was mainly Ossoi and Burnem. No wonder you've both been successful in your weight loss / fitness pursuits; you're both very dedicated.
I get paid 120 grand a year to load a flat bed with a few chemical totes and then spend the next 12-48 hours baby sitting a pneumatic pump from the inside of my f-750. I have way to much time on my hands at work, also why I don’t have time to spend it all day at the gym pretending to be the Lebron James of fitness also because I have a wife and kid as well.

• 1Moron

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser

Retards that believe stuff like keto/fasting is magic and push generally bad nutrition advice triggers me.

The fact his statements are so easily disproven by my photos was the icing on the cake.

All he had to was concede that he was wrong re "insulin makes you fat" and that would have been a knockout in round one.

Instead it went twelve rounds, he hit the mat each round and nobody from his corner threw in the towel. Probably because they realised he is already brain dead so a little more damage won't matter

Oh, and then there was the claim that he could get better results than me, when he has no idea what's involved in getting to single digit body fat %

It's like me replying to his last post and claiming I could get paid more to do his job, and do it in less time because I read some website

• 1Like

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard

Attachments

• 35113DCE-0846-4B57-AC52-C99EDBD34EFC.jpeg
    35113DCE-0846-4B57-AC52-C99EDBD34EFC.jpeg
    157.4 KB · Views: 2
  • 1Moron

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser

circle of retard logic.png

• 1Worf

Khane

Got something right about marriage
This might be the worst this thread has ever been.

And that's saying something.

• 3Like
  • 2Truth!
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 6 users

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Being serious now:

I have ZERO problem with prescribing a low carb diet for someone who is overweight and not exercising.

The reason this thread descended into farce is because Burnem Wizfyre Burnem Wizfyre made the following statements:

step1.png

And when I presented him with as clear and as concrete evidence against the above (photos, MFP logs and weight logs) and asked him if he would revise the above statements, he refused to do so and instead doubled down.

All he had to do was add "unless you are in good shape and/or exercising a lot" to the end of each statement.

But instead he doubled down:

step22221.png

And then speculated that I was inadvertently fasting and claimed that my results were not a result of tracking every meal, exercising twice a day etc but were the result of "2-3 hour of fasting"

The stuff about him getting better results than me was just ludricous.

Low Carb diets are a good starting point for someone who is overweight.

The leaner you are, the more active you are - the more carbs you can consume.

Which is why I was eating 200-400g of carbs and still losing weight.

• 1Worf

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
Anecdotal evidence from the self proclaimed Lebron James of fitness vs Scientific Journals preformed by doctors and studies, decide for yourselves people.

• 1Moron

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Anecdotal evidence from the self proclaimed Lebron James of fitness vs Scientific Journals preformed by doctors and studies, decide for yourselves people.

Did you say the following or didn't you?

stesss.png

Is it possible to lose weight whilst eating 200-400g carbs or not?

I've literally posted the circle of retard logic multiple times to expose how you are both a) blindingly incorrect about everything b) constantly contradicting yourself, and you still continue to embarass yourself.

All I'm doing is using your own quotes to make you look like an idiot, and you keep doing it, mega-lolz

step1.png

stesss.png

step22221.png

Is it possible or impossible.

If you agree that it is "possible" "for me", then you agree that you were not "right" but were in fact "wrong"

So which is it?

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
Did you say the following or didn't you?

View attachment 340021

Is it possible to lose weight whilst eating 200-400g carbs or not?

I've literally posted the circle of retard logic multiple times to expose how you are both a) blindingly incorrect about everything b) constantly contradicting yourself, and you still continue to embarass yourself.

All I'm doing is using your own quotes to make you look like an idiot, and you keep doing it, mega-lolz

View attachment 340024
View attachment 340025
View attachment 340026

Is it possible or impossible.

If you agree that it is "possible" "for me", then you agree that you were not "right" but were in fact "wrong"

So which is it?
I said you can’t burn fat constantly spiking your insulin, insulin is the fat storing hormone. If your metabolism is high enough you can eat any number of carbs and burn weight, but not if you spike your insulin constantly be it from carbs, fiber or protein. Insulin levels have to subside before fat burning can begin. I never said you can’t lose weight eating 200-400g of carbs a day, this is just another one of your straw men.

• 1Moron

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I have entered a catanabolic state where the body folds the muscle fibers thousands of times until they can cut through tank armor, Kirun.

• 1Like