Weight Loss Thread

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Eat less move more is bullshit, not rehashing this again.
Not less by volume necessarily, but definitely by calories. Exercise is optional, but a great addition to the arsenal for long term health benefits. If you just math out the calories, though, and eat for the weight you want to be at instead of where you are.... you will see results over time. If you cut carbs and sugar out the rest falls into place pretty easily. Proteins and vegetables will do you right.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Not less by volume necessarily, but definitely by calories. Exercise is optional, but a great addition to the arsenal for long term health benefits. If you just math out the calories, though, and eat for the weight you want to be at instead of where you are.... you will see results over time. If you cut carbs and sugar out the rest falls into place pretty easily. Proteins and vegetables will do you right.
Humans are emotional and by and large have little impulse control. It's why they can't follow diets. The problem isn't shitty food, tv ads or being poor. We are fat because we are weak willed and demand instant gratification.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Humans are emotional and by and large have little impulse control. It's why they can't follow diets. The problem isn't shitty food, tv ads or being poor. We are fat because we are weak willed and demand instant gratification.

Gotta fight the first battle in the supermarket.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
Eat less often will benefit you more than eating less, same calories in one setting vs spread out over the course of a day the single setting wins every time. Time restricted diets (fasting) are the best, IF combined with keto is the best and exercise isn’t even required but all 3 combined will net the best results. The 3 small meals and diet combined with exercise is a tried and tested method to short term gains and long term failure.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser

I was 75.5kg on 18 September.

My meals every day are red meat with bread at 12 pm post workout e.g. Cheese burger and then two chicken breasts for lunch and dinner, usually in a tortilla wrap or more bread or rice

Thursday I had two cheese burgers and a whole box of marshmallow fruit loops and on Saturday I was over 1lb lighter 😂

Admittedly I workout 5 x a week and do 15k steps a day

Screenshot_20211010-200247.jpg

Screenshot_20211010-200316.jpg

Screenshot_20211010-200441.jpg

Screenshot_20211010-201118.jpg

Last edited:

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
The 3 small meals and diet combined with exercise is a tried and tested method to short term gains and long term failure.
Why do you say you won't get involved and then re hash your exact same nonsense that I debunked last time?

Explain to me how I'm still sub 10% body fat by eating carbs and eating three meals and exercising?

EDIT: don't bother this isn't the place

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Eat less often will benefit you more than eating less, same calories in one setting vs spread out over the course of a day the single setting wins every time. Time restricted diets (fasting) are the best, IF combined with keto is the best and exercise isn’t even required but all 3 combined will net the best results. The 3 small meals and diet combined with exercise is a tried and tested method to short term gains and long term failure.
This is 100% wrong. Smaller more frequent meals are much better at raising bmr. Lift weights, muscle mass will raise your bmr. Don't do an hour of cardio. Do 15 minutes of high intensity interval cardio (sprint 100 meters, light jog next 100, repeat etc), also very effective at raising bmr. Eat plenty of healthy fats (nuts, fish, olive oil etc...) and avoid processed carbs and alcohol.

Used to be a fatty when I was young 245lbs 5'10". Did my own research and have held 185lbs in good shape for the last 16 years. I eat about 3000 calories a day.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
I am the living embodiment of this. It has only been recently that I have drilled down on keeping my calorie intake low. One stint before COVIDIA, and the past 4 months. The results have been pretty awesome in terms of losing weight, getting my a1c and all the other stuff they look at under control, and I have a lot more energy in general. So, my doctor was right all these years. I mean, I always knew he was, but I hated the thought of life without sugar, dairy, and carbs.

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I am the living embodiment of this. It has only been recently that I have drilled down on keeping my calorie intake low. One stint before COVIDIA, and the past 4 months. The results have been pretty awesome in terms of losing weight, getting my a1c and all the other stuff they look at under control, and I have a lot more energy in general. So, my doctor was right all these years. I mean, I always knew he was, but I hated the thought of life without sugar, dairy, and carbs.
We are our own worst enemy.

• 1Like

elbas

Molten Core Raider
I hated the thought of life without sugar, dairy, and carbs.

One thing that is not always immediately obvious is that certain categories of foods have an almost drug-like effect on our brains. We crave these things because of the feelings they give us rather than because of the nutrition they contain. Weight management often means coming to terms with the food categories which we find irresistible and approaching them almost in the same way we would an addiction. Some people will be able to moderate their consumption of foods through portion control, but some people will have a lot of difficulty and may need to cut out certain food types. It's similar to how some people can cut back their excessive alcohol consumption while others need to totally abstain.

But one thing to keep in mind is that it's most difficult to give these foods up initially. The longer you go without these problematic foods, the less desire you have for them. It's similar to any addiction. Your brain doesn't want to give them up, but after a while of not having them it won't desire them as much.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
The longer you go without these problematic foods, the less desire you have for them. It's similar to any addiction.
yes and then you find yourself going back to the fridge and wallowing in a half gallon tub of napoleon, which you bought b/c you thought it'd be a bit of self control to have that worthless strip of strawberry only to see it empty and a few hours later your latose intolerate ass will punish you.

• 1Like