Weight Loss Thread

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Best preworkout for me is a nice, no-wipe shit.

God, squatting and needing to drop a load is the worst. Farted the other day deadlifting.

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
Bananas have lots of potassium that will help with muscle crams and provide carbs for energy. They are a great choice for pre workout snacks

Binkles_sl

shitlord
Bananas have lots of potassium that will help with muscle crams and provide carbs for energy. They are a great choice for pre workout snacks
He's not wrong. I also use raisins, yogurt (depends on the yogurt, read the label), cantaloupe, OJ (read the label), and pistachios for this reason. 1-2 hours swimming and being taken out by a toe cramp, a toe cramp, is rather obnoxious.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
Tenks is a fucking stone cold hipster, doesn't min/max his career and doesn't min/max his workout, HE DOES NOT GIVE A FUCK YOU GUYS. Lets just be clear about that.

Wuyley_sl

shitlord
So I finally got my home gym somewhat set up after I moved into my house. I run about 2.5 miles around my neighborhood and have the following for equipment. Any suggestion on where I could go to get a decent workout regiment (3 times a week, hour a day) I would appreciate it.

Dumb bells set of 5lbs - 70lbs
Half rack with adjustable bench and Olympic free weight set (300lbs with 2 extra 45s)
The pullup bar you set above your door frame, ab wheel, jump rope, and arm hangs (for doing leg ups or whatever)

Thanks

Khane

Got something right about marriage
So I finally got my home gym somewhat set up after I moved into my house. I run about 2.5 miles around my neighborhood and have the following for equipment. Any suggestion on where I could go to get a decent workout regiment (3 times a week, hour a day) I would appreciate it.

Dumb bells set of 5lbs - 70lbs
Half rack with adjustable bench and Olympic free weight set (300lbs with 2 extra 45s)
The pullup bar you set above your door frame, ab wheel, jump rope, and arm hangs (for doing leg ups or whatever)

Thanks
You might consider switching to:

Meat Balls, 5-7 times a week
Half rack of ribs, seasoned and rested overnight, Smoked for 6 hours and then finished at 325 on a charcoal grill
The pulled pork with some carolina gold rice, a touch of lime for some acid, bell peppers, and low country BBQ sauce

You're welcome

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
What the bullshit is the keto nonsense and why did it come in after I refuted all the bullshit "fasting" crap? Keto is a state the body enters when it is (tada!) not consuming enough carbs. Not a healthy amount of carbs; a body required carb deficit. It is -not- something you maintain long term, because it is directly related to you not consuming required amounts of fast acting sugars to fuel standard daily activity. It is literally a defense mechanism. That is bad for you.

Consuming bodyfat to create energy is an incredibly slow process compared to consuming fast acting sugars in the body, and you will 100% notice (unless you are strictly bullshitting) how shit you feel and how crap your gains are while under the effects of keto. The -only- exception to this is when you are going from an incredibly fat/carb heavy diet to ketosis, which is when after a week or two you will feel better because your body is no longer screaming "WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING" at you and has assumed the obedient gimp role. And even then, that's just comparative metrics with how shit you will feel while your body scrambles to not die when it isn't getting enough intake.

How is this still a thing?

Also: Wuley, do one of the big three (bench, squat, deadlift) on each day, followed by exercises you don't do on the other days. At 3 days a week, that will be solid enough for your needs. And do the lifts correctly =|

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
What the bullshit is the keto nonsense and why did it come in after I refuted all the bullshit "fasting" crap? Keto is a state the body enters when it is (tada!) not consuming enough carbs. Not a healthy amount of carbs; a body required carb deficit. It is -not- something you maintain long term, because it is directly related to you not consuming required amounts of fast acting sugars to fuel standard daily activity. It is literally a defense mechanism. That is bad for you.

Consuming bodyfat to create energy is an incredibly slow process compared to consuming fast acting sugars in the body, and you will 100% notice (unless you are strictly bullshitting) how shit you feel and how crap your gains are while under the effects of keto. The -only- exception to this is when you are going from an incredibly fat/carb heavy diet to ketosis, which is when after a week or two you will feel better because your body is no longer screaming "WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING" at you and has assumed the obedient gimp role. And even then, that's just comparative metrics with how shit you will feel while your body scrambles to not die when it isn't getting enough intake.

How is this still a thing?
Well that's from one extreme to the other, whilst keto is a physical response to not having enough carbs, it doesn't make it dangerous, just like being in keto doesn't give you superpowers.

Keto is a perfectly decent tool for weight loss and people that are significantly overweight should restrict their carb intake. As they get leaner then they can start increasing their carb intake. The amount of physical activity you do also determines your carb intake. My issue with the ketogains krowd is that they preach perma-keto because keto = good and carbs = bad which is unnecessary for majority of people

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Admittedly, I didn't address your points in my previous post. I never said short term Keto was bad for you, just that Ketosis is a response to lackluster intake, hence a "bad" reaction. I specifically pointed out that long term keto solutions were not good, and then stated the one-time situation where long-term keto (anything over a week) would be considered acceptable. Ketosis is exactly the same as any crash diet, if used as a crash diet. But long-term retention is shit, and should be regarded as such. Just re-iterating, but Ketosis status means you are not going to lift nearly as well when not in ketosis, nor will it make you healthier by itself. Use it as a tool to train your body to accept less carbs when you are -clearly- eating too many, such as various fatasses who think a loaf of bread per day is reasonable intake. Unless eating white bread every day is a thing you do, Ketosis is not the answer.

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
How do people come to the conclusion we werent designed to eat carbs? For the truly obsessed I'm pretty sure there's a genetic test that can show markers for higher or lower tolerance to carbs but I think fruit has been readily available for a good long while.

Khane

How do people come to the conclusion we werent designed to eat carbs? For the truly obsessed I'm pretty sure there's a genetic test that can show markers for higher or lower tolerance to carbs but I think fruit has been readily available for a good long while.
Misinterpretation. Many people who start a keto diet don't really read about what it's designed for or why you do it and instead just say "carbs are the devil" which of course is not true. You absolutely can make gains while on a keto diet, but the point is you increase your carb intake to match your physical level of activity because when you're burning more carbs you can eat more carbs and still stay in ketosis. But like many here have said, ketosis is meant to increase weight loss and is not meant to be a "forever" lifestyle. Every keto diet I've come across is either short term completely or phases you out of ketosis once you hit certain milestones.

However, Rezz... there are actually situations where ketosis can help alleviate other symptoms and they were actually created originally to help epileptic children in the 1920s

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Well it depends where paleo man was at the time. Its a total falsehood that paleo man only consumed meat. If you lived in the mexican desert, you ate cactus, rabbits, legumes. And if you lived in the rainforest, you ate more fruit, which was more readily available. If you lived in the north america region you ate bison, maze, fruit... It all depends.

Scientists found tools to grind wild grains so its not like paleo man ate only meat. They also have done studies on their teeth plaque which also showed that they ate grains, legumes, plants, nuts, not only meat. I think the only society to truly eat like the paleo/keto diet suggests is the Inuit Indians, which truly only survived on fat meat and bones.

Also, just to add, even if you wanted to, there is no way in hell to eat like a paleo man, because almost every animal, plant, whatever the fuck you eat, has been engineered/bred for thousands of years to taste better, give bigger yields, be less bitter, be more sweet, have less fibrous parts have more breast meat, have more fatty meat...etc...

Khane

Well it depends where paleo man was at the time. Its a total falsehood that paleo man only consumed meat. If you lived in the mexican desert, you ate cactus, rabbits, legumes. And if you lived in the rainforest, you ate more fruit, which was more readily available. If you lived in the north america region you ate bison, maze, fruit... It all depends.

Scientists found tools to grind wild grains so its not like paleo man ate only meat. They also have done studies on their teeth plaque which also showed that they ate grains, legumes, plants, nuts, not only meat. I think the only society to truly eat like the paleo/keto diet suggests is the Inuit Indians, which truly only survived on fat meat and bones.
The paleo diet doesn't suggest only eating meat or that our ancestors were strict carnivores. That was just an unfortunate marketing blunder. They should have known that nobody actually reads diet books, they just hear tidbits and do their own thing thinking they know wtf they are talking about.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
However, Rezz... there are actually situations where ketosis can help alleviate other symptoms and they were actually created originally to help epileptic children in the 1920s
Glad you pointed this out, exactly what I came to post.
Also, just to add, even if you wanted to, there is no way in hell to eat like a paleo man, because almost every animal, plant, whatever the fuck you eat, has been engineered/bred for thousands of years to taste better, give bigger yields, be less bitter, be more sweet, have less fibrous parts have more breast meat, have more fatty meat...etc...
Correct, and when I tell this to paleo nuts, they tell me to fuck off. Jerks.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
wow, a low carb diet is good for the obese and diabetics? FUCK ME

You really are wasting your time, do you really think this is the first time low carb/keto has been discussed? If you're going to keep drinking the keto-kool aid then go do it somewhere else. I already said keto is great for the obese but there is no reason to stay keto once you start approaching a normal weight.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
You forgot the high end athletic performance, which was also covered as well, and what this doctor is studying.