Weight Loss Thread

BruuceWarduck_sl

shitlord
Aren't you built like a jockey? 140lb with an elvish frame?
mr_chang_senor_chang_laugh_spits_milk.gif

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Lol. Can't say I've seen entourage before. Sounds about right.

Here's some before and afters so you can see I'm not THAT fat still.

1ZSrfTw.jpg

qouK6EV.jpg

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Haha thanks. It's more like a highway than a trail. Guess I should do some manscaping prior to taking the next progress picture.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So less than a week on Keto diet, and my wife says my belly isn't as big (she's biased probably), but the scale says I'm down 5 pounds. Energy levels are fine, and even though I'm between 1300-1600 calories a day, according to MFP, I don't have a desire to keep eating. I'm probably taking in too much protein per meal, as I know beyond 60g was it, and it can actually raise blood sugar levels?

Speaking of blood sugar, my fasting blood sugar has dropped 30 points to 130 from 150. Still high for fasting, I understand, but big improvements!

And last night I went to a Chinese buffet, as I raved about it to friends weeks ago, before I started the diet, and they came into town and wanted to try it. I was a little worried, but ended up having a couple pieces of prime rib, and a ton of crab legs and lobster claws. Lots of butter! and it worked out really really well. I cheated a bit, and had a bite of the wife's cheese cake dessert thing, but it's all good.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
and a ton of crab legs and lobster claws. Lots of butter! and it worked out really really well. I cheated a bit, and had a bite of the wife's cheese cake dessert thing, but it's all good.
I holidayed in Orlando quite a bit as a teenager, that's probably one thing I miss most about Orlando - the unlimited lobster/crab leg buffets. I asked a waitress what the record for most lobsters consumed by one person, she said 127.

Crone

I holidayed in Orlando quite a bit as a teenager, that's probably one thing I miss most about Orlando - the unlimited lobster/crab leg buffets. I asked a waitress what the record for most lobsters consumed by one person, she said 127.
With how "rich" Lobster is, I thought for sure it was gonna have a lot of "hidden" carbs, but when I entered it into MFP, it really wasn't that bad. I was happily surprised.

This place is the first I've ever seen that has lobster on the menu. Granted, they only do it on the weekends, and up the price of the buffet $6 to $30 per person though.
frown.png
The crab they offer is nasty, as it's boiled so long, in order to make the shells super soft, that any flavor is long gone.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Crone can you post or pm me what you used as a guideline for keto? Only ask because you're type 2 as well and I've been thinking of trying it.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
With how "rich" Lobster is, I thought for sure it was gonna have a lot of "hidden" carbs, but when I entered it into MFP, it really wasn't that bad. I was happily surprised.

This place is the first I've ever seen that has lobster on the menu. Granted, they only do it on the weekends, and up the price of the buffet $6 to $30 per person though.
frown.png
The crab they offer is nasty, as it's boiled so long, in order to make the shells super soft, that any flavor is long gone.
animal protein doesn't have carbs

Crone

Crone can you post or pm me what you used as a guideline for keto? Only ask because you're type 2 as well and I've been thinking of trying it.
There wasn't any trick to it, just no carbs. I've always had problems with portion control, and in my meals, I'm basically eating maybe more proteins, but I don't try and substitute in more to try and even out the calories really. So just eating no carb stuff, and taking out the rest, I'm sitting at 1300-1600 calories a day.

Example.. steak, potato, corn on the cob for dinner. Cut the potato, sub the corn for broccoli, or another low carb veggie.The Best Low Carb Vegetables for Keto | Ruled Me

Brussel Sprouts with butter are great! And then eat that. Even better, Cabbage, bake it then slather on the butter, salt and pepper! mmmm

I've used MFP app off and on quite a bit over the years, so I'm not totally ignorant to what foods are carbs or not, but I was surprised at some things still. Plain Greek yogurt.. 7-9g carbs per serving. When trying to stay under 20, that's a lot to put into 1 meal.

I feel stupid talking like this, when it's only been a week, but things seem to be working. Others here can offer metric tons more advice and knowledge than I can on Keto. Don't be afraid to do it. Shit's great!

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Awesome man, I'm thinking of trying it. I've had quite a few low sugar attacks driving home from work so I'm partially worried how my body will react.

splorge

Silver Knight of the Realm
There wasn't any trick to it, just no carbs. I've always had problems with portion control, and in my meals, I'm basically eating maybe more proteins, but I don't try and substitute in more to try and even out the calories really. So just eating no carb stuff, and taking out the rest, I'm sitting at 1300-1600 calories a day.

Example.. steak, potato, corn on the cob for dinner. Cut the potato, sub the corn for broccoli, or another low carb veggie.The Best Low Carb Vegetables for Keto | Ruled Me

Brussel Sprouts with butter are great! And then eat that. Even better, Cabbage, bake it then slather on the butter, salt and pepper! mmmm

I've used MFP app off and on quite a bit over the years, so I'm not totally ignorant to what foods are carbs or not, but I was surprised at some things still. Plain Greek yogurt.. 7-9g carbs per serving. When trying to stay under 20, that's a lot to put into 1 meal.

I feel stupid talking like this, when it's only been a week, but things seem to be working. Others here can offer metric tons more advice and knowledge than I can on Keto. Don't be afraid to do it. Shit's great!
When you start keto, the first few pounds are a combination of water weight and reduced amount of food mass in the gut, especially if you are on such low calories. I don't mean to be a kill joy, but you did not lose 5 pounds of fat in 1 week, that is equivalent to 17,500 calories burned. the weight loss will slow down, but don't get discouraged, because that means you are past all the water and digging into fat. Keep up the good work and stick with it. I did atkins for over 3 years and lost 50 pounds (and have kept it off).

Why are your calories so low? Are you not exercising at all? I would worry you wont be able to sustain that level.

Crone

When you start keto, the first few pounds are a combination of water weight and reduced amount of food mass in the gut, especially if you are on such low calories. I don't mean to be a kill joy, but you did not lose 5 pounds of fat in 1 week, that is equivalent to 17,500 calories burned. the weight loss will slow down, but don't get discouraged, because that means you are past all the water and digging into fat. Keep up the good work and stick with it. I did atkins for over 3 years and lost 50 pounds (and have kept it off).

Why are your calories so low? Are you not exercising at all? I would worry you wont be able to sustain that level.
Oh, no killjoy. I fully understand the first bit is always easier.

As for the calories, you are correct, I'm not exercising at all. A combination of working 2nd shift schedule, busy home life, and getting up late. I'd eat once at home around 10-11am before going to work. Eat at work, and then I don't get home until after midnight, and I'm not going to eat again so late right before sleep, so I just chug some water, and go to sleep.

Today though I woke up earlier, so I ate 3 meals, and bumped me up to about 2100. It's all good!

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
Ok guys, I've been maintaining at 183-187 for almost 2 years now, and on a bet with a co-worker we're going to see who can decrease our body fat percentage more in the next 29 days. We both used the same scale to measure body fat (doesn't matter if it's accurate, we're both using the same one and will use the same one to determine the winner) and I was 186lbs, 14.5%. He was 195lbs, 16.5%.

I've got myfitnesspal set for 1700 calories, I'm gonna go lift 4 days a week and do 2 days of cardio, and try to do one 30-40 mile ride per week. Should lose ~2lbs/week on that routine.

Winner gets a free sit/standing desk so this is some serious shit. Haha.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Other than calories being counted, are you making any dietary changes to help out? You know, like not eating anything you enjoy?

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
Other than calories being counted, are you making any dietary changes to help out? You know, like not eating anything you enjoy?
Not particularly, I already eat pretty well, I just need to exercise a bit more portion control and stay out of the kids snacks while cutting.