Westworld

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Super disappointed. My wife saw a casting for extras for season two last year, but by the time we saw it, we figured it was too late. I'm pretty sure it probably wasn't, though.

Around that time I had been reading about extras who end up becoming regular set pieces for shows (Game of Thrones, for instance). Would've been pretty fucking awesome to have become a permanent fixture in Westworld. I mean, yeah, it's unlikely, but I can dream.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Fuck am I stoked for this.

Screen_Shot_2018_03_29_at_11.21.54_AM.png

Ford was a Host, meant to build an intro story for the "hardcore" West World server where you can really die--which has been allowed by the government because all humans are Methuselah and many are growing extremely bored. In the "true" real world, humans are actually heavily augmented by machine prosthetic and implants, to the point where most of their body is actually artificial--so much so that humans spot hosts by how FEW artificial parts they have. Ford and the "humans" of West World were considered "perfect" hosts that were only just recently perfected because they didn't need chips in their brains to function. The idea that "humans" are far more machine than the supposed 'machines' will fuck with the nature of perception and what is alive--the script will flip as the denziens of West World realize its not machines rebelling against humans, but in a sense the last humans rebelling against the machines.

Taking a hail mary :p.

Last edited:
  • 1Hodjing
  • 1Blown
  • 1Jew
Reactions: 2 users

Louis

Trakanon Raider
S1 of Westworld (and True Detective) is, in my opinion, a masterpiece. If you don't remember it I would definitely watch it again because it's great.

Just started watching season 1 again today and feel like I'm enjoying it more this time because of the subtle things I wasn't aware of on the first go around.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
I can't remember did AH's char die last season?

I guess most of you guys have much more busy and rewarding lives than I do because these shows leave an indelible mark on me. There's some poor bastard in Cameroon foraging for food right now and you can't remember if AH died in one of the best episodes of TV ever made.

I mean no offense about any of this, I just point it out to highlight how awesome America is.

• 4Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 5 users

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I guess most of you guys have much more busy and rewarding lives than I do because these shows leave an indelible mark on me. There's some poor bastard in Cameroon foraging for food right now and you can't remember if AH died in one of the best episodes of TV ever made.

I mean no offense about any of this, I just point it out to highlight how awesome America is.

It's a curse. I love drinking during my favorite shows. Obviously it causes problems with retention.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 1 users

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Ford was a Host, meant to build an intro story for the "hardcore" West World server where you can really die--which has been allowed by the government because all humans are Methuselah and many are growing extremely bored. In the "true" real world, humans are actually heavily augmented by machine prosthetic and implants, to the point where most of their body is actually artificial--so much so that humans spot hosts by how FEW artificial parts they have. Ford and the "humans" of West World were considered "perfect" hosts that were only just recently perfected because they didn't need chips in their brains to function. The idea that "humans" are far more machine than the supposed 'machines' will fuck with the nature of perception and what is alive--the script will flip as the denziens of West World realize its not machines rebelling against humans, but in a sense the last humans rebelling against the machines.

Taking a hail mary :p.

I like this idea, did you happen to watch the Film Theorist episode about where Westworld is located?

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
This is a time of year when I'm very often sleep deprived so I'm sure that has something to do with my troubles following this show and then remembering it later. I should really just watch Family Guy reruns during calving season.