Westworld

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
They'll need some major shenanigans to make the invasion of the Human World seem remotely plausible. Unless they can repair themselves and have the logistics to supply themselves with all the high tech shit to maintain and build robots its like what? 10k robots against all of Mankind and the robots have 19th century weaponry and no knowledge of modern society.

What do you think the importance of Abernathy is?

We don't know enough yet to say for certain but if the Hosts control the park then they control the ability to make more of themselves. We just saw a drone version for the first time as well so it may be possible to make more and quicker since you don't need the full story line for them. They certainly have knowledge of mankind, intimately so, therefore they know their enemy and Dolores clearly references this. The park also seemed well equipped with modern weaponry and I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to make more.

For Abernathy, Ford's trump card for 35 years was only he knew how to make robots seem lifelike. Maybe not in appearance but in function. So they loaded up Abernathy with all the core code and tried to smuggle him out in case Ford burned the whole thing down on his way out which he kind of did. Abernathy still has all that code in him. Keep in mind Bernard is not with Tessa Thompson when he wakes up on the beach so something happens to her in trying to get Abernathy.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
The way Teddy is giving looks at blood crazed Dolores makes me think that this season will awesome start exposing the personalities the AIs develop. Teddy will come to disagree with what Dolores is doing and it will cause a rift there - possibly resulting in Dolores off'ing all the AIs that don't agree with her.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Brikker

Trump's Staff
I'm still very interested in where the setting of this show is, too. Clearly an American Southwest setting for the park, yet season opener looks like a North American West coast beach/ocean. Not to mention the director of operations guy talking to what looked like Chinese marines about an NDA and Delos having full rights to the "island".

At the same time, there are at least six parks and that tiger wandered over from another into Westworld, indicating they are all in this area...

Could still be another planet, I guess.

p.s. never realized Tessa Thompson has the chest of a pre-pubescent boy.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
The corporate chick mentioned twice that Bernard's DNA being scanned when they were getting into the secret bunker. What fucking DNA? Is there more time fuckery and that's actually Arnold? Ugh.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
It’s all about slow reveals. They could tell you next week this is all taking place in the Expanse universe.

As long as the drama is good it’ll be fine. I’ve liked the dynamic between Newton and the criminal guy from the get go. I got a real Joseph/Mary vibe from them and still think they’re the long term plot.

Also not convinced Abernathy is the same package. Newton has all the blackmail docs in her brain being the Mistress and she was programmed to get on the train and didn’t. Also could be Bernard as I get the feeling Thompson’s character knows he’s a machine.

“what we really do here” is blackmail the most powerful men and women in the world.

• 1Like

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
The corporate chick mentioned twice that Bernard's DNA being scanned when they were getting into the secret bunker. What fucking DNA? Is there more time fuckery and that's actually Arnold? Ugh.

That clearly wasn't Arnold as Bernard was malfunctioning. On the DNA, who knows but it's not hard to reason that DNA is used to make hosts and why they are so life like.

Ladro

Anomaly
That clearly wasn't Arnold as Bernard was malfunctioning. On the DNA, who knows but it's not hard to reason that DNA is used to make hosts and why they are so life like.

Also stands to reason that since Bernard was a copy of Arnold, Ford would have made sure he could pass DNA and blood tests.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Seems like a reach considering he had to inject himself with some neck jizz to stop being all funky. Clearly not designed to pass as a human upon any reasonable inspection. Passing a DNA test seems too out of place to me. The entire episode was about the physical differences between them and us.

• 1Like

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Seems like a reach considering he had to inject himself with some neck jizz to stop being all funky. Clearly not designed to pass as a human upon any reasonable inspection. Passing a DNA test seems too out of place to me. The entire episode was about the physical differences between them and us.

Uh what? If that were the case then Bernard wouldn't have been able to work as the Head of Programming as everybody would have known he was a Host.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Uh what? If that were the case then Bernard wouldn't have been able to work as the Head of Programming as everybody would have known he was a Host.
Or no one bothered to check because of Ford? OR some other reason soon to be revealed? The theme from start to finish was about the physical differences and yet here we have Bernard having human DNA? Something doesnt fit.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider

Given what we have seen of their "brains" any kind of invasive scan will show them for what they are. But basically producing DNA for that kind of hand scan seems pretty easy given how they construct the hosts. The fact they are not having people going through X ray machines means they still do not seem to suspect hosts able to pass themselves as fully human yet.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Or no one bothered to check because of Ford? OR some other reason soon to be revealed? The theme from start to finish was about the physical differences and yet here we have Bernard having human DNA? Something doesnt fit.

I'm going to go with it on Bernard because he is their Lead Developer for the entire park. He didn't know he was a host but would have to be able to pass basic biometric security just to get around.

Brain scan or X-ray or anything would fuck him obviously but door handle was probably fine.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Given what we have seen of their "brains" any kind of invasive scan will show them for what they are. But basically producing DNA for that kind of hand scan seems pretty easy given how they construct the hosts. The fact they are not having people going through X ray machines means they still do not seem to suspect hosts able to pass themselves as fully human yet.
Well i am assuming that the computer in the double super secret bunker is sophisticated enough to detect the slightest of abnormalities. Also it was really weird that the DNA was mentioned twice within the same 5 minute segment. My autism detector is tingling.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Also the scenes with the military guys executing hosts as a way to engender that, "they're people too!" was really off. We spent last season seeing these bitches being torn up and rebuilt constantly. Not sure why Bernard or anyone would care because after this kind of event the most logical thing to do is to kill every single Host and decommission all of them.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Also the scenes with the military guys executing hosts as a way to engender that, "they're people too!" was really off. We spent last season seeing these bitches being torn up and rebuilt constantly. Not sure why Bernard or anyone would care because after this kind of event the most logical thing to do is to kill every single Host and decommission all of them.
It might be meant to elicit a sympathetic reaction from the audience. Basically now that we know they are intelligent, we have an empathic response to their plight when before we did not. Its the whole "What is human?" question being forced onto us. Maybe. Or maybe i smoke way too much weed.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
No one seemed to care except for Bernard. And it's completely understandable why he's starting to feel an attachment to the hosts. I don't think anything last night required any mental gymnastics to justify.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
No one seemed to care except for Bernard. And it's completely understandable why he's starting to feel an attachment to the hosts. I don't think anything last night required any mental gymnastics to justify.

Well then he of all people would know that, while maybe traumatizing, it isn't like they're dead for good.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I mean...even if you know you're coming back to life I don't think you'd like being off'ed by a gun squad. Especially if those getting off'ed think that they're actually dying.

Ome

Molten Core Raider
Well then he of all people would know that, while maybe traumatizing, it isn't like they're dead for good.

I imagine part of it is him feeling bad for them but now more then ever he really sees things in a different light as he is one of them now.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I just rewatched season 1 a few weeks ago and I was a little blown away by the plastic mini brain they had in their head. Am I forgetting something from season 1 cause I thought they were 100% organic human meat except somehow programmable ect ect.