Westworld

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Episode 1 starts off slow enough that viewers who are on the fence about waiting to binge can safely put off starting on this season for a few weeks.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Louis

Trakanon Raider
I just rewatched season 1 a few weeks ago and I was a little blown away by the plastic mini brain they had in their head. Am I forgetting something from season 1 cause I thought they were 100% organic human meat except somehow programmable ect ect.

Fairly certain you are right and that was never shown. I also don't think you ever saw any slot for that when the machines are shown building them.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
How can the Host guns work on actual people?

There are two modes to the guns. Safe mode and kill mode. When the gun is targeting anything other than another host, it's in safe mode and the bullet doesn't go fast enough to kill. The switch between modes was deactivated and left permanently on kill mode. At least that's the best reason I can come up with.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
That clearly wasn't Arnold as Bernard was malfunctioning. On the DNA, who knows but it's not hard to reason that DNA is used to make hosts and why they are so life like.

Easy enough to just have some living DNA generating stuff for hands/mouth. Ford wanted bernard to pass as one of the head honchos of the park so being able to pass basic types of tests like DNA tests/swabs has to have been something he thought out. You could get away with not doing it on lower level employee but for somebody in bernards position sooner or later he was going to encounter some basic genetic tests. Given the tech they are working with and Fords level of access to the base data the company is working from faking benard up enough to pass anything but invasive body scans should be no big challenge.

Xevy

Log Wizard
So, Delos has been stealing people's DNA when they fuck the robots/get injured. They even had that ToS agreement on their fake website last season about using any DNA left in the park. So Delos is trying to make hosts to replace people in the real world to control everything, right? I imagine that's the over-arching plot that has yet to be fully revealed.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
So, Delos has been stealing people's DNA when they fuck the robots/get injured. They even had that ToS agreement on their fake website last season about using any DNA left in the park. So Delos is trying to make hosts to replace people in the real world to control everything, right? I imagine that's the over-arching plot that has yet to be fully revealed.

I would guess that is probably the long term goal. Although the second anybody finds out about it it seems like now we have seen more of what their skull/brain look like that basic X ray tests would show instantly who is a host and who is not so that kind of infiltration seems like a limited utility thing.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>

I think this will have to be the case. I just don't see a way where 10k robots or whatever are even capable of taking on the whole of Mankind. Unless the Permadeath Server is just a really cool and elaborate ruse.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
That's not how I read it, the writer even mentions that the IP and the host's brains are worth more than any materials in the park, which is what I think they are after. Basically Ford had the know how and never gave it away and it's impossible to steal it under Ford's nose, that's why they steal decomissioned hosts and beam them to the home base. I also imagine there are several of special interest, either as new revisions or as specifically popular/reliable, which is those they want to steal eminently.

I wouldn't read into it further than just greed.

Zajeer

Molten Core Raider
Its also possible that they will reveal a way to transfer consciousness. Wasn't that what Arnold was obsessed with? Maybe they are going the same path as Altered Carbon in the end.

Ladro

Anomaly
Its also possible that they will reveal a way to transfer consciousness. Wasn't that what Arnold was obsessed with? Maybe they are going the same path as Altered Carbon in the end.

I could see that, especially if you contextualize that with genetic memory. If you get someones DNA, you get their memories etc. Perhaps the ultimate goal is to allow human -> host transfers while retaining the idea of self.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Oldbased

> Than U
Watched it with sound. Still no place to insert dick.
Freaky thinking stuff. What if it is a simulation inside a simulation and the humans are actually not real either but player controlled where the AI's are NPCs meaning all of them are actually androidic?
If you can slice the top for the last few seconds of video for clues, why not do it to ALL of them and instead just the one?
Why is everyone including the security chick who after she was told and ID'd "the boss" still acting like a 3rd grade bitch and so angry all the time?

So many questions.

• 1Worf

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
What if all the Hosts were from someone else's DNA? Bernard is obviously from Arnold, what if Dolores was from his wife or someone he knew before he started the work? They're growing cyborg humans basically, the DNA for the human part has to come from somewhere I would assume.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>

So it's going to be like 'Counterpart', except interesting and not boring.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I'm still fairly convinced this is part of a larger game people are participating in and it's still only artificial humans dying so far.

• 1Like

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
That's not how I read it, the writer even mentions that the IP and the host's brains are worth more than any materials in the park, which is what I think they are after. Basically Ford had the know how and never gave it away and it's impossible to steal it under Ford's nose, that's why they steal decomissioned hosts and beam them to the home base. I also imagine there are several of special interest, either as new revisions or as specifically popular/reliable, which is those they want to steal eminently.

I wouldn't read into it further than just greed.
Keep in mind that Abernathy was one of two hosts I believe (the other being milk guy's sidekick) who were decommissioned after the reverie update in the first episode of season one. Afterwards they "rolled back" the update. So it's possible Abernathy is the only host that still has that update, since they didn't roll it out to everyone.

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Westworld
Journey Into Night
Season: 2
Episode: 1
Air date: 2018-04-22

Guest stars: Betty Gabriel, Steven Ogg, Christopher May, Oliver Bell, Ward Roberts, Micah Fitzgerald, Adam Storke, Lisa Roumain, Sarah Jane MacKay, Brian Yang, David Midthunder, Brett Edwards, Matthew Wimbush, Brenna Otts, Adam Farabee, Antonio Leon, Rene Ashton, Jasmyn Rae, Alexander Ward
The puppet show is over, and we are coming for you and the rest of your kind. Dolores leads a host revolution against the Delos board. Maeve, meanwhile, searches for what compelled her to return to the park.

Yeah this was a pretty god damn boring premiere.

And I guaran-fucking-tee you that people are wasting their time theorizing over shit. The writers probably have no overall vision for the story and are just winging it. This is will be LOST all over again.

• 3Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 3 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
oRvpF7Rnp76V8NNrPk4o5AzJ84N.jpg

Journey Into Night

Season: 2
Episode: 1
Air date: 2018-04-22

Guest stars: Betty Gabriel, Steven Ogg, Christopher May, Oliver Bell, Ward Roberts, Micah Fitzgerald, Adam Storke, Lisa Roumain, Sarah Jane MacKay, Brian Yang, David Midthunder, Brett Edwards, Matthew Wimbush, Brenna Otts, Adam Farabee, Antonio Leon, Rene Ashton, Jasmyn Rae, Alexander Ward

The puppet show is over, and we are coming for you and the rest of your kind. Dolores leads a host revolution against the Delos board. Maeve, meanwhile, searches for what compelled her to return to the park.

Yeah this was a pretty god damn boring premiere.

And I guaran-fucking-tee you that people are wasting their time theorizing over shit. The writers probably have no overall vision for the story and are just winging it. This is will be LOST all over again.

I like the conspiracy theory that the writers are salty that their plotline was discovered by autism within three episodes last season. Therefore they've completely filled this season full of shit to misdirect people.

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
This is will be LOST all over again

I really hope not. i mean the main reason why LOST got shat on, as far as I am aware, is the writers and the main creative force behind the show left after like the first or second season.

I'm not planning on watching this after the show gets its first major cost cut.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Well, once you start looking only at the bigger picture, you miss so much of the awesome details. Like how the Man in Black is simply a hardcore veteran doing his one last FFA survival run, or Dolores going Wyatt at will. Or the maggots in Ford's head which I'm fairly were the confirmation that he is really fucking dead and the malfunctioning child getting PK'd was the final nail in his coffin.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Well, once you start looking only at the bigger picture, you miss so much of the awesome details. Like how the Man in Black is simply a hardcore veteran doing his one last FFA survival run, or Dolores going Wyatt at will. Or the maggots in Ford's head which I'm fairly were the confirmation that he is really fucking dead and the malfunctioning child getting PK'd was the final nail in his coffin.
Still pretty sure William (Man in Black) is either the head of the board or someone high ranking in the hierarchy.

We even got somewhat confirmation of that when he's wandering back into civilization and the dude in a tuxedo is yelling at him about how fucked up things are, then gets shot in the head.