Westworld

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Didn't they already reveal that he's one of the owners? Majority owner or something like that? I feel like that was mentioned in a season 1 episode.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Slow start but I like there the season is going. Dolores was hot as the farmers daughter but so much hotter as the homicidal leader of an android rebellion.

My only complaint is a minor one. This show would benefit greatly from an occasional little line of text at the bottom "50 years ago" "present day" etc. I get the WIB mystery and reveal from last season. I get why they kept timelines mysterious then. But at this point its just stupid and doesnt seem to serve any purpose to make the audience always wonder, "wait, did this scene happen 50 years ago or today?"

I dunno, I have literally never watched a movie or show where they gave you that little line of text and said "oh no, they totally spoiled this for me". It is always a welcome and useful piece of information that contributes to my enjoyment of a show.

Still, that is an absurdly minor complain about an awesome show.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Keep in mind that Abernathy was one of two hosts I believe (the other being milk guy's sidekick) who were decommissioned after the reverie update in the first episode of season one. Afterwards they "rolled back" the update. So it's possible Abernathy is the only host that still has that update, since they didn't roll it out to everyone.

I'm pretty sure Ford claimed he would roll it back but did not. He clearly indicated in the final episode that the update was part of his plan all along.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Didn't they already reveal that he's one of the owners? Majority owner or something like that? I feel like that was mentioned in a season 1 episode.

Yes, he married the daughter of the original owner and also saved the park from going under.

Slow start but I like there the season is going. Dolores was hot as the farmers daughter but so much hotter as the homicidal leader of an android rebellion.

My only complaint is a minor one. This show would benefit greatly from an occasional little line of text at the bottom "50 years ago" "present day" etc. I get the WIB mystery and reveal from last season. I get why they kept timelines mysterious then. But at this point its just stupid and doesnt seem to serve any purpose to make the audience always wonder, "wait, did this scene happen 50 years ago or today?"

I dunno, I have literally never watched a movie or show where they gave you that little line of text and said "oh no, they totally spoiled this for me". It is always a welcome and useful piece of information that contributes to my enjoyment of a show.

I think the problem with that is they keep adding in new timelines and that's part of the game. The flashback Arnold had with Dolores dressed up for a party in a black dress makes me believe there's more that will be added.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Still pretty sure William (Man in Black) is either the head of the board or someone high ranking in the hierarchy.

We even got somewhat confirmation of that when he's wandering back into civilization and the dude in a tuxedo is yelling at him about how fucked up things are, then gets shot in the head.
I mean come on, he could afford to practically live in the park and he got invited to Ford's party, even his interaction with the old man in the least season said as much.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I mean come on, he could afford to practically live in the park and he got invited to Ford's party, even his interaction with the old man in the least season said as much.

Not sure why this is being debated. Season 1 he was head of company that held majority shares. I doubt he had to pay shit to be in the park.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Not sure why this is being debated. Season 1 he was head of company that held majority shares. I doubt he had to pay shit to be in the park.
Basically the point of the character is that he is bored with life and hunts for thrills, while not being particularly interested in the overarching plot, which is good balance to hosts' battle for the future and guests' fight for survival.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Basically the point of the character is that he is bored with life and hunts for thrills, while not being particularly interested in the overarching plot, which is good balance to hosts' battle for the future and guests' fight for survival.
Huh? He is involved with the end game of the park. He's the only person playing Ford's game it seems

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>

I think he was the only person in the park (other than ford) interested in the overarching plot. As I eluded to earlier, I think this whole game is for him, not just the westworld park, but all of this seemingly IRL stuff. He's not just playing a western game, he's playing a save the company against espionage game that's going to involved all the parks.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Not only that, he even has his own little cabin, w/ his own horse (calls it ned) waiting for him, and in a chest has his clothes/weapons at the ready.

Ladro

Anomaly
Not only that, he even has his own little cabin, w/ his own horse (calls it ned) waiting for him, and in a chest has his clothes/weapons at the ready.

Yeah if that doesn't seal the whole he can do whatever the fuck he wants, I don't know what else you want. A private entrance? Dude spent S1 finding himself and getting the balls to totally screw his friend over, pretty sure he left with the newfound desire to own the corporate world.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Hrmmm wait a minute. Was it ever shown/confirmed that he was just the younger version of William (man in black) in an earlier timeline? Damnit. Do I need to go back and re-watch S1? I watch too many fucking TV shows, it's getting too hard to keep shit straight between seasons.

• 1Like

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Hrmmm wait a minute. Was it ever shown/confirmed that he was just the younger version of William (man in black) in an earlier timeline? Damnit. Do I need to go back and re-watch S1? I watch too many fucking TV shows, it's getting too hard to keep shit straight between seasons.
God damnit. Fuck you God we need Woolygimp Woolygimp

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
He's not just playing a western game, he's playing a save the company against espionage game that's going to involved all the parks.

I think he is playing "the meaning to life is in the game" game, everything else is inconsequential to him. That's what he thinks is at the center of the maze, or immortality.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I think he is playing "the meaning to life is in the game" game, everything else is inconsequential to him. That's what he thinks is at the center of the maze, or immortality.

Maybe, I like Lithose Lithose idea that this shit is way far in the future and humans are hyper augmented. Lends to my idea that there are very few for real humans in this show (so far) and the ones we're seeing, like MIB, have been de-augmented in order to pursue.... something. Meaning, becoming a god, who knows what.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider

I totally agree. I also don't think it's really a minor complaint. There is zero reason to keep fucking around with the confusing timeline stuff. There are times when you can sacrifice clarity for "big reveal" moments, but that time has passed. Give us a cogent timeline and let us have a clear grasp of what we are seeing.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I think a lot of people here missed a lot of shit in season one just like I did. Even after re-watching S1 a lot of this didn't click for me, but these videos were helpful.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
As mentioned about 100 pages ago, Westworld S01 was a show where you had to read the stuff online to understand what was going on.

Not the first HBO show where supplemental reading was necessary. Many other examples on that network-- it's what gives it its appeal to a premium audience. Everyone knows HBO is for smart people!

• 1Picard

Brikker

Trump's Staff

Because people forget every detail about every show all the damn time.

P.s. it's all a simulation

• 1Like