Westworld

Pharazon2

Molten Core Raider
Great episode. Every step of the way you knew what was coming but it was fascinating to see it happen. They were telegraphing that as William's daughter throughout, interesting that they didn't make us wait longer to see their meeting up. Its the kind of carrot writers usually dangle in front of you and make you wait longer to see. Didn't miss Delores.. cool to see Elsie back teaming up with crazy Bernard.

Guess we won't see Logan back.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Well that was one of the best episodes hands down. Didn't want it to stop. It made the last three episodes look really weak.

This. Was worried shit was starting to go south, then they drop an episode like this. Hope lives.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
Finally an episode worth calling "Good". The prologue kind of gave away a lot of what was unfolding and answered some questions before they needed to be, but overall pretty great. If the Lazarus thing wasn't the "weapon" that Delores was talking about, not sure what it is. Though the longer this goes on the more I think that it's something super fucked up like humanity is all dead and everyone is hosts etc. etc.. Hopefully that's not the case.

• 2Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
That was an excellent episode. It actually cleared up stuff and created some interesting questions. While William seems to have soured over time on the Immortality Project. Delos the company clearly has not. Whatever Ford is doing means he did embrace it to some degree. Since he can appear in seemingly any host he wants. Like his comment before Dolores killed him last season, "we just become music."

Who do you think the Human Host mind that Bernard copied belongs to?

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
How many days we think it's been since, elsie kidnap? i say 5-7
add4aa96db621296a67274b6b92f74d7.png

b7bda821b808eb637ea344812421c907.jpg

so like maybe a week or less. I'd think she'd eat 2 or 3 bars the first day, then day 2 she'd think oh shit, i'm really here on a rock and chained up and eat 1 bar a day and then maybe none, w/ zero water in the fucking desert in a cave she should gone crazy in 3 days, but she seems fine.

Now we gotta ask why does Ford suddenly have a softspot for humans? he ordered Bernard to kill Theresa w/ seemingly zero remorse, he ordered Bernard to goto this secret cave, get some superbrain and kill the all lab techs (humans) inside, and he doesn't mind letting all his toys kills guests for funzies so he can advance his story.

But he spares Elsie?

We can say, maybe it was Bernard subconsciencely saving Elsie, she does seem to be extremely talented and she musta been one of Bernards direct reports

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
Never watched but was on a list of things I might like. Know what options to watch this without torrenting are? Don't think I have HBO access with my xfinity. (Wifes the tv watcher) On amazon prime by any chance? Been thinking about trying that since netflix keeps sucking and yanking things from my list and otherwise being a bunch of faggy sjw's.

Call Xfinity and tell them you're cancelling unless they can give you first year perks (aka free HBO). Or get HBO Now. Or just pay to add HBO since it's worth it.

• 1Like

Jait

Molten Core Raider
So Thanos and Gamora are off for the Soul Stone. Bet that works out well. Also Bernard wants the Soul Stone to become Human again ala Pinocchio. And only Hannibal Lector could create Soul Stones.

Acting is great though. Especially the Death scene. Conflict is so derivative it’s otherwise be a moronic change from the original premise. This is JJ Abrams and company using Crichtons work as a spring board for their normal Lost plotlines.

• 1Picard

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Seems that William was actively sabotaging Delos' host by telling him his real body was dead. It always seemed that he was completely functional until he got that information. So basically your uploaded mind, no matter how sophisticated, cannot handle the reality of knowing you are dead and are now inside a robot. And perhaps that's the explanation for why Bernard is malfunctioning while all the hosts that didn't have a human consciousness implanted in them seem to be fine with their self awareness. That's an interesting take on it. Physically this "robot cloning" works, psychologically it does not.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Seems that William was actively sabotaging Delos' host by telling him his real body was dead. It always seemed that he was completely functional until he got that information. So basically your uploaded mind, no matter how sophisticated, cannot handle the reality of knowing you are dead and are now inside a robot. And perhaps that's the explanation for why Bernard is malfunctioning while all the hosts that didn't have a human consciousness implanted in them seem to be fine with their self awareness. That's an interesting take on it. Physically this "robot cloning" works, psychologically it does not.

I would agree with that except the fact that Delos was twitching and having a hard time pouring cream into his coffee before William would show up. That got progressively better. At first, he poured it over the side of the cup, and by the last go around, he was able to pour it normally into his coffee. That was before any discussions took place.

Good episode though. If I had to watch Delores and her garbage one more time I was just about to throw the towel in.

• 2Like

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
The worst thing in this show so far was the S2E3 battle. Hopefully they'll somehow make sense of it later on, otherwise oh well. It's hard to make a flawless show.

Last night's episode was fantastic.

• 2Like

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
Also, I hate to add any fuel to the fire for our ridiculous nitpickers since I love this show, but why isn't MiB's arm broken?

• 1Like

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
Also, I hate to add any fuel to the fire for our ridiculous nitpickers since I love this show, but why isn't MiB's arm broken?

He pulled that medkit out of the wall and fixed himself. When Hector asked what he was doing he said technically cheating.

• 2Like

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Call Xfinity and tell them you're cancelling unless they can give you first year perks (aka free HBO). Or get HBO Now. Or just pay to add HBO since it's worth it.

I went with HBO now. Easier to cancel and reactivate without doing the haggling BS with the cable company.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Caliane

That was an excellent episode. It actually cleared up stuff and created some interesting questions. While William seems to have soured over time on the Immortality Project. Delos the company clearly has not. Whatever Ford is doing means he did embrace it to some degree. Since he can appear in seemingly any host he wants. Like his comment before Dolores killed him last season, "we just become music."

Who do you think the Human Host mind that Bernard copied belongs to?
Elsie.

Also in regards to the souring, etc.
I think this episodes, "looking forward, playing the wrong game, need to look back" is obviously important here too.
Being parents, and having children, and passing the torch was clearly a theme.

I'm a bastard, I dont deserve immortality, my daughter hates me(and is right to do so..)

but needs to look back. at what? Arnold presumably? something else?

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Because I don't trust anything in this show until it's been 100% confirmed. And that is a bit of a leap.

• 2Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Elsie.

Also in regards to the souring, etc.
I think this episodes, "looking forward, playing the wrong game, need to look back" is obviously important here too.
Being parents, and having children, and passing the torch was clearly a theme.

I'm a bastard, I dont deserve immortality, my daughter hates me(and is right to do so..)

but needs to look back. at what? Arnold presumably? something else?

That is deeply personal but only to William. Since this whole thing has so far been a very clear construct of Ford's it would make very little sense why Elsie was in a cloned host CPU.

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
He pulled that medkit out of the wall and fixed himself. When Hector asked what he was doing he said technically cheating.

That was for his gunshot wound to the other arm, I believe. Remember Clementine shot him last season, and I think he's been grazed a few times this season as well. Maybe his arm was just dislocated last season? Looked like a straight-up compound fracture to me though.

Last edited:
  • 1Like