Westworld

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Because I don't trust anything in this show until it's been 100% confirmed. And that is a bit of a leap.
yup, we all know mib had a daughter named emily, we even see young emily talking w/ dolores, then we have india girl named Grace, that the head of security doesn't know.

all of a sudden Grace=Emily

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Pharazon2

Molten Core Raider
Now we gotta ask why does Ford suddenly have a softspot for humans? he ordered Bernard to kill Theresa w/ seemingly zero remorse, he ordered Bernard to goto this secret cave, get some superbrain and kill the all lab techs (humans) inside, and he doesn't mind letting all his toys kills guests for funzies so he can advance his story.

But he spares Elsie?

We can say, maybe it was Bernard subconsciencely saving Elsie, she does seem to be extremely talented and she musta been one of Bernards direct reports

Ford had motive to kill the rest. They were either doing him wrong or part of a plot to do him wrong. Elsie was not.

Theresa was trying to take control of the park away from him.

Everybody in the lab was part of a plot to use his own technology in a way that he had never signed on for, behind his back. Obviously Ford wasn't down. What's going to be awesome is when we find out that Ford himself solved the problems Delos' whole team of scientists couldn't, and that that was why he had Delores do him in. He had to move in to his new upgraded body on his own schedule, before the old one gave out. Robo Hopkins shows at some point, no glitches.

Ok there are a lot of innocents in the ongoing robo slaughter... but at least some of them are part of the evil Delos board as well haha.

• 1Like

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Old man Delos went all Event Horizon on himself. Caught me off guard there.

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
parks also seem to follow different time zones

if we go back to when Ford had the revolution, it was a night party, india girl was hunting in the day when raj went wacko.

Grez

Trakanon Raider
Old man Delos went all Event Horizon on himself. Caught me off guard there.

He stabilized though. Call me nuts, but I think all he needs is a psychiatrist and therapist to lead him back into the light of sanity and he'd be whole again.

Ressurection, it seems, isn't easy.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Well holy shit was that a great episode. Man, when this show is on it is really on.

I want to make sure I have this right: The thing that Abernathy is sneaking out of the park is Delos' consciousness in a database, right?

Last edited:

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Who do you think the Human Host mind that Bernard copied belongs to?

I mean, it's Ford, right?

I take the last scene to mean that Bernard really still is under his control and this is all playing out exactly like he wants. He knew about the Delos clones and solved the errors; now he is going to bring himself back. Alternatively Ford could have saved Arnold's imprint and Bernard is literally bringing himself back from the dead.

• 1Like

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
parks also seem to follow different time zones

if we go back to when Ford had the revolution, it was a night party, india girl was hunting in the day when raj went wacko.

and different weather such as going from hot desert to snow country in what appeared to be a short period of time as well as going from hot steamy jungle to desert across the lake.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Well holy shit was that a great episode. Man, when this show is on it is really on.

I want to make sure I have this right: The thing that Abernathy is sneaking out of the park is Delos' consciousness in a database, right?

I think it is not just his consciousness but possibly everybody who has ever been in the park.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Bernard is possibly the first successful human host hybrid and we're already overlooking it. How else does he function off a narrative before the Ford change (what door, etc)? Pretty sure Bernard is the key to the Lazarus ability.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Kind of odd that Emily rode right up to MiB. How did she know where he was? Do we chalk that up to cinematic excess or something more meaningful?

spronk

FPS noob
Really happy with the reveal that William has been pursuing immortality for 30 years, thats one of the first things I posted in this thread years ago about how it would be nuts if someone doesn't go after that since its the obvious second step after you start creating human clones and can download conciousness. Love the idea that the mind goes nuts after a while in a copied body, Frank Herbert (Dune) wrote 3 novels around similar ideas of AIs going insane after a while and torturing humans, season 2 seems to play off some of the same ideas.

There's a lot of shit in this show that is just whacky or makes no sense and there are definitely some bad episodes but episodes like this week really make me glad to watch. Hope the season can finish strong.

Its a bit troubling that this episode is the strongest and it features zero seconds of Dolores or Teddy on screen, I think they are probably the weakest part of the show. I'd love however to turn my opinion around on that, hopefully the writers can deliver.

• 1Solidarity

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
This is all too straightforward. Ford planned all of this. The only plot question of this season so far: Are Ford and William on the same side?

• 1Like
  • 1Picard

Brodhi

I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.
<Donor>
This is all too straightforward. Ford planned all of this. The only plot question of this season so far: Are Ford and William on the same side?

I don't think Ford planned all of this. Ford planned some of it, but there are things going on that he wasn't involved in, either because he didn't know, or didn't care.

One of the best episodes so far, and no coincidence it had zero Delores and Teddy.

I do not believe the brain cube is Ford's, nor do I believe Ford ordered Bernard to go retrieve the brain cube and kill the humans there. I think someone else was ordering him (or perhaps his own choice? motives unclear)

I am also unsure if William's immortality project and the "get all data on all guests" project are related at all. Charlotte's desire to get whatever is locked away in Delores' dad's brain we are assuming is the "guest data" database. Since the encryption method on that file was the same as the encryption on the brain cube, if those two things aren't related, they are at least owned by the same party. How close are William and Charlottes goals? Obviously William is more concerned with personal discovery and self worth, and Charlotte more business driven...but a young William was different than the current William.

Too much speculation...just like with Lost, pointless to hypothesis as writers are probably making this up as they go. Really fun stuff though.

*Edit* Now that I think about it, I guess the "guest data" and the immortality project are probably one and the same, since the labs dedicated to both endeavorers were very similar, the encryption method on both were the same, the guest data might help to create the overall image of the mind/memories they are recreating as the brain cube.

Last edited:

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Its a bit troubling that this episode is the strongest and it features zero seconds of Dolores or Teddy on screen, I think they are probably the weakest part of the show. I'd love however to turn my opinion around on that, hopefully the writers can deliver.
Meh. They're really just bad characters. Dolores doesn't really have any redeeming characteristics, and Teddy is just a drone.

William has always been the most interesting character. Bernard is kind of tying everything together in an as yet unknown way. That lends itself to a stronger episode.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Rewatching season 1, and much of the Billy/Logan past plot doesn't make sense after seeing the origin of Logan's interest/investment in the park in Season 2.

• 1Like
  • 1Salty

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Meh. They're really just bad characters. Dolores doesn't really have any redeeming characteristics, and Teddy is just a drone.

William has always been the most interesting character. Bernard is kind of tying everything together in an as yet unknown way. That lends itself to a stronger episode.
basically bots are bad TV, they even say the same lines, just repurposed for different situations.

• 1Like