Westworld

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
This show is becoming convoluted to the point of being uninteresting. Last week's episode was one of the best in the series. Tonight's was all over the place. Felt like the Shogun world was just shoehorned into the story just to have some samurais and ninjas kill one another. I'm very lukewarm on this season. Without Ed Harris, this season would fall completely flat.

• 1EyeRoll
  • 1Salty
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Maeve is going to murder the fuck out of William if she see's him.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I thought it was a great episode. Johnathan Nolan did admit before the season started that there would be a SamuraiWorld episode, purely crammed in because of his love for Akira Kurosawa, so perhaps knowing that ahead of time allowed me to get excited for it.

Dolores stuff continues to be the weakest link, tho.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Oldbased

> Than U
What is her total screen time this year so far? 10 minutes or so?
Equal pay for hard work my ass. She didn't even show us her titties again.

• 1EyeRoll

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
What is her total screen time this year so far? 10 minutes or so?
Equal pay for hard work my ass. She didn't even show us her titties again.
My wife commented on how tame that sex scene was compared to everything else on HBO.

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
So that episode was stupid but awesome at the same time. I don't give two shits about Teddy and Delores. I like the combo of Maeve and story writer guy though. I'm really curious what Maeve is going to do with her god powers now.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Ladro

Anomaly
Maeve enabling God Mode was kind of neat. Agree that Samurai World felt a little crammed in there, but whatever, it was at least true to the times and they had some great classic Japanese actors speaking Japanese. Felt like a tribute to Kurosawa for sure.

Sex scene was dumb and everything with Teddy and Delores was pointless, not interested in that timeline/story right now.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I can't believe Teddy and Delores are the worst parts so far

Also fucking Shogun World had the best fucking costumes i've ever seen.

Whelp i guess thats why
image003.jpg

Ane Crabtree Westworld Costume Designer

Give an Asian American girl a HBO budget for costumes and she'll do Japan better than anything that little shitty island could produce.

Btw if Akane looked familiar to you, shes Pacific Rim girl

• 1Solidarity

Pharazon2

Molten Core Raider
My wife commented on how tame that sex scene was compared to everything else on HBO.

It had to be tame though. Delores was having one last moment to remember and enjoy the wholesome relationship she was programmed to have with Teddy. It was "making love," not fucking. And afterwards, that's when she really fucked Teddy, or chucked Teddy.

Not a lot worthy of note in this ep. I enjoyed the parallels of the Samurai characters to the Sweetwater characters, was pretty funny. On "Maeve's new powers," is it most likely just Ford acting through her?

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
So that episode was stupid but awesome at the same time. I don't give two shits about Teddy and Delores. I like the combo of Maeve and story writer guy though. I'm really curious what Maeve is going to do with her god powers now.

Yeah man, I had the same thought about Maeve and Sizemore last night. I'm really surprised I like him so much this season, I didn't enjoy him much at all season 1.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Yup. Maeve is following her programming. She's not even close to being awake.

The original programming had her leaving the park on the train (seen on a tablet in S01E10). I figured that at the point she turned around and went back for her daughter was when she started acting of her own volition.

Tho perhaps it's some mix of free will and programming, like Bernard seems to be.

Caliane

yeah, shogun world having mirrors of the bandit characters was amusing and fun..
Maeve becoming Neo, and the One, was beyond retarded.

• 1Solidarity

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Maeve installed her bluetooth drivers. So lame.

• 1Worf

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Maeve installed her bluetooth drivers. So lame.
Yea, it was basically,

Avengers, Oh look, Thanos is mega powerful when he snaps his fingers, lets stop that

Oh look, Maeve is ultra powerful when she fucking speaks, shut her up, Da Fuq, now she evolved to Robot Telepath?

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
I just figured she's tapping into the mesh network that was mentioned by Bernard.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
yeah, shogun world having mirrors of the bandit characters was amusing and fun..
Maeve becoming Neo, and the One, was beyond retarded.

This was my thought exactly. I think we were supposed to be sad when Dolores turned on Teddy but I a couldn't have cared less. That whole story line continues to feel completely pointless. There also seems to be a "girl power" theme to the show, but I just keep thinking that they're not women, they're just robots that happened to have tits bolted on the front.

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
The sound designers must be having fun this year. First there was the Indian remix of Seven Nation Army, and now we have a Japanese remix of C.R.E.A.M.

Put me down in the group of people surprised that the Maeve and Sizemore story is so fun.

• 2Solidarity

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
Armistice also has some of the funniest moments of the show.

I can't believe Teddy and Delores are the worst parts so far

Also fucking Shogun World had the best fucking costumes i've ever seen.

Whelp i guess thats why
image003.jpg

Ane Crabtree Westworld Costume Designer

Give an Asian American girl a HBO budget for costumes and she'll do Japan better than anything that little shitty island could produce.

Btw if Akane looked familiar to you, shes Pacific Rim girl

Also Musashi (Hiroyuki Sanada) fom Last Samurai, Sunshine, etc.