Westworld

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This season has been so uneven. Every other episode has alternated between terrible (1, 3, 5) and great (2, 4).

• 2Like
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 2 users

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
The original programming had her leaving the park on the train (seen on a tablet in S01E10). I figured that at the point she turned around and went back for her daughter was when she started acting of her own volition.

Tho perhaps it's some mix of free will and programming, like Bernard seems to be.

It was probably somewhat planned by ford, though not fully. Everything that's happening is his wyatt storyline but I'd guess that Delores (wyatt) and her merry gang are the only bots on rails while all the rest we're set up to go freestyle, all by ford's design of course and for an end purpose we're not yet aware of. I think our flashfuture in the start of the show where the memories / CPUs / whatever in the bots head's being somehow wiped was really interesting, perhaps abernathy and/or other players transferred the data for some purpose? who knows

The last couple episodes have made me really optimistic that this season isn't going to just be playing cheap mind games with the audience and end in some dumbfuck big reveal that everyone we've seen is a robot on a story loop and humans are extinct and it's like the year 100000 or some dumb shit. That's what I was predicting after the first couple episodes but i'm off that now.

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
I like the theory that the hosts who's minds were wiped are hosts with brand new brains. Dolores and her crew get to a part of the park where they are making new control modules and new bodies. Take the control modules out of Dolores crew, put them in new bodies, try to escape. Put fresh, unprogrammed modules in their old bodies and flood the whole area making it look like everyone is dead.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
I think the biggest problem is there is no clear direction to the viewer on what the end game is supposed to be. We know at some point almost all the hosts drown themselves including Teddy yet Bernard is found there still alive. We know their goals but it's all pretty general. Aside from that there's no real rhyme or reason to what we're watching currently. Every episode they're probably throwing some clues at us but on the whole it's just too piecemeal to feel you're invested in the show. We're now halfway through the season and can anybody really say they have any idea where this will end and what the payoff will be? Right now it's just some hope that it all comes together and not having Hopkins around to at least entertain with his acting has really made it rough.

I'll keep watching as it's only an hour a week but I almost feel asleep during yesterday's episode and it's getting kind of lame. Reddit is probably better than the show at the moment. Reading people lay out how they think it's Arnold's mind in Bernard's body is more entertaining than the show at the moment.

• 3Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 3 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I like the theory that the hosts who's minds were wiped are hosts with brand new brains. Dolores and her crew get to a part of the park where they are making new control modules and new bodies. Take the control modules out of Dolores crew, put them in new bodies, try to escape. Put fresh, unprogrammed modules in their old bodies and flood the whole area making it look like everyone is dead.

That sounds pretty plausible.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
real Bernards fav bot is white Delores and he programs her w/ the best stuff

real Fords fav bot is black Maeve and he programs her w/ the best stuff

is this a black white juxtapose?

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

wat

Golden Knight of the Realm
The original programming had her leaving the park on the train (seen on a tablet in S01E10). I figured that at the point she turned around and went back for her daughter was when she started acting of her own volition.

Tho perhaps it's some mix of free will and programming, like Bernard seems to be.

Wait, I remmeber that scene being interupted before we learned what Maeve's actually programming was. She was being told everything she had done was in her programming, that she would get onto the train and then... but then she immedianly cut the guy who was talking off so we never learn what she was actually programmed to do. Leaving it ambigious on whether or she was still running her program or not.

Anyway this ep kinda sucked. Reusing the storylines was neat and Lee is quickly becoming my favourite character but god i do not care about a bunch of new robots dying that can easily be brought back to life with a ipad.

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
Wait, I remmeber that scene being interupted before we learned what Maeve's actually programming was. She was being told everything she had done was in her programming, that she would get onto the train and then... but then she immedianly cut the guy who was talking off so we never learn what she was actually programmed to do. Leaving it ambigious on whether or she was still running her program or not

Nah, you can see it on the tablet if you pause at the right time, and she cuts him off when he says "after you reach the mainl-"

She was awake once she "decided" to get off the train and go back for her daughter. (at least as far as we know so far)

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
ff69b9d6f56f4efb8b5e68fe4df083ef.jpg

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
My wife turned to me last Sunday and said wait they are both the same guy in reference to Young and old William. I was like wait you didn't know that this while time!? The reveal was amazing and we talked about it, she said she forgot...

Come on! -Gob Bluth.

• 3WTF
  • 2Seriously?
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 5 users

spronk

FPS noob
Conceptually i like all the Japanese stuff but it really belongs on a different show, it feels like a retarded comic book kinda thing now an 8 year old would wrote "... and then the geisha met the ronin and they fought the shogun who sent ninjas to kill them!"

show is an absolute mess this season, there are some great ideas but its dragged into the basement by the acting and writing. The only time the show is good is when Ed Harris is on, mostly because his story is pretty simple whereas every other character has become a super convoluted "who gives a fuck" story.

• 4Like
  • 1Picard
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Conceptually i like all the Japanese stuff but it really belongs on a different show, it feels like a retarded comic book kinda thing now an 8 year old would wrote "... and then the geisha met the ronin and they fought the shogun who sent ninjas to kill them!"
I think that's the point, the gay brit writer is such shit at writing like all hollywood writers.

• 2Like
  • 1Picard

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm

show is an absolute mess this season, there are some great ideas but its dragged into the basement by the acting and writing. The only time the show is good is when Ed Harris is on, mostly because his story is pretty simple whereas every other character has become a super convoluted "who gives a fuck" story.

I'd argue the Bernard stuff is very interesting as well.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Caliane

yes, this is my working theory. I was thinking this is a fakeout when they first found the bodies.
them being "empty" shells really seals the deal.

so, where are they? bernard washes up.. the others evac somewhere else? pretending to be guests?

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Another new email from Westworld. And be sure to click on the links. They're behind every picture, and have been in every other email I've posted here.

Aeden <[email protected]>

eFUHtAnMGdjFBbxca8JAyvTjBRnVqMi0U3iG0hBtZZzsRj2-UHzJRoUCA5JkH4PibnXt4Fz_8mPlXlsrdCOg-yByWAxc5b4CB4NrBECVtr0X6UxVWkSRfyAtNhM3CkwOF5TEU9GJm0fH4IblQGK-cUHmrBhd2a0WTqEyXgFkjsWgyLSnBA=s0-d-e1-ft

Dear valued client,

Looking for a more advanced type of thrill? We invite you to indulge your fantasies and embrace your inner warrior at another stunning Delos Destination. Modeled after Japan’s Edo period, Shogun World is home to beautiful landscapes juxtaposed with dark horror. If you are an experienced guest looking to raise the stakes — this park is meant for you.

Find inspiration for your next adventure in the offerings below.

Best Regards,
Aeden
Guest Services Host

Travel to a land of self-discovery in a park where beauty is outweighed only by thrills.

Get a rare glimpse inside one of Delos’ most exhilarating parks.

Learn how the park’s characters and stories come to life from Shogun World’s narrative department.

• 1Like

etchazz

Trakanon Raider

I feel the same way. Westworld season 2, is now officially True Detective season 2. Everyone wants it to be good, but at this point, it's just plainly obvious the writing is fucking terrible. Any scene that doesn't involve Ed Harris is a snooze fest. The Dolores shit is the absolute worst. They turned her into a sociopath. It completely does not fit her character from the first season. Bots trying to come to life is not very interesting. Without Anthony Hopkins, Ed Harris' character is the only saving grace this season. I kinda figured this season would be bad, but I didn't expect it to go full retard.

• 4Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 4 users

Brodhi

I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.
<Donor>
Yea nothing much to say that hasn't been said. Bad episode, no coincidence it was an episode with a) no Ed Harris, b) no Bernard, c) a lot of Delores.

The Maeve plot is getting old. So she is starting to become Neo...great. As long as writers realize no one really cares about Maeve or Delores's storyline and just keep that stuff as a sideline to the greater story of Harris and Hopkins game...show can still save itself. If they start having more ninja samurai sociopath Delores confederate potato fight scenes, all is lost.

• 1Solidarity

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
You know the way Delores/Teddy turned to shit and MiB is on another western adventure, it's too bad the writers were too shit that they couldn't incorporate Shogun World into the main story.

Just imagine if Maeve group doubled to have their dopplegangers

Maeve/Akane
Hector/Musashi
Armistice/dragon tattoo lady (it's really cultural, if you missed it, Armistice has that snake tattoo and after many trials the snake can turn into a dragon, an asian Dragon, not those shitty Game of Thrones iguanas)

I mean did you guys miss how mirrored Musashi is? they put his wakizashi (shorter sword) on his back like Hectors winchestor

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Maeve making fun of Sizemore's shitty writing was a meta statement about the writers of the show.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like