Westworld

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
What if.. they didn't have a POV for Dolores/Teddy and we only saw hints of what they were doing when it crossed over with other characters like the sweeper team.

They could have made Maeve and her journey the only "host" focused POV which is at least mildly more interesting and may have a point we eventually care about.

spronk

FPS noob
i would have enjoyed 10 episodes of robot orgies as ed harris sneaks his way around asking "do you know how to get to the center of the maze" while having to avoid sex bots trying to grab his dick

• 3Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 4 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Man, comparing it to S2 of True Detective is much too harsh, imo. I remember thinking that season was trying too hard in that first VV and CF where there's like 20 alternating cuts of them looking at each other. Then the whole bird shot thing.

The last two episodes have been pretty solid, in my book. Maeve feels a bit disconnected but still interested in her journey. Bernard is interesting because Jeffrey Wright can't help but draw you in. It's only Delores, to me, that's dragging things down, and that's mostly because she has a lot of annoying speech without a lot happening in her scenes. Hopefully whatever she's done to Teddy makes him more interesting.

I agree it's not nearly on the level of S1, but I think there's reason to be hopefully, especially after the rebound following the very uneven first three episodes.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I feel kind of bad for HBO. They put a lot of egg's in the WW basket and the series just doesn't look like it will ever be anything more than 'meh'. It is no wonder they green-lit 4 new Game of Thrones spin-offs.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Barf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Checking in on Episode 5.

1-4 had me building.

The Samurai stuff tanked the momentum for me. Very disinterested now which sucks, hopefully Episode 6 springboards back.

Right now its kind of a YIKESER moment for me. Episode 5 really cut the legs out. Just really really bad.

Nolan is an idiot for greenlighting that Asian westworld stuff. Whatever time was spent on writing it and shooting it was TOO MUCH. They really had a little vibe building through 1-4 and now its just junkola some of the worst TV I've seen.

Worst part for Westworld ratings will probably be the fact that Episode 5 and the Samurai bullshit reveal was the most promoted and marketed. Advertisements everywhere.

Issa yikees. Two thumbs down.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
I’m looking forward to seeing new upgraded teddy. This season looks to be building to some kind of payoff which has yet to come. I can’t write it off yet because the payoff could be good, but the meandering and filler in the meantime could have been better

Wake Up Man
<Banned>
Still waiting to see robot Dr. Ford show up from that body he was building on his own. See, he cracked the problem Delos is having in getting the consciousness of a human into a robot, hence, Arnold. And remember Ford saying he’s done this with corporate a number of times? He already was a robot. He converted himself a long time ago and has been playing out these takeover scenarios a number of times, lets the robots run amok, then reigns them all in with a back door.

• 1Like

H.A. Monkey

Golden Knight of the Realm
So last season we had the timelines bouncing between current and 30+ years into the past. This season we were shown a little bit on 30+ years ago, but then everything else is at most a 5 day lapse. How can I follow this seasons flashbacks(after my William/MiB fuckup) and yet most people here are getting confused?

Lots of small details being overlooked, making a bunch of mouth breathers scream bad writing.

• 1EyeRoll
  • 1Like
  • 1Barf

Malakriss

Episode starts out with Dolores... damnit this probably won't be good.

• 1Like

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Start of episode 5 shows the cradle destroyed, no Ellie and Bernard seemingly in a daze. Question then is who is in Bernard’s body.

• 1Like

Ladro

Anomaly
So Ford figured out how to put himself into the matrix/cr4-dl and is controlling the park. Pretty fucking cool.

Mazim

Golden Knight of the Realm
Dolores is Ford, Arnold put him there. Maeve is the only real free host in the show.

• 1Like

Malakriss

The Reverie program was secretly the fix to the immortality project, Ford introduced it in the system knowing all of this would happen so he would remain stable when the time came. The way forward is to reflect upon the past.

• 3Like