Westworld

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Elsie is the key!

Ford wanted Elsie dead, Bernard has developed super daddy feels towards her, and while he couldn't "not" kill her, he by passed the kill order and put her away w/ a bucket and food.

Ford has Maeve, whom goes for her daughter

Human Bernard has Dolores, whom goes for her father

Robo Bernard has Elsie,

this is the aberration that Ford did not plan for.
Daddy Issues: The Show

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Again the soldiers continue to be ludicrously incompotent.

• 3Like
  • 3Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah delos security just destroys a fantastic episode. It goes from 10/10 to 6/10 just for that shit alone. Fuck whoever is writing that shit in.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Poor Bernard. Ford is all like "I gave you all free will, except you Bernard." Yeah the Delos security is bordering on absurd but on the whole it was a pretty good episode and clearly spelled out Delos has been selling potential immortality.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
season saved, too bad we had to trudge through 6 pretty mediocre to downright shitty episodes to get there but goddamn you see why they put the Sir in Sir Anthony Hopkins

Ending was weird though, tall guy says "well bernard, looks like we are going back to the valley beyond". back? i thought i had the timelines straight but not so sure now

It'll suck if all these characters who took some major shots survive - William, Maeve, "rind" hooker, "super hot welcome to westworld chick" but I expect maeve and william to truck on (kinda lame). And yeah, all the fighting/soldiers/"lemme get my dick sucked by the terminator, what could go wrong" stuff was dumb as fuck but at least enjoyable to watch

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Legit these Delos security are worse than the entire crew of Prometheus
tumblr_m5k8tjW40B1r54qfqo1_5001.jpg

PROMETHEUS%2BMEME%2Bbiologist.jpg

• 6Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 7 users

Haus

<Silver Donator>
One thing I find hard to believe....

That there's no redundant site for the Mesa, or at the minimum for the Cradle. Even if Ford wouldn't allow the data off island, they've obviously made enough money to have a backup data center tucked away somewhere on the Island...

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
You really have to suspend any realistic business operations for this show to make even some degree of sense. They would absolutely have redundant data storage on the site. But they don't for reasons! The security guy who had a suicide bomb on him and got seduced by the fucking terminator bot is so. So stupid. Defies all logic.

So let me get this straight with the current reveal. The robit revolution was engineered by Ford to accomplish two things. Destroy the backups of the hosts, Ford's life's work basically. Second was to use the same robit revolution to destroy the Valley Beyond. Which based on Dolores' comment of, "all the souls there" and her desire to destroy it. Must be the decoded guests Ford talked about. And the real crown jewel of Westworld in terms of the Delos Corporation. Why this required some crazy encryption key to get to it. ??????

Destroying both will prevent the hosts from being reengineered as the cradle is destroyed and Delos will lose a lot of its advantage with the Valley Beyond also going on. Preserving Ford's vision of the Hosts from being perverted.... Or something.

Maeve and a few other awakened hosts will ride off into the sunset though. That's all I got.

• 1Like

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
Jesus, you need a T-square and a protractor when watching this show lately.....

Hopefully I will figure all of this out before next year.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
Ending was weird though, tall guy says "well bernard, looks like we are going back to the valley beyond". back? i thought i had the timelines straight but not so sure now

The place with all the drowned hosts at the beginning of the season is the valley beyond. This happened at the 'start' of the 'present' timeline

• 2Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Shower Thought:

The Valley Beyond is a simulation like the one Ford was in. Except it contains all the people they've been decoding and they use it to simulate rich and powerful people to predict what they will do with alarming accuracy. Then they can create Hosts to push into the real world and get those exact reactions out of them.

• 4Like

Ladro

Anomaly
Yeah the security guys are fucking stupid. Ruined the episode for me. Guy should have popped pretty girl in the back of the head and moved on. Timeline shit is still wonky and I gave up trying to figure out when is when.

I took from this episode that the only reason Bernard was able to be replicated is because he was manufactured not copied. Ford reconstructed his personality from memories and then achieved fidelity by taking years to tweak his responses and code to get to a perfect match based on Delores' memories. That would mean that Delores and Maeve are still just following a program and are not necessarily sentient.

Everyone else is just a copy and doomed to fail ala Delos Sr. The CR4-DL contained the backups of the hosts, the manufactured entities for the park. The valley must contain the copied scans of the humans that wanted to use them for immortality.

Not sure what happened to Ford, but it seems like he copied himself into Bernard?

• 2Like

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
This show sucks. Dolores story is useless drivel that I am beginning to suspect suffers from sjw bullshit. Everything about her has the feel of showing us a woman that can do all these strong and independent things instead of telling us an actual story.

• 3Like
  • 2EyeRoll
  • 2WTF
Reactions: 7 users

Hosix

All labs matter!
This show....first season was solid. But it’s like they went full retard. On top of that I am rooting for the robots to die. But for fucks sake the crack security team is sooooooooo bad.

I hope this is salvageable but I am thinking it’s not. Goodbye hot sex robots....

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I think this second season could have been much better by telling it mostly linearly and having the tension come from a race between the humans and hosts to control the park/their destiny, instead of all the convolution to make it seem mysterious.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users