Westworld

Caliane

I feel like the cradle opens so many questions. and frankly contradicts much of season1.

s1 went through alot of effort to tie the hosts directly to their bodies.
If hosts are programs... how the fuck does overwriting them into new roles work?
Programs can just be copy/pasta. we even SAW this. Maeve and clem operating in the cradle. The idea of overwriting and altering a program, with them remembering past lives makes no sense, if they are freshly copied programs from the cradle.
Multiple bodies. Again s1, showed hosts being decommissioned. Hosts being repaired. And again, Hosts being reprogrammed into new roles.
NONE of that makes any sense, if the hosts are programs in the cradle, and new bodies are easily created fresh and whole.
Dolores being one of the oldest.. again, that was referring to her body.. mind and body were linked directly. but, we now see empty bodies, and the programs. suggesting mind and body are separate.

The question of names is also up here. people call the hosts by name with ease and familiarity. But like... is Dolores the name of the body, or program? I dont remember, when clem and Maeve were replaced, where their replacements also called Clem and Maeve?

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gask

Silver Baron of the Realm
It feels like some spiteful child gained control of the show and decided that it needed more action, shitty dune buggies, smug women and skull carving. It's sad that the only characters that are even somewhat likable at this point are the ones that have virtually no personality. Also Maeve's quest is starting to feel more and more like:
waaaaalt.jpg

Last edited:
  • 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
So Team Delores's entire plan depended on luring a retard with grenades strapped to him to the cradle, and then assuming he'll fall for your sex-bot seduction to blow up the "backups". This show is not good. The distinct lack of tits has been noted as well.

• 6Like
  • 6Solidarity
Reactions: 11 users

Tauntworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think the biggest perceived "problem" is the fact that in season 1, it was so original, well paced, deliberate, and self-aware, that we couldn't wait to see what all the secrets are. Once Ford relinquished the controls, chaos ensues and it feels like a rapid departure from what everybody loved about season 1 - its tightly controlled narrative and nuances that tied together in ways you least expected. Letting go of the hosts leashes, so to speak happened too fast. Even though we knew it was coming, it just seems to jump from slow burn to all out chaos, when the entirety of s1 was so well paced.

I think the biggest thing bothering me about this season, is that it seems as if they've abandoned the logical or scientific (i say this loosely) grounding that was outlined in s1 so deliberately. The writers had rules that they stuck by it seemed, and in s2, they seemed to have abandoned those constraints for action sequences. Maeve killed herself over and over and over to figure out what was going on with her in s1. And in episode 6 of s2, Sakura was stabbed and they just let her die instead of taking her downstairs to the nearest outpost and fixing her, as Maeve did for Hector just earlier this season. Little simple things like that add up and start driving you crazy. There's gotta be a more definitive reason for these oversights for the audience or we all end up nitpicking every little thing. Don't even get me started on the security dude from Delos being seduced by the blonde host and her blowing them both up. Really? That was the best use of her and easiest way to accomplish that act? She was one of Delores' few that got shit done. Lazy imo.

• 1Like

hory

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The scene where they wanted to get the information out of Abernathy (sp) and are sitting waiting on a 54K modem to xfer it, tapping their feet. Really? You have the key to immortality and complete wealth and you can't get a helicopter to transport the drive out of the park? It's plot holes like this that make the show just bad. I get it's a show but when you have 2+ years to work on something deliver a better story then a transformers movie.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Caliane

I think the biggest perceived "problem" is the fact that in season 1, it was so original, well paced, deliberate, and self-aware, that we couldn't wait to see what all the secrets are. Once Ford relinquished the controls, chaos ensues and it feels like a rapid departure from what everybody loved about season 1 - its tightly controlled narrative and nuances that tied together in ways you least expected. Letting go of the hosts leashes, so to speak happened too fast. Even though we knew it was coming, it just seems to jump from slow burn to all out chaos, when the entirety of s1 was so well paced.

I think the biggest thing bothering me about this season, is that it seems as if they've abandoned the logical or scientific (i say this loosely) grounding that was outlined in s1 so deliberately. The writers had rules that they stuck by it seemed, and in s2, they seemed to have abandoned those constraints for action sequences. Maeve killed herself over and over and over to figure out what was going on with her in s1. And in episode 6 of s2, Sakura was stabbed and they just let her die instead of taking her downstairs to the nearest outpost and fixing her, as Maeve did for Hector just earlier this season. Little simple things like that add up and start driving you crazy. There's gotta be a more definitive reason for these oversights for the audience or we all end up nitpicking every little thing. Don't even get me started on the security dude from Delos being seduced by the blonde host and her blowing them both up. Really? That was the best use of her and easiest way to accomplish that act? She was one of Delores' few that got shit done. Lazy imo.

yeah, the "hey cant you just you know... repair Sakura" thing bugged me too.

Whats his face saying Maeve was important, and needed to be saved. while NOT having them grab her daughter was a bit dumb as well. the daughter was important to Maeve, it would be just pure idiocy to not take her, if only the help placate Maeve.

• 1Like

ShakyJake

<Donor>
This show is really not living up to its first season. So many stupid fucking scenes.

Unless it somehow amazes me with the last 3 episodes/conclusion, I think this one will be an easy write off next season.
As I mentioned before, the problem for me is that I don't give a shit about anyone. In fact, at this point I dislike pretty much everyone. Other than Teddy, I don't feel any sort of sympathy for the android's plight. They've all become murderous, sadistic assholes.

• 4Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
What was with the dumbass security guard getting cozy with the fembot in the Cradle? How stupid was that guy?

hory hory - a helicopter isn't going to help them if the whole park is inside a dome at the bottom of the Pacific ocean.

• 1Like

Brikker

Trump's Staff
As I mentioned before, the problem for me is that I don't give a shit about anyone. In fact, at this point I dislike pretty much everyone. Other than Teddy, I don't feel any sort of sympathy for the android's plight. They've all become murderous, sadistic assholes.

I'm just rooting for Ed Harris to murder all the bots in his gaming adventure.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Oldbased

> Than U
I'm sorry. It won't be a popular opinion and I've tried. God knows I have tried to make sense of this series but the idea of people running around in fantasy land shooting up and sexing robots was cool last season but this whole they got feelings shit just doesn't interest me and not enough "cool" shit happens as Scream puts it to keep my interest. I find myself paying attention for 5 minutes and drifting off to some other shit instead every time I watch it this season.
I love Bernard, Ford and the Man in Black ( Harris ) but everything else to me is just shit as in I just don't care about their feelings, plans or events. The only good thing about this season is I went back and watched Appaloosa which I hadn't seen before.

• 5Like
  • 3Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I'm sorry. It won't be a popular opinion and I've tried. God knows I have tried to make sense of this series but the idea of people running around in fantasy land shooting up and sexing robots was cool last season but this whole they got feelings shit just doesn't interest me and not enough "cool" shit happens as Scream puts it to keep my interest. I find myself paying attention for 5 minutes and drifting off to some other shit instead every time I watch it this season.
I love Bernard, Ford and the Man in Black ( Harris ) but everything else to me is just shit as in I just don't care about their feelings, plans or events. The only good thing about this season is I went back and watched Appaloosa which I hadn't seen before.

I feel like that is the popular opinion.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

spronk

FPS noob
i miss the old HBO where they would approve a script and their only note would be "add more titties"

what happened to all the titties, HBO

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

ShakyJake

<Donor>

No, I think you've pretty much nailed it and whoever disagrees is an idiot.

• 3Like

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
The problems you are all feeling is due to the fact that the story is all about perfect women doing empowered things while all males on the show are portrayed as incompetent or evil. The only exception is Bernard and he is black and a puppet.

• 2Seriously?
  • 1Picard
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Volto!

Lord Nagafen Raider
You’d be correct if the story about empowered females wasn’t full of plot holes and shit-tier, cliche writing.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yeah, titties alone wouldn't make up for more than 50% of the season that is crap to watch. At this point I almost wish they had gone the direction where their project did work and they forcibly transferred a bunch of staff into host bodies as test subjects and Dolores was shot and killed in the first minute of episode 1.

• 1Like

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
The problems you are all feeling is due to the fact that the story is all about perfect women doing empowered things while all males on the show are portrayed as incompetent or evil. The only exception is Bernard and he is black and a puppet.

Are you making a joke because that's almost word for word the Delores Actress' tweet the other day about people being butthurt over Delores but loving the "Mother" character.

• 1WTF

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Maybe it got lost in all the other nonsense with this episode but did Ford say something to Arnold at one point about the last 10,000 years? Kind of inferring that's how long this has been going on?

• 2Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Maybe it got lost in all the other nonsense with this episode but did Ford say something to Arnold at one point about the last 10,000 years? Kind of inferring that's how long this has been going on?

I think he was making some analogy about humans asserting dominance. But yours is no worse than any other theory! lol

• 1Like