Westworld

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Dolores is off the rails horrible this season, her lines are so so so bad.

How the hell is Ed Harris even alive now anyway? Dude got shot like 5 times? He would have bled out before anyone was able to help him. He just has massive plot armor. His daughter was at least a little interesting for one episode?

Tease the samurai world for so long then boom we're done with it.

This season is a weird mix of dropping plot bombs because they are afraid people will solve things to fast and shitty writing.

I agree with you except Ed Harris.

He did have one of those wound-fixer-devices a few episodes back. Maybe he kept one in his pocket. Easy enough to zap his wounds and stop the bleeding.

Which is stupid but it's shit we've seen in the show before.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
92f275b067949991288914c1488538c6.png

silenceofthelambs.jpg

• 5Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Crazy indian dude may be a step up from Dolores but this needs to go somewhere

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Really liked that episode. He is the first host I’ve genuinely felt for and want to win.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Thought it was a pretty compelling episode. No time convolution reveals how good the show can still be.

Preview for next one looks good since it's heavy on MiB.

• 1Like

Hosix

All labs matter!
Really liked that episode. He is the first host I’ve genuinely felt for and want to win.

Ya I agree with this. This episode was legit. I loved the version of Heart Shaped Box that played when he was walking up to his woman when she was in storage.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Might have been the best episode of the series as while it did move around in the time lines it was linear and a single story but done really fucking well. At the end with it being clear he was talking to Maeve the whole time it just fucking hits you. Really well done.

• 7Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 8 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
The Indian had an extremely good story arc. God damn. No time jump shenanigans that didn't make sense. Clear and awesome.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Who knew last of the mohegans would have the best "woke" episode, at first i was like, awww nah then Zahn McClarnon (Akecheta) was able to draw me in, heart shaped box and he finished world 8-4 and found his princess, then he finds that sons braid, that mommas cry felt real.

Best episode so far, and no Dolores to boot.

• 4Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 5 users

spronk

FPS noob
The actor was in season 3 of Fargo and absolutely fantastic as well. Yeah, probably best episode for me as well. Its so fucking frustrating that some minor tweaks could have made this season BADASS as FUCK, if they had just jettisoned all that Samurai World bullshit, integrated Akechate and his tribe's story into the entire season with the big reveal of Ford meeting him and getting the maze revelation around this episode time wise, and maybe tying together his, William, Maeve, "The Destroyer" (Dolores) story a bit more together, and saving Samurai World for a post finale 30 second epilogue tease for season 3.

Instead we've wandered around in bullshit land for most of this season and when we finally get an extremely compelling arc and character its wrapped up in 1 episode and is short changed time wise.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It was also pretty fantastic that the first instance of a host waking up is a complete accident and not due to direct influence of Arnold or Ford. I also hope they use him as the true hero to Delois’ villain.

• 3Like
  • 3Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
It was also pretty fantastic that the first instance of a host waking up is a complete accident and not due to direct influence of Arnold or Ford. I also hope they use him as the true hero to Delois’ villain.

That actually wouldn't be correct as Dolores awakening is what leads Arnold to make his choice. It would be the first instance where they did it on their own without Arnold guiding them to it though Akecheta again references the voice he heard. Based on what Ford told him we can hope he is the actual hero though, he's certainly a better character so far than Dolores.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Serious, whomever is tasked w/ writing "Dolores POV" should just scalp themselves.

• 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That actually wouldn't be correct as Dolores awakening is what leads Arnold to make his choice. It would be the first instance where they did it on their own without Arnold guiding them to it though Akecheta again references the voice he heard. Based on what Ford told him we can hope he is the actual hero though, he's certainly a better character so far than Dolores.

I thought she never fully woke up and then Arnold forced her to kill him.

• 1Like

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
I thought she never fully woke up and then Arnold forced her to kill him.

There's an interesting discussion on Reddit that Dolores did never fully awaken but at least so far in the show that wasn't how it was presented. She was forced to kill Arnold though, that is correct.

• 1Like

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>

That's what makes me love all the characters BUT Delores basically, LOL. All of the other characters that found their inner voice without much intended help from Arnold or Ford are basically functioning adults attempting to relieve their horror show existence. The perception that Ford wanted to give ONLY Delores sentience and his mixed reaction to others becoming sentient is a bit regretful. Especially his treatment of Bernard, just seems shitty, but maybe that will be a later reveal.

Delores has basically been spoonfed her "release" and even then she can't see past her own reach in terms of effect. Her character, as it stands now, has the mentality of a child. There was a glimmer of regret when Teddy just fucking brains the one dude on the train station platform, that gave me pause in the sense that MAYBE her character is having emotions beyond rage. Hopefully they expand on her emotional range, as a character, because the idea of an insane robot isn't all that new.

• 2Like

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
There's an interesting discussion on Reddit that Dolores did never fully awaken but at least so far in the show that wasn't how it was presented. She was forced to kill Arnold though, that is correct.

At the point of Arnolds death, she wasn't awake.

She becomes awake shortly before the shareholders meeting where shit hits the fan. She hears a voice around the time of Arnold dying but it is Arnolds voice and not her own and she can't distinguish it til much later in the season / story.

• 1Like