Westworld

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I get what you mean about another main PoV character, but I've been wondering about the Ghost Nation since their first appearance.
ACTUALLY

Ghost Nation and Indians have been slipped in a bunch in S1

remember the indian girl and doll, how it drags ppl away
dd5ed140572cfae10128663a64b690fd.png

then it jogs Maeves memory even more and she finds her own drawings
5e30327670304a0d530367af9c75077c.png

Then she shows it to Hector and he's like oh yea, fucking demons!!!

remember Hector is one of the few white ppl that talk to Indians, he respects them, and he won't even kill em, before they went to Samurai World, they were surrounded by Ghost Nation and Hector is like, "GO" and he just yells at em and shoots at the ground.

Remember these are white ppl trying to code and create Indians from scratch, so maybe the reason why a guy like Akecheta exists, in his quest to code and create the perfect indian...

"Life finds a way"

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
Remember these are white ppl trying to code and create Indians from scratch, so maybe the reason why a guy like Akecheta exists, in his quest to code and create the perfect indian...
"Life finds a way"

• 1Worf
  • 1EyeRoll

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Piano version of "Heart Shaped Box" in the latest episode was good. It's when the ghost nation guy was down getting the update.

Also, I received a new email. Here you go. Again, all pictures are links.

Venture to the Outer Edges of the Park

WDDu3byWKGIf0zBB7in1yv4IZjhpdbUXpwvSeitGszIetLXZwRqrG6Al-AnPh6nPuL01RTSalrjv8EtZJwLP73-oALa6hxWRDQuqfvXwYzgqcgOWkbATckh3YUuG39wF91eyUhZ4Qp6Voerlg8Fp4mjEHvxMe7fi7c5OfUOapnuIdHAFPg=s0-d-e1-ft

Dear valued client,

In this world, it’s easy to misunderstand intentions. One of the park’s richest narratives, Ghost Nation is the heartbeat of all that is unknown in Westworld. This is the true connoisseur’s chance to learn the history of the mysterious tribe, and ride among them as they seek to uncover the park’s greatest secrets. While figuring out how it works is half the fun, we’ve put together some exclusive resources to help you navigate your journey to the outskirts. These narratives are meant for you.

Best Regards,
Aeden
Guest Services Host

Get a glimpse at rich narratives of an area of the park seen by a lucky few.

The outskirts of the park are vast and it can be easy to lose your way; allow a visualization to illuminate.

Take a peek behind the curtain and learn how our hosts help keep everything in line through the mesh network.

Our employees work tirelessly to create hundreds of concurrent narratives. Read more about them below.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
This week's episode wasn't too bad. I really liked the characters and the story. Dropping Delores' storyline for an episode did the show some good.

• 2Like

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Finally got around to watching and Brando really nailed it for me. Episode actually had an emotional impact. Phenomenal story telling, and really, my only qualms with the episode is that the other episodes dragged this one down. Like, I was midway through the episode thinking, "This is really good, but Ake being the first sentient host for possibly decades (at least 9 years) and it just went below the radar for so long?" As a standalone episode it really knocked it out of the park.

Might have been the best episode of the series as while it did move around in the time lines it was linear and a single story but done really fucking well. At the end with it being clear he was talking to Maeve the whole time it just fucking hits you. Really well done.
And yeah, I noticed a few lines when he was talking to Maeve's daughter that felt off. It wasn't until the super quick cuts between him and Maeve at the end where I realized the entire story was for her benefit and the little girl isn't woke. Which really kind of tied the whole thing together nicely.

I still wish the show would get on with it, but more of this type of episode will keep me watching. Hoping Ake becomes a permanent fixture on the show.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Oh yeah, also, it seems like "The Valley Beyond" is actually the Trona Pinnacles. I almost went to an opening casting call for it, but because I heard about it late decided not to bother.

Kind of extra disappointed because now it seems like the season will culminate there.

• 1Like

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
He's listed on IMDB as an executive producer for 17 of the episodes. And this entire season has JJ Abrams written all over it for anyone paying attention to the difference in story and intrigue compared to season 1.

It's what he has done with everything he's ever worked on. Start telling a story that is mysterious and fascinating and then just abandon the main plot points set forth in earlier episodes in favor of... nonsensical garbage.

I don't think you realize how easy it is to get an executive producer credit, Nolan and Joy are the showrunners

• 1Dislike

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Since you obviously are an insider maybe you can explain it to us? How do they keep JJ from sending notes as every fucking network executive and EP has done since the dawn of film? Thanks in advance. I’m curious to hear more.

As numerous people have already pointed out it has Duck syndrome up the ass. It’s JJs new Island.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Oh you're right Ossoi. Why don't you walk us through how easy it is to get an executive producer credit for 17 episodes of an HBO television show.

EDIT: Jait beat me to it.

• 1Like

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Isn't that somewhat well known in the industry? It's a way to attach a name to something so more people might watch it even though that person might have zero involvement.

• 1Like

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Nolan and Joy are the showrunners. Maybe JJ does send them notes, who fucking cares. Production for S1 has to be shut down for a while as the show was a fucking mess. They were able to fix it though. Guess we shouldn’t have been surprised s2 was a mess especially as they weren’t going to shut it down and figure it out with GoT so far off and True Detective in the shitter.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
"In case of multiple executive producers on a TV show, the one outranking the others is called the showrunner,[6] or the leading executive producer"

The show runner is the one in creative control and has overall responsibility for the plot.

There are six other executive producers on west world including Abrams, Nolan and Joy.

Nolan and Joy are frequently cited as the creators.

Abrams was also credited as EP on Last Jedi, you gonna give him full credit for the plot of that too

Maybe Screamfeeder Screamfeeder can clarify, I'm of the opinion EP credits are given out fairly freely and are not dependent on being involved in plot/story decisions

Look at how Gabriel Macht and Patrick Adams got EP credits after Suits took off, it's probably a way of giving them a pay rise in exchange for committing to further seasons

• 1Like

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Or look at all the EP credits Jerry Bruckheimer received after he got famous.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
The last page or two of this thread is testament of this season sucking cock. Story is so bad people rather argue about the screen credits.

Last edited:
  • 2Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Westworld hired the Last Jedi writers for season 2.

• 2Worf

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
There's bad and then there's Last Jedi bad. If they had randomly swapped Finn's arc with the Ghost Nation that would actually have been an improvement...

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Dolores continues to be everything she hates. Man in Black ruining his own life or a host.

• 1Like

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So Ford guided Dolores on her path which led to the whole death incident plus Teddy, he is responsible for Maeve + company murder spree while trying to escape the park (although she noped on that), indirectly is responsible for William's wife finally deciding to off herself, messed with William's mind so much (when he knew his profile) that he started killing everyone, and most recently fubared Bernard and tried to finish off Elsie.

Anthony Hopkins is a total dick and everything can be laid at his feet.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like