Westworld

spronk

FPS noob
Westworld is going to take another 2 year period, they are writing between now and June 2019 when production is going to begin, assuming a typical 6-9 month/CGI film cycle that means Westworld season 3 will air early/mid 2020.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I dont like the 2 year cycle but I hope it raises the level of the show.

• 1Like

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Enjoyed this week's episode.

Still 100% feel like Ghost Nation week was a waste. With 10 hours per season, they spent an entire hour saying, doing, and showing nothing.

Also +1 to binging and not watching weekly. If we're waiting for 2 years anyway, what's 2 months to enjoy the thing.

• 1Like
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Well only one episode left. I liked this episode, the setups going in to it are pretty abysmal and silly but I like the mindfuck MiB must be going through, the nice contrast between him not killing himself and embracing his Dark Side(tm) and maybe getting sith powers soon vs Teddy deciding even Dolores pussy ain't worth this life anymore -- remember kids, no matter how hot a chick may be, some man out there is sick of her shit -- and every scene where Hannibal Lecter just starts monologuing evilly to the camera, smirking as if to say "I'm getting paid $10m this year for 30 mins of acting, how are you guys doing?"

I'll definitely be watching season 3 at the end in a binge watch, not weekly anymore. This season would have felt a lot better if I binged it next week and all the nonsense garbage with Dolores and Maeve and AnimeWorld wouldn't have been so bad.

The "profile" stuff is definitely weird and lame and just nonsense, why the fuck would some rich wife freak out about seeing her husband rape and kill in a theme park in this future. OMG, he's got delusions and may be a bit paranoid, thats probably like 99% of the people she knows. should been a cooler easter egg

"William never picked up cans that fell on the ground for me!" -- I think I saw that on airplane

YxcetvM.jpg
maybe...

she got pissed that all the rape was centered on one particular robit!!!

in the flashbacks it (younge) it showed her uneasy around piano dolores,

she didn't kill herself cuz she found out he was a psycho, naw she knew that for a long time, she killed herself cuz that profile proved he loved robit more than her

• 1Like

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Westworld is going to take another 2 year period, they are writing between now and June 2019 when production is going to begin, assuming a typical 6-9 month/CGI film cycle that means Westworld season 3 will air early/mid 2020.

Westworld took about 14 months between season 1 and 2. You've somehow managed to confuse this with GoT.

• 1Like

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
maybe...

she got pissed that all the rape was centered on one particular robit!!!

in the flashbacks it (younge) it showed her uneasy around piano dolores,

she didn't kill herself cuz she found out he was a psycho, naw she knew that for a long time, she killed herself cuz that profile proved he loved robit more than her

Also, she probably recognized the bot from some of the parties it was performing at.

• 1Like

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I'm generally really forgiving when it comes to TV and movies. I like almost everything at least to the point where I can enjoy watching it. Even for me, this season has been a slog.

At this point I just want a traditional western with Anthony Hopkins and Ed Harris.

• 6Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 7 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I'm generally really forgiving when it comes to TV and movies. I like almost everything at least to the point where I can enjoy watching it. Even for me, this season has been a slog.

At this point I just want a traditional western with Anthony Hopkins and Ed Harris.
just fast forward through all the poorly written Dolores parts, it's really enjoyable!

• 2Like

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Enjoyed this week's episode.

Still 100% feel like Ghost Nation week was a waste. With 10 hours per season, they spent an entire hour saying, doing, and showing nothing.

Also +1 to binging and not watching weekly. If we're waiting for 2 years anyway, what's 2 months to enjoy the thing.
I thought the Ghost Nation episode was among the best, if not the best, of the series and wish it wasn't just contained within a single episode. There was quite a bit of retconning, but I'm trying to appreciate that they're course correcting.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Yeah the Ghost Nation episode was great. What do you mean it showed nothing? The maze wasn't meant for you, dawg.

• 2Like

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
It would be interesting to watch a linear (or mostly linear) cut of this season.

The hat thing was really dumb. They should have at least written the scene to indicate it wasn't just the hat, but everything they were wearing (somehow). It's weird how much detail the writers put on certain things and then something like this or the security idiots seems completely slapdash.

• 2Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
in case you guys missed it, the fathers day episode,

MiB obvious bad father for killing daughter
Bernard obvious bad father for abandonin Elsie
Teddy worst father of the year, yea Teddy? obviously 2 robots can't have sex, so him and Dolores probably made a robot hell spawn.
Ford dad of the year, Maeve + super admin?

• 2Like

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
in case you guys missed it, the fathers day episode,

MiB obvious bad father for killing daughter
Bernard obvious bad father for abandonin Elsie
Teddy worst father of the year, yea Teddy? obviously 2 robots can't have sex, so him and Dolores probably made a robot hell spawn.
Ford dad of the year, Maeve + super admin?
Men do suck. Its all about womin power.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
I thought the Ghost Nation episode was among the best, if not the best, of the series and wish it wasn't just contained within a single episode. There was quite a bit of retconning, but I'm trying to appreciate that they're course correcting.
Yeah the Ghost Nation episode was great. What do you mean it showed nothing? The maze wasn't meant for you, dawg.

I assume you both mean "best of season 2", because season 1 blows season 2 away.

Ghost nation was an interesting episode because it showed lots of connections that the audience was looking for, not just random ass killings with near 0 plot and lots of "WAAAAAALT!!" as Bernard stumbles around looking for a reason for his existence.

Ghost nation compared to season 1 doesn't even compare. Season 1 wasn't just random ass things, it was goals of individual characters with teasers thrown in each episode during the entire season.

Season 2 SHOULD have been expanded into about 20 episodes, 5 MINIMUM per sub-season:

Season 2.1 -- Delores kills people and corrupts.
Season 2.2 -- The Madam searches for her child.
Season 2.3 -- The man in black survives and goes mad.

You could tie it all together with an overarching sub-plot within each sub-season that, even though they are all doing their own thing, they are all being pulled towards this place they can't describe by the ghost nation. The last 5 episodes would basically be a culmination of sub-season reveals that were littered across the sub-season with the last 2 episodes being the confrontation and deeper reveal.

Why a longer season? Because the show isn't in it's premier season anymore. People want deeper exploration into the world combined with the things that made season 1 a success, mystery, sex, and violence.

• 2Like
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 2 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I don't think time would have made the events of this season more interesting. The character and plot development don't feel rushed. They feel idiotic.

• 6Like
  • 3Solidarity
Reactions: 8 users

Jait

Molten Core Raider
I don't think time would have made the events of this season more interesting. The character and plot development don't feel rushed. They feel idiotic.

Couldn’t agree more.

What would have fixed it for me is honesty. Hey, were using Crichtons work as a launchpoint for an entirely different story.

That’s fine. But I’ve spent entire episodes wondering what the fuck this has to do with season 1. Man in Black is a guy with a hang up over his lost love searching for the maze. Now he’s a potential immortal who thinks he’s a machine.

That’s not this character. Fucks sake they’d have been better off using the show as a new Fantasy Island with new guests each week than this bullshit that only enraptures people who use their own imagination to fill in gaping holes.

Last edited:
  • 4Like
Reactions: 3 users