Westworld

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
I don't think time would have made the events of this season more interesting. The character and plot development don't feel rushed. They feel idiotic.

I feel like they are using time as an excuse. They have 3 major plots in the air, possibly more.

Them keeping their characters skin deep and stupid feels more of a symptom from blaming time restrictions.

So instead of making the characters have depth and having fewer major plot lines they are basically shotgunning the plot. Small bits of plot, but a ton of them from the same shot.

The result is shallow characters and meaningless dialogue.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
So Ford guided Dolores on her path which led to the whole death incident plus Teddy, he is responsible for Maeve + company murder spree while trying to escape the park (although she noped on that), indirectly is responsible for William's wife finally deciding to off herself, messed with William's mind so much (when he knew his profile) that he started killing everyone, and most recently fubared Bernard and tried to finish off Elsie.

Anthony Hopkins is a total dick and everything can be laid at his feet.
Love, it is what separates the humans from the hosts, just like last of the Mohicans, hes human because he loves. Bet the show will be fucking stupid like that

MiB had to kill his daughter as that is the only way he could acquire the soulstone

• 6Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 7 users

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
What if William was lying about the hat? I wouldn't put it past him as a he doesn't trust his daughter one bit.

• 1Like

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
What if William was lying about the hat? I wouldn't put it past him as a he doesn't trust his daughter one bit.

Yeah, but he assumed that it wasn't his daughter, it was Ford.

this is why I am pushing the "season needed to have more episodes" idea...in that brief series, William basically flipped like 3 times on if he trusted his daughter. It needed to be expanded with more reasons why he should care who it actually was in the skin. Ultimately the flips weren't really needed because:

A. It's his fucking daughter for realsies...
B. It's Ford and Ford already knows all the shit going on anyhow...

Either way it was a pointless exchange.

• 1Like

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Yeah, but he assumed that it wasn't his daughter, it was Ford.

this is why I am pushing the "season needed to have more episodes" idea...in that brief series, William basically flipped like 3 times on if he trusted his daughter. It needed to be expanded with more reasons why he should care who it actually was in the skin. Ultimately the flips weren't really needed because:

A. It's his fucking daughter for realsies...
B. It's Ford and Ford already knows all the shit going on anyhow...

Either way it was a pointless exchange.

There’s a million different ways he could figure out it’s his daughter other than shooting her. Fucks sake even if you could clone a personality, it wouldn’t have intimate details unless that person told someone. So I guess his daughter is a raving gossip? Who wanted to be a part of an inner circle of immortality? I guess. I ...fuck it.

They knew how many episodes they would have. They had a bad story pushed on them by *someone* and tried to make it work without understanding it or they entirely misinterpretated it. My real problem is that Crichton’s work gets continually shitted upon but his one common theme was: Humanity is the enemy. Not the robots. Not the aliens. Not the virus. Not the dinosaurs. Humans.

This show utterly failed in its second season in that regard.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
There’s a million different ways he could figure out it’s his daughter other than shooting her. Fucks sake even if you could clone a personality, it wouldn’t have intimate details unless that person told someone. So I guess his daughter is a raving gossip? Who wanted to be a part of an inner circle of immortality? I guess. I ...fuck it.

I think we're still waiting on this to come full circle.

Part of what I read into it was seeing how he was so absorbed into his feud with Ford that he couldn't conceive of these things. Or even if he could, how might be be assured they don't have 100% memory scans that Ford was using to manipulate him? William was so absorbed into his own theory and damn sure he was right that he wasn't capable of asking if he might be wrong.

Even as his own daughter reached out to him, as she tried to salvage their relationship, as she saved his life, William was lost in the game of his own creation.

• 1Like

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
So what the fuck is going on now?

Bruce Willis IS a ghost the whole time?

The fat chick from Titanic COULD let Leo on the raft?

I am lost as a MOFO in this season....

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
the show is about old men getting their dick wet

nvixklH.gif

• 10Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 11 users

Gask

Silver Baron of the Realm
Them delving into the backstory of William's wife was completely pointless as we already knew enough about the man and what he's done to draw our own conclusions, in fact it was better not having it all spelled out. Regardless of this they apparently decided that there was a burning need to retread the drunken, suicidal 1960's housewife cliche and to blame it all on William's emotional distance of all things. Now if they'd instead had William's park persona bleed into his home life resulting in all sorts of episodes of malevolent control and abuse I might have been convinced but as it stands I couldn't bring myself to care. Show wise she was a nonentity who could've grabbed a pool boy and gone off on a world tour or something and I doubt that William, as he's been portrayed, would have cared or interfered.

So the writers using 'he's good to most people but Hitler to androids!' as the final straw on the road to her suicide was just laughable. Also eye roll at Emily's "death", I wouldn't believe it unless he'd head shot her but I did enjoy that moment which I doubt the writers intended.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
Elsie and Bernard showed up after and she was still pretty dead. Think I even saw her body there. Elsie being left there surely could be a plot device to pull the "she's alive, but barely" bullshit when a team comes for her.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I got another email. I'm behind on watching this episode, so I'm finally reading it now. As before, click on every picture for a link.

STATUS UPDATE
Attn: Senior Delos Management

The solution to the host resistance may lay within the hosts themselves. Thanks to Charlotte Hale’s leadership, techs in the Mesa found valuable intellectual property that could bring us one step closer to restoring order in Westworld. To assist in this new action plan, please follow the procedures below to ensure the best possible outcome.

Get an exclusive look at this host’s advanced code with revolutionary implications.

Research Group employees, please check in on and secure all restricted lab spaces to avoid any future data loss. The project is our top priority.

The system may be offline, but recent developments have allowed us access to take advantage of the host mesh network .

Follow these protocols from Narrative to prevent the new code from fully corrupting disrupting host data.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
There's also an Alexa email that Westworld sent me.

---------

Alexa Brings Westworld to You

QZHyZ-gbvJ6ps2_Y_I5SfqcOIMca1H4yU9hZEIkbt7J3J0xx59TPveiz0RoMIzDfiJbVZfap654Hfjyx39MY7HILgkXfhhfFvJDC2V9ySZ_AzpEv0GaNiW790jWnKDwRiQYjO-D5bhBwFnLolltxdK9DDR6RCN2455OiamX9nKclS92_qiuk6j--HJ4jjoR7=s0-d-e1-ft

Dear Westworld Guest,We are inviting our most valued park players to enter a new level of the park with “Westworld: The Maze” voice experience. Escape your reality and have a drink in the Mariposa, break out of Los Diablos, or brave the streets of Pariah — all from the comfort of your home. With 60 different paths to navigate, there is plenty to satiate your appetite until your next visit.

Just tell Alexa to “Open Westworld.” She’s no greenhorn, she’ll show you the ropes. This game is meant for you.

[URL='http://ablink.mail.delosdestinations.com/wf/click?upn=0rLGrbHtaxcXsupNmP2ydzjUkdZFnl6CEmKiDvYExyAAOsN1Y8gN5AicBVdMXi9qSnV1EMIhOIgDUsn-2BcWJkKqh8Y0RzeYWYTedhLbqqZhM-3D_PnwbQKyBfbTAqqCGftUOCUSY0y47MgEUmWWrVKYXtF2zn1q13dsmZY0LHyMSCV-2FHFRHbhjBa1kcCWoGqCUvbBg5TLZItVn40Z4S3QaeIosOmlJrAfdxipmpxJeN0LPtsouHRUYYGOHtSxl2GdOdqYJsxv-2FyegUi-2BCkdHnrGDmwS28yrWdxrwLYgik-2BvR1YHd706FcGC-2BnOEQJtQ9ZacWg-2BjaZkd39gKQ8WsWuZPEy3v44vZEl-2F5Ko81jAS-2Fq8adWhzQqUrjnIv5bAVmgH4J7WBTDjgyHOE9NIPkg8AX81u98IAptDdx-2F5xa8wxnE4-2BWndSLcDz6aKPJqsN54e3JJ2lX0b7s72RuWhYrRxm5GbXy0OdwQ9sA0ac2ultjAe9S3S-2FmCLnozxv-2FQu0XBMtgCAPtg4adrfFCcAHImRgkHE0cqb87Z7OL5kIKkzZQb-2B9vn']ENTER THE MAZE[/url]

Best regards,

Aeden
Guest Services Host

• 1Like

hory

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I think the above explanation video is produced by HBO to save face...…....

• 1Worf