Westworld

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Brodhi

I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.
<Donor>
Delores and her band of woke revolutionaries fighting evil corporate fascists and Nazis. It's all so tiresome. Maybe if they go full blown she is bad and Bernard and friends need to stop her, it could be redeemed...but I doubt it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Zaara

I'm With HER ♀
Who gives a fuck about the robot uprising subplot. It's not what made Westworld interesting. Good thing they were honest with the trailer, though. Can look forward to lots of Valkyrie and Delores walking through CGI set-pieces and staring off camera with a look of plot-driven determination in their eyes.

So fucking boring.

• 5Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 6 users

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Won't bother unless y'all say it's good. Season 2 is so horrifically bad.

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Cybsled

2058 or so is when the show takes place it seems. Alternate timeline appears to involve Trump actually getting impeached in 2019, but then another president is killed 4 years later or so, terrorists nuke Paris, and Russia falls into civil war (Putin would have been in his 80s on this timeline, so maybe a factional battle after he died/became unable to lead/etc...like a magnified version of what happened post-Stalin).

I want more alternate timeline lore!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>

2058 or so is when the show takes place it seems. Alternate timeline appears to involve Trump actually getting impeached in 2019, but then another president is killed 4 years later or so, terrorists nuke Paris, and Russia falls into civil war (Putin would have been in his 80s on this timeline, so maybe a factional battle after he died/became unable to lead/etc...like a magnified version of what happened post-Stalin).

I want more alternate timeline lore!
wtf would a president elect be doing in a third world buenos aires?

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
If they turn this show political you can count me out of it.

• 9Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 9 users

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
It is telling that their writers could not even make the show stay in the park for 3 seasons even with the gift that most of the first season was. They are shitty hacks that have taken yet another great idea and turned it into something bland a derivative. Thanks, but I already saw Bladerunner so the awakened AI sentience that revolts has already been done wonderfully.

• 9Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 9 users

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
The part that salts me is the whole vengeful AI thing...

Okay, even the matrix tackled this. AI is AI, the most efficient thing ever.

Even in their inhumane actions their are efficient and not cruel.

An AI would have a goal outside of just "Destroy all humans" because how does destroying all of one thing actually allow the AI to move to other things, if it's sole purpose is to "Destroy all Humans" then it isn't AI and is simply just a program running "DESTROY ALL HUMANS".

If they turn this show political you can count me out of it.

Bruh, it's been political since S2 E1 at least. All of season 2, while pretty, was pretty much a "Woke-off" from it's release.

The comical part for me was Delores being the "Virgin" character, the pure thing that you are supposed to hold sympathy for as she murders people. Where as I had sympathy for the bar matron, the indian and Teddy. People that were risking their lives to be good people and dying for their actions repeatedly. Delores on the other hand personified the "Angry White girl" trope where she was mad about her lot in life and just turns and attacks, blindly, everything that she thinks is a problem.

I find it ironic that the actor for delores thinks her character a feminist hero, "righting the wrongs" of the world, meanwhile her character is murdering families, children...

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Thinking about it, I genuinely remember almost nothing from season 2. It was just completely forgettable. Season one on the other hand I remember very fondly, particularly the first half dozen episodes

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Zero interest in this SJW trash other than shitting on it in this thread.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Zero interest in this SJW trash other than posting the ratings trend from S1, to S2, to S3 episode-by-episode.

• 4Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 5 users

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Can you imagine some of the story lines that COULD HAVE happened if they would have just continued season 2 in more of a sci-fi vein?
  1. Hunt down the bots that have become self-aware. This is hard because they can pretend to NOT be self-aware.
  2. What happens if a self-aware bot gets wiped? Or, what if some of those bots want the human rule?
  3. A prophet bot-spreading the self awareness message to the other parks (samurai, roman, etc.) and all the new plotlines that could take on.
  4. Fuck, just the hunt for Delores' dad with all that info in his head and them putting the human brain of the founder into a bot and him actually being able to live on again.
This is just off the top of my head and i've forgotten a ton about the show because of how bad season 2 was. They really messed up what started out as a couldn't miss show.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I am just looking forward to the Season 3 soundtrack, thanks Ramin Djawadi.

• 4Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
A1 Caprica references. Cybsled on point.

While a guilty pleasure for some, and a comfortable setting, I have a hard time seeing a Caprica storyline/Point-of-view being a good thing. But apparently from where Delores is now, that's where we are.

For what its worth, I would have probably run through a second season of Caprica as a sort of candy watch. Basic as it was, it was smooth. Season 2 of Westworld was borderline unwatchable and everyone here struggled to even get through it-- some making multiple attempts to do so.

I don't even think this shitpile is Caprica-tier. I could see people not even checking S3 of Westworld. I think S2 Caprica would have got a few more looks and finishes.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
It definitely will not get a single second of my time because there are no Westworld plot points that I care about anymore. We are not in the park, the bots are all sentient, there is no mystery about the man in black or either of the creators of the bots. So literally every storyline that drew me into the first season is done and we are now in the real world future. Why even call it Westworld at this point?