Westworld

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
What's with all of the lines being in some dramatic, hoarse, whisper? Mostly from Wood, but really all of em.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
What's with all of the lines being in some dramatic, hoarse, whisper? Mostly from Wood, but really all of em.

You ever read her tweets?

She's pretty self-absorbed.

I wouldn't doubt that she's leveraged the "Female Empowerment" pitch pretty hard.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Man I can see some stupid twist that there is a real world park for awakened robots or some shit.

• 2Worf

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah that's likely to turn out well. I know some athletes have turned into pretty decent actors, but I'll go on the record saying that Beastmode won't be one of them.

The only way to defeat the enemy when you are so close to victory is to RUN THE DANG BALL!

• 1Like

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Man I can see some stupid twist that there is a real world park for awakened robots or some shit.

I could see it. TNG did an episode where a hologram managed to achieve sentience and wanted out of the holodeck, so the crew just made a program to make the hologram think they actually escaped and it continued to exist within the hologram thinking it was reality.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
That was Star Trek where literally every other episode something goes wrong with the holodeck and/or transporters. This is supposed to be a theme park with investors and business moguls trying to make a profit off of AI fuckbots and killtoys. 2-3 seasons of "it was all a dream" is not going to fly.

• 2Like

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
The only way to defeat the enemy when you are so close to victory is to RUN THE DANG BALL!

They probably saw this video and thought "That guy is a movie star!".

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor

I said in here during the end of season 1 that this will all eventually be revealed as the origin story for hosts who occupy a "hardcore", perma-death style park where guests can actually be killed.
No one. This was done purely for the hosts--it was the only way to program them to make it absolutely believable so their consciousness would be kick started and they would react as hostile machines wary of humans. Everything will now be absolutely authentic for the guests. MIB was a beta tester. (Could even go further, we still don't know what the outside world is like--maybe humans are upgraded to host bodies a while ago, and are immortal, bored beings who really needed an immersive experience. So like gods they've been creating worlds to throw themselves into.)

But in general, I think pretty much this is a Hardcore server. For the hardcore crowd, based off the ONLY thing that could be truly authentic with real hosts--one where they know they are hosts and are hostile in the narrative due to that. (Because conscious hosts in any other narrative would discover their world isn't real. The beauty of this story is it the hosts can know about their world, and still deliver an experience.)

Would be hilarious if it was real.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
AUcF9qp.png

The link takes you here: If Data Is Destiny, Then You Chart the Path | Incite Inc.

spronk

FPS noob
season 3 returns tonight, as Jesse escapes Todd but runs into robots who want him to make meth

• 5Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
season 3 returns tonight, as Jesse escapes Todd but runs into robots who want him to make meth

they should start a petition to force HBO to release it as a season like netflix so we can get over with how shit it'll be, since like we're all quarantined anyway

• 1Like

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I'll be following y'all's reactions. I'm sitting out unless I hear good things.

• 6Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 7 users

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I kind of want to give this a chance, but I think I've completely blocked out Season 2. Going to have to watch a recap video or something to even remember WTF happened.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I kind of want to give this a chance, but I think I've completely blocked out Season 2. Going to have to watch a recap video or something to even remember WTF happened.

S2 is unwatchable. Don't bother. I'm wincing at a recap and its been over a year.

Everyone got a few episodes into S2 and said "holy shit, this is becoming a chore". That's the collective opinion. Most people stopped following it weekly, trying to pick up again 2-3 distances between episodes.

It was that hard to get through.

• 2Like

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
If the bar these days is better than Discovery, then it is possible this will be okay. But i don't expect a shift back into an 8 or 9 story. 6? 7 at best?

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
S2 is unwatchable. Don't bother. I'm wincing at a recap and its been over a year.

Everyone got a few episodes into S2 and said "holy shit, this is becoming a chore". That's the collective opinion. Most people stopped following it weekly, trying to pick up again 2-3 distances between episodes.

It was that hard to get through.
the ethnic episodes were the best, japan town(w/o the white and blacks mucking it up) and indian ajethta