Westworld

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
Yeah, I'm not sure where we are going with this....but nothing interesting.

I'll finish the series, but very disappointing for me.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Downloaded the first two on the off chance the season ended up being good (and HBO loves to nuke stuff). Think I may just say fuck it though. You all aren't selling me on it.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Fake Hale's story just isn't interesting enough, and the other half of the episode was setup for Caleb joining a side. The reasons weren't original it's the typical sci-fi computer system that determines humans' worth and wrote off people without a second thought. But as soon as you tell someone their future it (sometimes) motivates them to change it.

Mazim

Golden Knight of the Realm
That last 15 minutes of this episode was pretty epic. A lot more going on then robots talking about other robots.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Lol if hale is teddy then this show hit the fan
Of course it is, they telegraphed they shit out of it. People are claiming because of the conversation at the end that it can’t be but they are forgetting that he might be talking to the human Hale and not the robot inside.

• 1Like

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Idk would Teddy open up his legs like that or choke the child predator?

Episode 3 was more interesting than good. I'm willing to give them a pass for laying down the goundwork if they tie up these threads by the end of the season.

Based of Season 2, this will probably be a wasted hour and a completely skippable episode.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Idk would Teddy open up his legs like that or choke the child predator?

Episode 3 was more interesting than good. I'm willing to give them a pass for laying down the goundwork if they tie up these threads by the end of the season.

Based of Season 2, this will probably be a wasted hour and a completely skippable episode.
What are the other options?

We have man in black, Maeve, Teddy, or Bernard available. Unless we got a switcharoo on any of those.

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
How about backup Clementine? I'm liking this because it's about as close to Cyberpunk as we are going to get. Loving the music also which is adding a lot to the show.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
We started with Dolores and 5 orbs, Nightfox brought in Maeve, we had 1 orb used for Bernard who then recruited Stubbs. Dolores has so far used 2 more orbs used for Fake Hale and Fake Connells (both unknown hosts) and recruited human Caleb, plus potentially 2 unused orbs.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
yeah its gotta be Teddy, she says "you belong to me", "you're the one I've always loved", etc. No one else makes any sense other than her dad I guess but I don't think she took him out? Her only interactions in season 1 were man in black, teddy, dad, and bernard?

I'm enjoying the show so far, its like season 1 where its 1 good episode and one mediocre episode. I fully expect the show to go off the rails and turn into utter shit before the season finale, but I dig the cyberpunk vibes and the whole AI vs AI vs humans thing going on. I like the idea of a "benevolent AI" neutering mankind to shape our violence and self-destructive tendencies but as a result destroying what makes us unique, and the whole debate about whether people have a unique spark that creates genius but also creates monsters and you can't have one without the other. Hope its explored well.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
What are the other options?

We have man in black, Maeve, Teddy, or Bernard available. Unless we got a switcharoo on any of those.

That's the problem, isn't it. For all their world-building, we don't intimately know many characters. If we assume Bernard is in Bernard, and it isn't Hale inside of Hale, we don't know of many other options.

yeah its gotta be Teddy, she says "you belong to me", "you're the one I've always loved", etc. No one else makes any sense other than her dad I guess but I don't think she took him out? Her only interactions in season 1 were man in black, teddy, dad, and bernard?

This is the #1 scene that makes us think it must be Teddy, aside from the obvious of course it would be Teddy because she loves him.

The big counterpoint is: would she rely on Teddy to start an uprising? He's too soft for this mission. She's going to save him for the end and the two of them will live in peace & harmony.

Teddy isn't cut out to be Hale and be left alone in charge of Delos, Teddy wouldn't have relished in choking the pedophile, and Teddy's response to Hale's ex wouldn't have been to instantly open up his legs to console him. Oh and Teddy would be too obvious.

Whoever is in Hale's body is a ruthless bitch with a meek streak. Teddy only meets half this description.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Whoever is in Hale's body is a ruthless bitch with a meek streak. Teddy only meets half this description.
then it has to be my other theory, dolores was able to split her personality into two, dolores and wyatt and she implanted wyatt into hale, b/c her own crazier self is the only robot she can trust.

• 1Solidarity

spronk

FPS noob
oh damn i forgot all about wyatt, that makes a lot of sense. The other option is OG Bernard, like the original actual human, but that would be kinda weird

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Here is what I would have loved:

1) Robots run amok in Westworld Season 1: Happened.
2) Season 2: Bleeds over to other worlds. Shogun, Rome. Runs amok there.
3) Season 3: Robots escape into the real world - and a war breaks out. With all their perspective knowledge but only based on the world. Westworld: They come out with 6 shooters and can't understand why they aren't winning against modern forces. Same for Shogun and Rome. Hilarity ensues.
4) Season 4: Introduction of Modern World which was a prototype world and not yet launched to the public for guest services - found by what's left of these other worlds as they retreat.
5) Season 5: Full assimilation of modern world into the robots from all other worlds: War restarts.
6) Season 6: Human's get destroyed and at the end, Nukes go off in populated areas with the main leader of the robot force being called "Cyberdine". Fade to black. Series ends. (Showing a picture of Yul Brynner)

The end.

Instead, I swear the writing has turned into one huge troll fest about who can confuse the audience more and when the plot lines wrap, they are laughing saying, "Hold my beer wait for the next arc I'll really toss them out of bounds!"

Last edited:
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Izo

Tranny Chaser
oh damn i forgot all about wyatt, that makes a lot of sense. The other option is OG Bernard, like the original actual human, but that would be kinda weird
How about her dad? Or Clementine. No kissing kinda makes it a non-lover, no?

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Westworld had a lot of solid overall production during season 1, they kind of jumped the shark with season 2's writing and season 3 feels a lot like a conflicted semi-amateur webseries spinoff where some people are really trying to make it a good TV show but the writers are enforcing some political agenda and bad character development.

Some scenes are really beautiful and the production quality is really there but it's getting quite bland when they're filled with cliche characters we don't really care about.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users