Westworld

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
That was the same girl that kissed the hookerbot in the lab earlier in the episode, right? Maybe she was just hanging out at the brothel when shit went down.
yea, IMO, she was incognito and just do "field repair" since guests were still around.

When shit really hit the fan, like with milk psycho
C3tStGz.png

They have tech suits and future wardrobe and data pads and everything on.

They also said they have two guests inside, so they really had jump in.

Also they remote froze milk psycho, i assume with a device because they didn't say shit, he just froze.

Why didn't they remote freeze or say magic words to crazy whore to put her to sleep? Like ppl have said, maybe they're just "low level techs", they don't know the secret words cuz they've never dealt with a "live" host, they've just been working on hosts put to sleep, cuz you have whitey tech arguing w/ asian tech that he didn't put her to sleep and asian tech said he did.
C3tStGz.png
[/IMG]

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
In case anyone didn't pick up on it -- I'm pretty sure the brothel owner chick taught herself how to get out of sleep mode with her "count backwards from three" trick to get out of nightmares.

Seemed obvious to me but my girlfriend didn't pick up on it. Lots going on in this show, hard to put it all together in one viewing.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Just watched the first two episodes. I'm hooked. Thought it was amazing. Love Ed Harris' character and Anthony Hopkins'. For me, the true test of this show will be how all these mysteries are resolved and how they impact the overall story. If it's done well, this show could be a true classic. If it turns out like "Lost" it'll be a waste of time.

• 2Like

Terial

Trakanon Raider
so if the hosts can't hurt the visitors... i'm confused by this scenario.
When Ed Harris is in that small town killing (i forgot his name so we'll call him Pablo) Pablo's family. Pablo gets up and jumps on Ed Harris and attacks him trying to take him down. Not sure how he can do this if hosts can't hurt visitors. You can argue that he did not hurt him, but jumping on someones back and attacking them can hurt them. Also, if it's barked up to 'realism' in WW, then why in first episode when Ed Harris is at Dolores's house and gets shot a bunch of times (to no avail), why didn't that guy run up and try to take Ed Harris down.
I'm just confused on this whole, 'can't hurt visitors' not being totally consistent. (in these 2 scenes)

• 2Like

sneakyflute

Golden Squire
My theory is that he's terminally ill and wants to transfer his consciousness to a host. I also think William is the Man in Black and the scenes depicting his love affair with Dolores are just flashbacks that reveal the beginning of his obsession with the park.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I like that theory.

But plz JJ Abrams don't Lost this.

• 2Like

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I was thinking yesterday about Ed Harris' scene where he talked about why he liked Westworld better than real life. He said something like "Real life is chaos, but here, every detail adds up to something" or words to that affect. I took that as a message to the viewers that this show isn't going to be like Lost.

• 2Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I'll hold my tongue from further theories for the rest of the week. But I remain worried by this whole maze business.

• 1Like

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
When Ed Harris is in that small town killing (i forgot his name so we'll call him Pablo) Pablo's family. Pablo gets up and jumps on Ed Harris and attacks him trying to take him down. Not sure how he can do this if hosts can't hurt visitors. You can argue that he did not hurt him, but jumping on someones back and attacking them can hurt them. Also, if it's barked up to 'realism' in WW, then why in first episode when Ed Harris is at Dolores's house and gets shot a bunch of times (to no avail), why didn't that guy run up and try to take Ed Harris down.
I'm just confused on this whole, 'can't hurt visitors' not being totally consistent. (in these 2 scenes)
You have to take the no hurting guests with a grain of salt. At one point, the new guests asks the host, I thought this world wasn't supposed to hurt any of us. Host responses, only to which you can handle.

So if you try stupid shit you might get hurt but you can't die from it.
Ed Harris seem to have purchased the ticket himself though....he spent fuckton of money to come back.

He probably I am guessing became disillusioned with the Westworld after a while and maybe that is why he is trying so hard to break into a different level of the game.

To what end? No fucking idea.

• 1Like

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I'll hold my tongue from further theories for the rest of the week. But I remain worried by this whole maze business.
The maze is just part of The Black Cowboy class epic quest.

• 2Like

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
I'm keeping track of the sounds played by the piano.

So far we have

Black hole sun
Paint in, Black

Any other songs anyone recognize?

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
That's interaction, it's not like Ed Harris is gonna get a hernia, i mean he's old as fuck, so maybe? But he's not like jumping on him and ripping off his ear or punching his lights out, it's all probably limits and levels.

It's probably a must that the hosts "can" hurt the guests, w/ the amount of raping going on, gotta feel real right? But they can't have hookers bitin off diks i'm sure.

• 2Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
Also pretty big clue is that the company is "DELOS" and "DELOreS" is the oldest, presumably first, host they built. Definitely Hopkins wife or daughter.

• 1Like

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
That's interaction, it's not like Ed Harris is gonna get a hernia, i mean he's old as fuck, so maybe? But he's not like jumping on him and ripping off his ear or punching his lights out, it's all probably limits and levels.

It's probably a must that the hosts "can" hurt the guests, w/ the amount of raping going on, gotta feel real right? But they can't have hookers bitin off diks i'm sure.
wonder if there is age limit to raping. holy shit...

• 1Like

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Supposedly the kid Hopkins was walking around with in the episode was a version of himself as a kid. Also forgot that his name is Robert Ford which is a play on the coward who shot Jesse James. Funny.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

sleibhienn

Trakanon Raider

At one point someone mentioned that the further away you go from the starting town the more dangerous it gets. "Pablo's" hometown seemed quite a bit out of the way (no other guestside nearby).

• 1Like