Westworld

Grez

Trakanon Raider
I think that this maze arc was created by Hopkin's character a long time ago and now, with Harris on the warpath, he's going to finish it with this new story arc: Harris dies and then uploads into Jesus robot, proving that these robots are, in their unique way, real people. However, I don't think it'll be Harris that uploads, it'll be the up-tight white-hat noob that enters in the second episode who stumbles upon the maze as a reward for not being a murderous & lecherous psychopath like the rest of the guests [robot girl said to Harris that "the maze is not for you"].

This whole maze thing reminds me of the end of the game "The Beginners Guide".

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
As Soygen said obviously 2 episodes isn't a lot to go on. The biggest issue in my mind to help guess with unanswered questions would be we have no idea how old the Hosts or Hopkins is at this point. Throughout human history as we cure more diseases and improve our medical technology the average age of a human increases. If we've cured every ailment known to man how old do you think people would live on average? 120 or 150 years, longer? It's clear that there's been many stories throughout the life of the park with the Hosts having different roles. At minimum the park is 30 years old but for all we know it could have been in existence at least double that if not more. Anyway, my best guesses for now.

Hopkins - Based on his speech where he explains why the new story won't work he views himself as an Artist trying to reach perfection for human interaction which in his mind is why people keep coming back. First episode he mentioned that the only thing people can't do is retrieve the dead. People would probably pay a lot of money and keep coming back over and over if they could relive their lives with those they lost who act perfectly like that person which if the park is in fiscal trouble would obviously be a big help. We know that Management's (him) idea for the park are completely different than what the customers or shareholders think which is that Westworld is just a mindless gore and sex filled place. He's obviously working on a secret project by the old Church as we see him go there and then again in the preview saying so.

Maze - Interestingly the director mentions to Jeffrey Wright that while he enjoys silences the Hosts never shut up. Wright explains it's so that they can practice with each other and learn to better speak with other people. What if the Maze was meant for the Hosts and not the guests originally? If the Hosts are programmed to improve speech that could easily apply to proving solving as well. Certain Hosts spread throughout the park have clues to the Maze as we know as Ed Harris is hunting them all down. The child who tells him where to look for the entrance said it's not for him, assuming he's a Guest and not a Host. If Hopkins is always trying to improve the Hosts to be more life-like then what better way then to copy the one that eventually improves itself to the point it can problem solve it's way to and through a maze. Maybe this has something to do with the Critical Failure in that it didn't work as Hopkins though? Obviously these clues are from old story builds, how old is the question?

Ed Harris - Obviously the 30 years of him there and the 30 years since the last critical failure at the park are somehow tied together. I can see possibly how people may think he's also a Host, he could have been programmed into the park the same as a Guest in order for him to hunt down rogue Hosts. I think it's much more likely what Hopkins and him want are tied together in that he's somehow figured out what the true nature of the park is and winning the game gives him whatever his true nature/purpose is now.

Can't wait for next week, it's been really good so far.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Caliane

I think that this maze arc was created by Hopkin's character a long time ago and now, with Harris on the warpath, he's going to finish it with this new story arc: Harris dies and then uploads into Jesus robot, proving that these robots are, in their unique way, real people. However, I don't think it'll be Harris that uploads, it'll be the up-tight white-hat noob that enters in the second episode who stumbles upon the maze as a reward for not being a murderous & lecherous psychopath like the rest of the guests [robot girl said to Harris that "the maze is not for you"].

This whole maze thing reminds me of the end of the game "The Beginners Guide".

holy fuck. this the most annoying, pretentious thing I have ever seen.

• 1Like

uncognito

Trakanon Raider
For now I would go with the theory that the man in black is a competitor, friend of Hopkins, or most likely an obsessed customer who has spent tons of time and money there(or gets in free cause his kid got killed by a host). And at some point Hopkins gave him a vague hint that he was missing the bigger picture or deeper part of the game. so now he is obsessed with finding it.

Maybe we will get a flashback scene with Harris raping his way to the edge of Westworld, where he runs into Hopkins, and Hopkins says "Bro you been coming here 25 years, raping my robots, and have not seen shit yet. This rabbit hole is even deeper than ur moms vag"

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
What was interesting is we got a lot more confirmation that the hosts have a lot of actual biological components mixed with artificial ones. Harris was talking about losing blood affected them last week, but that could have just been sensors which shut the host down after it loses X amount to maintain realism. But this week the prostitute was suffering from a MRSA infection, and she was susceptible to drugs that probably aren't available in the story line (Which if it was a programed response, one would think that something outside the story line would act like how Dolores acted with the picture, they just try to ignore it.)

• 2Like

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
That escaped whore-bot's tits looked quite biological as well. I made sure to watch several times to confirm.

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
Speaking of tits, have we talked about the Spanish latino girl who told the Harris about the location of the maze?

Is that subconscious coming to life? If so, every host may have a subconscious they are hiding?

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
What was weird was, it seems that if you want to forceably take a host out of WestWorld, you gotta do it "in character"
NsrVJlR.png

Remember when tech bitch put Dolores to sleep?
"soon this will all feel like a distant dream, until then may you rest in a deep and dreamless slumber"
then you hear an audible beep and she goes into sleep mode.

Then when she's brought back online (naked in the chair) she's hyperventalating, like b4 until tech guy turns off her emotions.

And like Lithose said, or you can just inject a bitch to put her to sleep like crazy whore.

NsrVJlR.png

• 1Like

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Speaking of tits, have we talked about the Spanish latino girl who told the Harris about the location of the maze?

Is that subconscious coming to life? If so, every host may have a subconscious they are hiding?

Well, that was what the new programing quirk was supposed to do; allow them to access a subconscious. Hopkins wrote that into their code specifically and even though they were "rolled back", we can see from the train guy (The one who likes Doloras) he's touching his chest where he was shot. Combine that with what they said this week, that sometimes memories escape purges, or their purging system isn't perfect so those memories appear as nightmares and it does seem like the hosts have a hidden depth. I have a feeling whatever game Hopkins is designing, he needs that subconscious to let it play out.

What was weird was, it seems that if you want to forceably take a host out of WestWorld, you gotta do it "in character"
NsrVJlR.png

Remember when tech bitch put Dolores to sleep?
"soon this will all feel like a distant dream, until then may you rest in a deep and dreamless slumber"
then you hear an audible beep and she goes into sleep mode.

Then when she's brought back online (naked in the chair) she's hyperventalating, like b4 until tech guy turns off her emotions.

And like Lithose said, or you can just inject a bitch to put her to sleep like crazy whore.

Yeah, this part was odd to me--I have a feeling its more a show mistake. Remember when Hopkins was talking to the old robot in storage? He also said that line "we should toast to a deep and dreamless slumber". It seems like that line is a special command to put them to sleep. Hopkins obviously knows a lot of special commands, like how to make the snake do what he wants--I guess they are some kind of cheat codes.

So why didn't the surgeons use that when she woke up? The tech bitch called them clueless so maybe they don't know the command line, because they aren't programmers (They seem to handle the biological end). But it seems like something everyone in the park would know.

NsrVJlR.png

• 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
I think she was in costume due to it being the end of a "cycle" and they didn't know if guests were around. The one guy that reprograms whore #2 to become the madame is chilling in costume with a programmer tool while guests are still in the brothel, too.
Maybe female tech chick was on "field duty" and they hang out sometimes in costume in the park just to see if shits working.

• 1Like

Caliane

yeah, thought the same. could be explained simply by crew on site maintaining some semblance of decor for the setting.

• 1Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
That was the same girl that kissed the hookerbot in the lab earlier in the episode, right? Maybe she was just hanging out at the brothel when shit went down.

• 1Like

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Do not Lost this thread or I will be sadneg.

While I do not promise not to speculate, I do solemnly swear that I will not
1) Expand on theories more than a paragraph
2) Become butthurt and declare the show to suck and have horrible writing when my theory proves to be incorrect.
3) Engage in lengthy debates with other posters about said theories.

• 2Like

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
While I do not promise not to speculate, I do solemnly swear that I will not
1) Expand on theories more than a paragraph
2) Become butthurt and declare the show to suck and have horrible writing when my theory proves to be incorrect.
3) Engage in lengthy debates with other posters about said theories.
You can do what you want I will just be sad! No censorship.

• 1Like