Westworld

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
That's rather amazing, the S2 trend. Charts with pretty much everyone here and their inability to stay with S2.

1590434861922.png

Not that the opinion of the masses determines whether a show is enjoyable or not, but cool to see it reflected in the data. By Episode 2 I was already clicking through and by Episode 3 I was really skipping entire weeks by that point 3-7 were a full multi week skip for me and it looks like we weren't alone on that.

I don't understand how you get 2-3 more seasons with the budget for this show and ratings below Big Little Lies. I'm hyped for Big Little Lies season 3. Nobody can say the same about a once epic sci-fi masterpiece.

Last edited:

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Hey, uh, so can I skip season 3 and stop watching this show? In such a dead period with work that I'm sorta just crossing shows off my list. I'd be down with a season 3 synopsis that goes over all the retardation though if anyone has a link.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
1 > 3 > 2 would be my rating of the seasons. I'd only watch 3 if you've already watched 2.

spronk

FPS noob
Hey, uh, so can I skip season 3 and stop watching this show? In such a dead period with work that I'm sorta just crossing shows off my list. I'd be down with a season 3 synopsis that goes over all the retardation though if anyone has a link.

AIs run the world
One AI is bad, one AI is retarded
they fight
the retard wins
Dolores does some stupid pointless shit involving multiple bodies
jesse from breaking bad just wanders through scenes looking confused
Maeve speaks some french (not a sex innuendo)

thats s3

season 4 will involve evil Dolores and her master plans to replace everyone in the real world with robbits, but that was also the setup for s3 so who knows

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
s2 had a lot of stories and almost all of them were fucking stupid

1. more insight into the delvos world... naw they are all just as dumb as their security detail

2. more maeve... naw she doesn't really do anything except be a tour guide for samurai world

3. bernard... 2nd worse story, youre basically watching the story from his eyes as he defrags his hard drive, as a narrative that is shit

4. delores what are you doing?

5. man in black, we find out nothing and they give us a stupid sob story

6. random npc story is the highlight of this season

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Watched that Critical Drinker video that was posted the page before; I'm out on Season 3. Another show off the list!

• 2Like

Fadaar

That guy
man am I glad I never started season 2

think I watched season 1 before 2 finished airing so was going to wait but this thread convinced me otherwise

• 2Like

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
I just finished season 3. I’d already seen 1 and 2 when they came out, but my girlfriend hadn’t seen any, so we started from the beginning about three months ago.

As the first time I watched it, I loved season 1 and hated season 2 largely. It had some gems and cool moments, but S2 was largely tiresome and cringy. S3 I hated less than S2 but that isn’t even saying much — and what the fuck happened to “WEST” world. What is this dystopian future AI bullshit Bond villain garbage. Could they really not have kept the story going *in* Westworld a while longer? Ridiculous.

In conclusion I hate Maeve, Dolores, and Black Dolores.

• 1Like

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
One of the few things I liked about S2 was Delos in his room, trying to get his bugs fixed.

Were there completely different writers for 2 and 3 that weren’t on S1? What a load of shit.

Last edited:

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
One of the few things I liked about S2 was Delos in his room, trying to get his bugs fixed.

Were there completely different writers for 2 and 3 that weren’t on S1? What a load of shit.
thats the main problem with s2 and s3, nolan and his cunt wife were in someway involved in s1 either co writing or whatever, in s2 and s3 they just said fuck it, we'll let 10 different writers have a go

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
They actually had source material for season 1 so they didn't have to really add much to it. season 2 and 3 they wrote on their own and you can tell they were hacks.

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
They actually had source material for season 1 so they didn't have to really add much to it. season 2 and 3 they wrote on their own and you can tell they were hacks.

So exactly like when they went off the rails with Game of Thrones and it turned to garbage.

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Yea S1 was adapting source material. Without any source material they just let a bunch of writers write whatever direction. No cohesion.

Stuck to my guns and haven't touched a single minute of Season 3.

spronk

FPS noob
season 1 had virtually nothing to do with the original movie other than being set in Westworld (the movie had Roman World and Medieval World too), i don't think "source material" factors into the show getting worse every season since there is no real source material. Anthony Hopkins, Ed Harris, and Jeffrey Wright just elevated season 1 far above what it should be and losing the three of them together in most scenes and having Dolores be front and center most of the time exposed the show for the mediocrity it is.

I bet the exact same show with better actors could have made it more fun. Dolores, Jessie, Tessa Thompson, and Maeve are not good actors.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
And I can say having watched the original movie it was by no means good.

Agreed totally on the actors. Dolores sucks, so does Thandie Newton. It’s the reason GoT started to grind on me so much.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
I bet the exact same show with better actors could have made it more fun. Dolores, Jessie, Tessa Thompson, and Maeve are not good actors.

Dolores is the only real hot garbage actor of the bunch. The others are okay, but just had awful roles given to them. TBH, I don't think any calibre of acting could have saved the hot garbage that the story became. Anthony hopkins was wise to gtfo when he did.