Westworld

spronk

FPS noob
yeah that seems like her, which puts Bernard waking up ~20-25 years after Jessie Pinkman's timeline. I still don't really get what Maeve and Pinkman thought they were doing, there is knowing you are walking into a trap and there is just blindly charging forward ignoring all warning signs. Maeve looking at the tower and speakers and thinking they may be some sort of control system and not immediately smashing the fuck out of them is annoying too. We're also getting a bit of Agent Smith out of the Matrix with Man in Black, clearly there must be many copies of him running around (no bullet holes in the second one).

The flies coming out of the kids mouth was creepy AF.

Show isn't really good but at least its enjoyable to watch moment to moment without having to know anything about the story. I doubt it'll end with any sort of satisfaction sadly.

Aren't they on a satellite ? I seem to remember something about groundstations and receivers and shit about that.

I think they just used satellites to beam them somewhere, and i think that somewhere is supposed to be the Hoover Dam. That place is a MASSIVE datacenter. I don't think you could host a near infinite number of artificial universes in a space satellite, but who knows. Plus there is the whole issue of maintenance, satellites get fried by cosmic rays/solar flares, collisions in space, etc. Honestly though neither solution seems very good from a practical "I'm an AI and want to live forever in a simulation, where do I run the datacenter with power, cooling, regular maintenance?" problem. Both seem subject to the whims of crazy humans.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Juvarisx

Florida
Can't believe this shit is still going. Kiksuya was the last good episode of this shit heap and that was back in June 2018

• 2Like
  • 1Edgelord
Reactions: 2 users

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
So I skipped season 3 entirely, thinking it was the last season and after season 2, I simply wasn't that interested. Without any spoilers, should I watch season 3 and is season 4 looking any good?

• 1Solidarity

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So I skipped season 3 entirely, thinking it was the last season and after season 2, I simply wasn't that interested. Without any spoilers, should I watch season 3 and is season 4 looking any good?
S3 was a completely different show in a Westworld wrapper. That show wasn't any good and they stopped the tits.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

spronk

FPS noob

do not watch season 3 it is an absolute terrible season of television, period. nothing important happens.

season 4 is ok so far, it seems to be going out of its way to erase / reboot season 3 and pretend it didnt happen. Its just so far people doing cool looking shit without a lot of explanation, difficult to say if its good or bad until we get to the end of the season.

The show IS ending at season 5 so there is only 1 more season.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser

Second episode was genuinely terrible. Third episode slightly better. Perhaps as more plot points are revealed then it will get better

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
Is it safe to say that Maive and Jesse Pinkman weren't successful in stopping black Delores, and that some Terminator/Matrix type takeover by machines probably happened? With white Delores being part of the future that Bernard is in?

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
The show has some grand ideas that its writers seem completely unable to handle. The idea in season 3 where humans are not in control of their own lives because of AI is a great parallel of season 1. How ever it was shit writing and terribly executed.

I like where season 4 is going but I hope they can land it. I think there are two timelines .

• 1Like

Grez

Trakanon Raider
No, just watch only season one and pretend that the rest doesn't exist. Enjoy that one season masterpiece.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Warpath

Golden Baronet of the Realm
No, just watch only season one and pretend that the rest doesn't exist. Enjoy that one season masterpiece.

westworld and true detective in that category. re-watch season one, pretend the show ends there.

• 2Like

velk

Trakanon Raider
Add "Heroes" to that list please.

I still wonder what Heroes could have ended up as if Fuller didn't walk out on them near the end of S1. From memory he did the same thing for Dead Like Me, American Gods and Discovery, which makes me suspect he might be a hard person to work with, but given the trajectory of all of them after he left.. well.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I still wonder what Heroes could have ended up as if Fuller didn't walk out on them near the end of S1. From memory he did the same thing for Dead Like Me, American Gods and Discovery, which makes me suspect he might be a hard person to work with, but given the trajectory of all of them after he left.. well.

Wasn't season 2 derailed by the writers strike?

spronk

FPS noob
that was a pretty good episode of TV, while i wait to see if the whole season delivers I really like how they are answering mysteries instead of generating infinite new ones.

Caleb is probably dead and Hale is running fidelity tests on a copy (278 runs over 23 years!) to perfect his host copy. Don't really know why though.
the world is run by Hale, humans are fly/tower controlled hosts on a NYC-sized island? Whats outside this tower island?
Christine/Dolores is ??? and Teddy is ??? but its 23 years in the future and Caleb-Host is there now along with Bernard and Calebs daughter (who is a lesbian, thats super important)
Man in Black is ??
Maeve has been buried for 23 years but is "a weapon" that will ???

Fairly simple and straightforward, lotta questions to wrap up between now and the finale but its basically Hale vs Bernard.

Only real issue is there is no one to really care or empathize with, I don't care which side wins they both are pretty shit. You can nitpick a lot about how shit Maeve and Caleb are at accomplishing anything too.

• 2Like

Cybsled

Wasn't season 2 derailed by the writers strike?

In part. I think Fuller also wanted to basically have each season be self-contained with a new cast every season, but because of the success of the 1st season and people's affinity for the characters, they went with a more traditional serial narrative structure with continuity across seasons and overrode his original plan.

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Why is this season so much better? It's like 2 and 3 are just so fucking terrible but season 4 is actually good. The first episode was kinda like a prologue to this season. The build up has gone at a pretty good pace.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Why is this season so much better? It's like 2 and 3 are just so fucking terrible but season 4 is actually good. The first episode was kinda like a prologue to this season. The build up has gone at a pretty good pace.
They seem to have taken a swing at the same concept in season 3 only are handling it way better.

• 1Like

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I did 1-current in the last couple weeks. Season 1 was lightening in a bottle that I don't think they can recapture. The storytelling, performances and themes combined to make something pretty compelling. The AI in S3 was pretty cool, but that's about it. At this point I don't think I care about any of the characters, but I guess I'll finish it since I've paid for HBO max for the month.

• 1Like