Westworld

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
What a shit show of an ending. Human kind died out...well because we were always destined to die out. Fucking retarded. Oh but we will live on as long as the AI with the magic servers that will never need maintenance continue on. Fucking barf.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
yeah, i liked most of the season and there was some fine acting here and there but relying your entire story on the shit actress of Dolores just makes you not care at all. lol at budget saving for season 5 though, "everyone is dead! hahaha, our salaries will be nearly nothing now!"

dolores killed dolores to save another dolores is the entire season. who gives a fuck? None of it makes any real sense anyways. How the fuck did MiB ride a horse from NY to Hoover Dam and beat a fucking tesla airplane? LOL

x9ho286ddsh91.jpg

Fucking Campers

best line of the season

funny thing is even if they don't renew for s5 you can just say the show is on a loop, s1 is a simulated reality to test humans blah blah blah who gives a shit tbh

still, seeing Aaron Paul in Better call Saul and Westworld this year has been a nice treat.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Skimming over this thread I should just stay remembering season 1

• 4Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
like... this season had such good promise, but everytime they had to try to find a way to make sense of, or give dolores screen time it sucked.

we're now back to saying, only s1 and akecheta eps is good, forget the rest.

• 1Like

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I tune out of all the Delores parts and grab my phone. I'm writing this and it hasn't even finished yet, no clue what is going on LMAO

• 1Like

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
How the fuck did MiB ride a horse from NY to Hoover Dam and beat a fucking tesla airplane? LOL
Turns out Tesla airplanes have to land and charge their batteries every 25 miles.

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
This show was never good, even S1 was stupid once you figured out the 'twist.'

• 1Picard

Xevy

Log Wizard
This show was never good, even S1 was stupid once you figured out the 'twist.'
Season 1 was great. The problem with it was the "game" was essentially nothing. A big fucking nothing. Then they just riffed a bunch of shit S2+ and failed. S1 is still great television. I'd tell people to watch it if they haven't, just never go beyond it and be mildly upset without true, TRUE closure about a bunch of it.

• 1Like

matsb84

Silver Knight of the Realm
Oh this show. I fell asleep midway through the finale on Sunday, re-watched where i left off yesterday and missed nothing of value. A very weak season finale.

One thing I've liked about the series is that the writers arent afraid of jumping ahead in time, post seasons 1/2. Its just a shame the stories havent really been good. Season 1 being the strongest, followed by season 2, though this is where the wheels begin to fall off. For me, the glue for s 1/2 was Hopkins, less in s2, but he made s2 more watchable than s3/4. I was hoping he would somehow show up in the finale for s4, but not sure to what end..his character doesnt really fit the current theme of the show. S3/4..they're just all over the place. I think i probably enjoyed a couple of episodes in s3 and same for s4..mostly the episodes that do some of the world building for what we missed with the time jumps.

I don't see a need for a season 5 and they could probably cap the series right where they ended it.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
One thing I've liked about the series is that the writers arent afraid of jumping ahead in time, post seasons 1/2.
the cast is ageless robits, it wouldn't have mattered if they jumped 1000 years, they only chose a 23yr time jump for jesse's kid reveal

Izo

Tranny Chaser
At least no season 5. Was entertained. Well, I got my dick sucked, no idea what happened at the finale.

matsb84

Silver Knight of the Realm
the cast is ageless robits, it wouldn't have mattered if they jumped 1000 years, they only chose a 23yr time jump for jesse's kid reveal
yeah, i mean just in general - most shows seem to stick to one time frame, and dont branch out further. There was a jump from s2 to s3 and then from s3 to s4. It was just an interesting way to further a bad story.

Kiki

Log Wizard
Fucking Campers

best line of the season

funny thing is even if they don't renew for s5 you can just say the show is on a loop, s1 is a simulated reality to test humans blah blah blah who gives a shit tbh

still, seeing Aaron Paul in Better call Saul and Westworld this year has been a nice treat.

100% best line.

My problem with it is that she says it's the final loop, that one word changes the entire ending. We could have had the maze being the morality test, repeated in infinite, much like the Matrix and she's amnesia Neo. The outside world could have just been a simulation as well, made from copying human minds from the park (where did those copies go btw?), and the whole simulation could have been repeating for thousands of years never to resolve. I feel like this is a huge Matrix cop out but its better than what we ended up with. Instead she has to run another simulation test just one more time (even tho Bernard can run millions of every possible outcome but also he doesn't know if her simulation will work either?). Oh and the human race is going to "die out" because apparently only lesbians survived. Also, you could have just put an Aaron Paul brain into one of those good permanent host bodies laying on the floor.

But yeah, we gotta test these hosts because they are reflections of humans, and humans are both good and bad. So then we already know their nature, why do we have to test it? And why would she have to forget EVERYTHING, couldn't you just remove the bad (since you've observed evil, have all this data and know what is good and bad now). Garbage.

spronk

FPS noob
nothing about the show makes sense or matters. death is irrelevant, you just make a copy of someone based on what you know about them and run fidelity tests until its pretty close to the real person. Which itself is a meaningless concept, as the show says repeatedly, if you can't tell the difference does it matter?

The stupidest thing to me is The Sublime is "AI heaven", but no one in the entire universe seems to give a shit its housed in the Hoover dam, a datacenter run on water which is extremely vulnerable to so much. Fuck, RoboMIB shut the goddamn thing down in under 5 minutes with zero pushback from any security, which is like 100 years for those inside, why didn't anyone poke their head out and go "HEY WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON WHO INTERRUPTED MY AI ORGY".

I think its supposed to be a metaphor for how people don't really care that much about climate change fucking over our future, but literally everything else is basically the same metaphor in the show so it all comes across goofy. For evolved AIs these are all some incredibly dumb motherfuckers. Its like if you let twitter evolve into skynet, you'd just end up with Terminators who don't kill people but paint everyone with LGBT flags and randomly attach dicks to people.

• 1Like

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Appreciate you all watching this trash to give me something to read about and laugh at. Stopped watching at the end of season two with no intentions of picking this up again. Always good to feel validated.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
did this get any better? I kind of stopped caring, but if the seasons over might binge it.