Westworld

sneakyflute

Golden Squire
What the fuck are you guys talking about? This episode only solidified the theory. The steeple has already been unearthed by Ford in the present. The dude even talks about being married for 30 years and encounters the same damn host that greeted him upon his arrival 30 years prior.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

DaliLhama

Golden Squire
Ok so this episode did nothing but confuse the fuck out of me and i have no idea what the fuck is going on.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
So now Maeve can control robots like ford. i have no problem with the no pussy getting asian and his curiosity helping her out but white guy ruins the story.

I think delores questioning time is pretty interesting.

• 1Like

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
I can live with the "tech nerds" even though they're awful. But there is no way the asian dude would have access to some of the shit he is doing. That place is on fucking lock-down. That's retarded.

Love the show though, ready to get some answers (hopefully) in these last two episodes.

• 1Like

agripa

Molten Core Raider
Did anyone one else notice the maze was the representation of the fragmented hosts mind when Maeve was having her freakout in behaviour about her child? I found that interesting. Also the corporate board chick convinced the head writer to smuggle a host out of the park via the train, but don't they have a bomb on their back as we found out earlier?

• 1Like

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
Did anyone one else notice the maze was the representation of the fragmented hosts mind when Maeve was having her freakout in behaviour about her child? I found that interesting. Also the corporate board chick convinced the head writer to smuggle a host out of the park via the train, but don't they have a bomb on their back as we found out earlier?
probably because old as shit.

GhenghisKhan

Molten Core Raider
What the fuck are you guys talking about? This episode only solidified the theory. The steeple has already been unearthed by Ford in the present. The dude even talks about being married for 30 years and encounters the same damn host that greeted him upon his arrival 30 years prior.

It's crazy how people can have such contrasting views of this narrative. For me, I feel like they smashing me in the face with a 10lb baseball bat engraved with the words "MiB == William". I hope I'm wrong. I would love to be surprised by a thoughtful, well crafted story line. But the crap they're throwing out with the 2 tech workers does not lend much confidence! lol

• 1Like

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Also MiB can't be William... Delores had a fucking flashback right in front of him and the old church steeple is in the same position as wee see it when Ford is walking around near it.

Actually, William could still be MIB. The more I'm seeing with Dolores and that town, the more I'm thinking something happened right after the park opened (or right before it opened), and that town was buried. So if the town was buried before the park opened, then it would still look like that when William first came to the park and found it with Dolores, and it would still look like that 30 years later.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
probably because old as shit.

Priceless android technology... Guaranteed every single one of those bitches has a frag grenade shoved up their ass.

So, did Bernard kill Elsie because Ford thought she was the one sending the code rather than the one investigating it?

• 1Like

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Setting aside the fact that there's a basement full of broken, malfunctioning dolls in the basement but each of them having an explosive embedded into their bodies sounds like great management.

On a related tangent... wtf happens when a guest shoots a host where the explosive is? Or is this another sci-fi "conveniently only blows up the robot" explosion?

• 1Like

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
How has Dolores had enough time to gather all of these memories for flashbacks in William's assumed timeline? Has the park even been open that long at that point?

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I don't like the MiB = William shit because it is just so stupid. I really, really hope it isn't true.

William goes on an epic quest with Delores during his first time in the park. Sees many of the park's outer bounds. Mysterious cities of outlaws (Pariah), remnants of the Confederates fighting Ghost Indians and Mexican revolutionaries. Takes a wild train ride into the great unknown and gets the girl...

Continues going to the park for 30 years and makes sure to do all of the dumb newb quests for some reason. Eventually realizes that there is something better out there and he needs to complete the epic quest to unlock the perma-death server.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
I don't like the MiB = William shit because it is just so stupid. I really, really hope it isn't true.

William goes on an epic quest with Delores during his first time in the park. Sees many of the park's outer bounds. Mysterious cities of outlaws (Pariah), remnants of the Confederates fighting Ghost Indians and Mexican revolutionaries. Takes a wild train ride into the great unknown and gets the girl...

Continues going to the park for 30 years and makes sure to do all of the dumb newb quests for some reason. Eventually realizes that there is something better out there and he needs to complete the epic quest to unlock the perma-death server.
that is so fucking dumb i hope it is not real.

Malakriss

The person shooting the people in Dolores flashback looked like a man aiming a rifle, although dust obscures the figure in the few frames he/she is in the background. Then it cuts to older Dolores pointing the pistol at her forehead. "This is what Arnold wants, he wants me to remember" + buried church seems like good evidence that Arnold has been dead for awhile in William's timeline.

From the MiB's speech we also know his interaction with Maeve happened within the last year so she hasn't been memwiped and on her new role for very long. MiB has only been looking for the maze for a year then.

edit: and we have confirmation that Maeve is one of the first hosts learning to dance too.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
Love the show, but I can't really stand Maeve's storyline.

You have to jump through a TON of hoops to try and make sense of it (mostly why these techs are so stupid and have so much access, or how there is no security protocols to detect her actions/behavior).

Perhaps there will be some grand reveal, but right now it just feels like sloppy writing to get the story and characters to where they want them to be. They even saved Felix because they 'might need him'. The idea that he wouldn't immediately report what happened is just preposterous.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Malakriss

FYI the music file Ford played for Maeve when she was frantic is "Reverie - Debussy" from Audio/Storage/TB/files/music... which he transferred to [finger blocking prefix]/Lab/RM27/act...

Her reaction to being memwiped was also to stab herself with a knife similar to how older Dolores put the gun to her own head.

• 1Like

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
The only way maeves storyline works is if the repair teams are robots, which makes sense because why not have robots do the tedious repair work. In my mind, it's just all part of ford's overarching narrative, or shit that arnold set in motion years ago

With delores, I think she's roaming the park in present day completely broken, reliving multiple past storylines she's been involved in. None of what happens in her scenes can be taken as fact, which is kind of lame, but will hopefully have a payoff.

This is looking like it's coming down to Arnold wanting to free the robots because philosophically, because he believes them to be alive, and Ford wanting to keep them as slaves, because philosophically, he doesn't believe in consciousnesses anyways so who gives a shit.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Yeah ROFL. Host that supposedly can't hurt you stabs you in the throat and nearly kills you.

Host saves you so you can serve her later. Sorry I think the, "I don't get paid enough for this shit" idea would kick right in. Go tell Bernard everything you know and hope for the best.

Because you almost seriously bled out on the fucking floor dog.

• 1Like