Westworld

Ladro

Anomaly
The lack of security access protocols on Felix and Ginger is rediculous. Jimmies rustled. There's no way none of their actions aren't logged.

Also, looked like Ford had Bernard kill Elsie? Was really quick but pretty sure that was her getting chocked out right before the men wipe.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
That's the problem, they made a big deal over how serious security was early in the show, but it's just lax when it's convenient for the story.

They immediately realized when Maeve was off-script in Westworld, but there aren't more stringent security protocols in the real world?

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
is the purpose of fat white guy tech, to tell the "audience" that all the shit Maeve wants to do is bad?

I really don't see any need for fat white guy tech, other than to pander to retard audience "Robot uprising, bad, mmmkay"

Also, Asian tech must either really hate fat white guy or is some type of Autistic (which makes sense), cuz he was all non-chalant and shit when Robo-bitch decides to totally break the ultimate RoboLaw of thou shall no kill (humans).

I mean fuck, there's a few ppl i hate to work with everyday, but if some robo bitch sliced them open and let them bleed out on the floor, i'd be like, "SHIT!, SHIT!, LEMME TAKE OFF MY SHIRT AND APPLY PRESSURE OR SOME SHIT!!!"

nope, Asian tech is some kind of unfeeling asshole or Autistic bastard.

• 1Like

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The original park was likely much happier and involved no violence whatsoever according to Arnold's design. There were no loops and resets so the hosts would learn and build on their experiences and interactions, except the happy wild west town isn't the most appealing model to get guests to pay to visit. Arnold eventually went crazy and was the one to shoot up the hosts in Dolores' flashback which killed Teddy in front of Dolores and triggered her consciousness / maze trip and then something happened that killed Arnold or forced him to go into hiding.

Ford then remarketed the park as a kill / fuckfest which mandated all of the hosts be wiped and reset constantly, and their deviations could be monitored by when they go off their scripted loops. Ford knows they can become self-aware but doesn't give a shit since he wants to be god and control them like puppets to play out his stories.

• 1Like

Oldbased

> Than U
Sooo I didn't have HBO and now I do. Totally forgot about the hype train for this show. Worth watching for the first time now several episodes are out or did it turn into a Designated Survivor after the first episode?
I admit I didn't read the past 30 pages for obvious reasons. Was more just curious if it has remained entertaining as it has gone on.
Thanks bros and hos.

• 1Like

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Sooo I didn't have HBO and now I do. Totally forgot about the hype train for this show. Worth watching for the first time now several episodes are out or did it turn into a Designated Survivor after the first episode?
I admit I didn't read the past 30 pages for obvious reasons. Was more just curious if it has remained entertaining as it has gone on.
Thanks bros and hos.

Absolutely entertaining enough to watch. High production values, confusing, very solid acting. Definitely watch it, only two episodes left on this first season.

• 1Like

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Part of me thinks 99% of em are artificial and there are very few game players. Maybe only ford and mib. Maybe only mib.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
This episode really screwed with me as far as multiple timelines. Dolores living through a few of the things while "resetting" back to William, made me believe that maybe William and MIB's timelines are different than what we've always though. What if MIB is only 30 years into the life of Westworld, but William is 40-50 years in? He suddenly appears to be a future player. Especially with all of the Dolores memory fuckups regarding that town

• 1Like

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Or maybe the multiple timeline theories are convoluted bullshit and this is all going on at once.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

wat

Golden Knight of the Realm
We know Ford dug up that town. If anything this episode puts more fuel on the multiple time period theories. Either way, I think we can all agree that the Maeve story line is terrible.

• 3Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Did anyone one else notice the maze was the representation of the fragmented hosts mind when Maeve was having her freakout in behaviour about her child? I found that interesting. Also the corporate board chick convinced the head writer to smuggle a host out of the park via the train, but don't they have a bomb on their back as we found out earlier?

I'd say once you're decommissioned and put into cold storage, theey remove the bomb, probably cuz if all of them still had bombs in em in cold storage, that's like an army of mini bombers.

• 1Like

bralkan

The old ways are still best
As far as Delores remembering, Ford and Arnold "played" in the park for some time before it was opened to the public. I imagine the flashback was one of those times.

• 1Like

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
How has Dolores had enough time to gather all of these memories for flashbacks in William's assumed timeline? Has the park even been open that long at that point?
It seems that William's story is in the past, but I don't recall anything indicating exactly how old the park was at that point.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Something like 3-5 years. If the other timeline is to be believed.

• 1Like

Ladro

Anomaly
Maev will get on the same train as Abernathy and blow them both up as they leave the park since she was really just acting out her part. Ford has manipulated the story the whole time to achieve that goal. Maybe even board lady will be on the train and get it too.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
This one screamed filler to me. Absolutely nothing moved in any of the arcs, outside of the absolutely pants on head Maeve story line, which fully jumped the shark. Dude wrote a brilliant story line where someone could manipulate things real time with Root in PoI, that was fully feasible inside of the PoI universe, and yet he is fully fumbling this one. My viewpoint on the whole MiB and William thing remains the same. I don't care one way or the other. I'm just curious because many have said that the town has been unearthed by Ford in the present. The only thing I remember about Ford and that town, was in the early episodes, he is with that little boy, and they are looking at the buried steeple, and he is talking about bringing out the new story line. Where did I miss him unearthing it?

• 1Like

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
Something like 3-5 years. If the other timeline is to be believed.
Even on the low end of 3 years old, seeing as the hosts are constantly reliving their "lives", that seems like plenty of time for Dolores to have a shitton of memories when she's with William.

• 1Like

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
Where did I miss him unearthing it?

They mention it in last night's episode. I think it was the board of directors chick that says she's aware he unearthed some old town or something to that effect.

• 1Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
They showed it being dug out in at least 1 if not 2 episodes. I think they even showed the church unearthed but I might be wrong on that.

• 1Like