Westworld

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
They showed it being dug out in at least 1 if not 2 episodes. I think they even showed the church unearthed but I might be wrong on that.

Fair enough, but it's hard to tell if they are part of flashbacks or "different timeline" arcs though. As far as what the lady was saying in this episode, I just assumed they meant rediscovering it, as they showed Ford doing early on. I'm just ready for the curtain to be pulled back and show us how all these dots connect, because at this point I think they are falling victim to their own mind games and it's getting really convoluted.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

sneakyflute

Golden Squire
There's a nifty video on youtube that essentially rearranges the show in chronological order. It helps make sense of everything that's happened so far. You don't need a remarkable intellect to understand this show, but you can easily miss things if you're not attentive.

Easy breakdown of the time periods being depicted:

1. 34-35 years ago - Infancy of the park, Arnold dies, Dolores involved in some kind of massacre at a church
2. 30 years ago - William and Logan arrive. They're probably executives of the company we now know as Delos. William saves the park from certain financial doom after the critical event which has yet to be shown
3. 1 year ago - Old William (Man in Black) catches a glimpse of new host behavior when he kills Maeve which sets him on the journey to find the maze.
4. Present - Dolores retracing her steps from 30 years prior (we still have no idea what the implications are). Delos board is trying to usurp Ford's technology for other applications. Maeve's burgeoning consciousness and the dumb tech storyline that everyone hates

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
The whole Maeve story line is so fucking bad that it almost ruins the entire show. Holy shit. The whole thing reeks of HBO jacking off to the idea of an oppressed black female robot getting revenge against the white male shitlords holding her down.

• 7Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 8 users

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
They showed it being dug out in at least 1 if not 2 episodes. I think they even showed the church unearthed but I might be wrong on that.
Yeah, they showed a ton of digging, but I don't think they actually showed the town itself being dug up, did they?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
The whole Maeve story line is so fucking bad that it almost ruins the entire show. Holy shit. The whole thing reeks of HBO jacking off to the idea of an oppressed black female robot getting revenge against the white male shitlords holding her down.

Sylvester makes it extra dumb because he's a moron. But still is the only one with some actual sense in this situation... Ironically. But even if we remove dumb Sylvester you lose again because at some point Felix would realize how fucking crazy this is.

• 1Like

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
The only way the Maeve story makes any kind of sense is if, instead of firing you, they kill you. I just can't see how any job is so important that you'd do the things these two idiots are currently doing.

• 2Like

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
The only way the Maeve story makes any kind of sense is if, instead of firing you, they kill you. I just can't see how any job is so important that you'd do the things these two idiots are currently doing.
That or the society is super dystopian, with the small haves and mass have nots, and the only other job either them are qualified for is AIDS gloryhole operator.

• 2Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>

Which is the same as being bullshit because that's not even implied. Just that they NEED their jobs in the same way that anyone needs their jobs. Stick your dick in some Hosts in maintenance mode. Yeah they let that slide it seems like. Incite a robot riot killing hosts and potentially losing a piece of some of the most valuable technology in human society?

Death is certainly possible for the latter. But not the former, which is all they were guilty of in the first place.

• 1Like

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Also, looked like Ford had Bernard kill Elsie? Was really quick but pretty sure that was her getting chocked out right before the men wipe.

That was my impression also, but wasn't he talking to her on the phone when she got grabbed?

• 1Like

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
Which is the same as being bullshit because that's not even implied..

I agree. I'm just saying that it's completely stupid the lengths they're going to, just to keep a job, if there isn't something more serious than just unemployment weighing over their head.

• 1Like

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
I agree. I'm just saying that it's completely stupid the lengths they're going to, just to keep a job, if there isn't something more serious than just unemployment weighing over their head.
No matter what the consequences are it's fucking retarded because they've had multiple outs at this point.

• 1Like

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
Was just reading a thread on Reddit about how retarded the two techs are and someone mentioned their names are Felix and Sylvester, which are two famous cartoon cats. These dudes are hosts. Maybe their INT is set to like 3 and that's why they are going along with this.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Or maybe the multiple timeline theories are convoluted bullshit and this is all going on at once.

That's idiotic. If anything, this episode only PROVES that there are multiple timelines. When she first walks down the hill, the town is empty. Then we get the scene of the hosts being taught to dance. That happened at least 35 years ago, before the park even opened. Then she flashes back again to another timeline when she's with William and the town is buried. For fuck's sake, they even give the audience the blinding flash of sunshine to show that she's remembering another timeline for the pants on head retarded of society, of which you are obviously a proud member. Hell, even when they come across the massacre, she goes to get more water out of the river and looks back and everyone, including William, are gone.

It still may be that William is not the MIB, but I'm still leaning towards that he is, just that his new MIB persona didn't occur as long ago as I thought. It seems now that he took on that persona only a year ago after his wife died, when he realized that his wife always knew his kind, philanthropist ass was hiding who he truly was. He realizes that all of the stuff he has done in the park over the past 30 years is all part of different loops, so he finally decides "fuck it, let me see what happens when I make up my own story." He then goes off and kills Maeve and her daughter, finally sees the actual real game in the park, and the maze is revealed to him. This also makes sense because we know from a previous episode that Maeve hasn't been in her new loop for very long. So Maeve finally achieved self awareness when she tried to protect her daughter, but her daughter dies anyway, her memory is wiped clean, and she is put in charge of the brothel.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
I really hope the two techs are hosts. If not the story takes a massive dive. I hope they are there to give Maeve the illusion she is in control and alive to give her the next step in her evolution.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
I don't think them being hosts really explains their behavior either. Arnold's code would be the one pushing them to allow it, but how could they get away with it without Ford knowing?

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
That's idiotic. If anything, this episode only PROVES that there are multiple timelines. When she first walks down the hill, the town is empty. Then we get the scene of the hosts being taught to dance. That happened at least 35 years ago, before the park even opened. Then she flashes back again to another timeline when she's with William and the town is buried. For fuck's sake, they even give the audience the blinding flash of sunshine to show that she's remembering another timeline for the pants on head retarded of society, of which you are obviously a proud member. Hell, even when they come across the massacre, she goes to get more water out of the river and looks back and everyone, including William, are gone.

It still may be that William is not the MIB, but I'm still leaning towards that he is, just that his new MIB persona didn't occur as long ago as I thought. It seems now that he took on that persona only a year ago after his wife died, when he realized that his wife always knew his kind, philanthropist ass was hiding who he truly was. He realizes that all of the stuff he has done in the park over the past 30 years is all part of different loops, so he finally decides "fuck it, let me see what happens when I make up my own story." He then goes off and kills Maeve and her daughter, finally sees the actual real game in the park, and the maze is revealed to him. This also makes sense because we know from a previous episode that Maeve hasn't been in her new loop for very long. So Maeve finally achieved self awareness when she tried to protect her daughter, but her daughter dies anyway, her memory is wiped clean, and she is put in charge of the brothel.

Then we're back to the retardation of William getting the most badass epic quest ever for his first time in the park. Only to come back and do all the newbie scrub ass fetch me some bear asses questlines for 30 fuckin years. Why?

• 2Like

sneakyflute

Golden Squire
William only found out about the maze a year prior to present events. Right now, we're watching young William become infatuated with Dolores and follow the Confederado narrative. He's never even heard of the maze at this point.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Then we're back to the retardation of William getting the most badass epic quest ever for his first time in the park. Only to come back and do all the newbie scrub ass fetch me some bear asses questlines for 30 fuckin years. Why?

Not at all. We get the best piece of evidence that this isn't what happened. Everyone just assumed that William discovers the maze while on his first quest in the park with Dolores. Not true. It's now obvious that although it's a rarer event in the park, it's not what leads William to the maze, it is in fact just another loop. We all assumed that the maze was an actual place that William (MIB) discovers inside the park. We now know that that's not true. The maze is in fact just what Flood (or was it Lawrence? can't recall off hand) told us it was: a state of consciousness like the Native Americans believe. The MIB tells us that he didn't discover the maze until a year ago, when he killed Maeve and her daughter, and had his throat slit. The story actually makes a hell of a lot more sense now, because it's likely that William has been coming to the park for 30 years, just doing the tourist things like everyone else, and it wasn't until a year ago, when he first takes on the MIB persona, that he discovers the maze.

• 1Like

H.A. Monkey

Golden Knight of the Realm
There's only one timeline idiots. Man in Black used to play along with the story for 30 years, which meant Delores was getting raped every night. It's what she's designed for. Now suddenly Man in Black changes the game by not playing along with the 'game' and story. And everyone thinks that Billy is Man in Black even after his "30 years I've been coming her for you Delores, but not tonight" dialog? People need to pay attention to the show more.

And Man in Black knew of the maze long ago, but only figured out its importance a year ago when he broke the storyline.

Edit: lemme see if I can explain this better.

In ep. 1 you see Delores show back up with Teddy, and we learn Teddy is a host. Man in Black is the guest in that part of the narrative.

In ep 6 you see the changed narrative starting with Delores being picked out to the guest for a night. Which that guest declines then. As that narrative progresses we are once returned to that night at the farm house. Major difference being that Teddy isn't there and the guest who is part of that narrative isn't the Man in Black(for the first time ever).

If we were dealing with multiple timelines, Billy would have raped Delores by now as that's what the Man in Black had been doing. It means Billy is not the Man in Black. It's means there's only one timeline.

Last edited:
  • 1Like