Westworld

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
Geez, H.A. Monkey is fucking retarded. You're just the type of person who gets fooled by the bad editing and can't figure out what's going on.

I don't completely blame you; the producers kind of fucked up by interchanging characters in timelines in scenes next to each other (like the security guy saying to get Dolores, and next scene is a flashback to Dolores being interrupted by some guy...but those are two timelines). But wow, you're just digging your heels in on something that is clearly obvious. I don't think your mental capacity is high enough for figuring out the plot of this show.

Is it bad editing when they're purposefully trying to make people believe it's all happening at the same time? If anything, seems like it's pretty good if it manages to trick so many people into thinking it's one timeline, and create so much debate over it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

H.A. Monkey

Golden Knight of the Realm
Let's back away from the two timeline discussion and address the bigger question. If the flashback Delores had when everyone was learning to dance and she had the gun to her head with everyone dead around is true. Then that had to occur over 30+ years ago. We already know Delores cannot fire a gun due to her programming. And if the two timeline event is true and Delores fires a gun at the behest of Arnold. Then Delores must have been malfunctioning since the beginning and continuously for over 30 years. Yet her dad malfunctions for less than 12 hours and the park decommissions him?

Anyone care to explain that?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Let's back away from the two timeline discussion and address the bigger question. If the flashback Delores had when everyone was learning to dance and she had the gun to her head with everyone dead around is true. Then that had to occur over 30+ years ago. We already know Delores cannot fire a gun due to her programming. And if the two timeline event is true and Delores fires a gun at the behest of Arnold. Then Delores must have been malfunctioning since the beginning and continuously for over 30 years. Yet her dad malfunctions for less than 12 hours and the park decommissions him?

Who's Delores?

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
...Then Delores must have been malfunctioning since the beginning and continuously for over 30 years. Yet her dad malfunctions for less than 12 hours and the park decommissions him?

Might I point you to my current theory that there is a time difference between MIB and William, but we're thinking of it backwards. MIB happens before William does.

• 1Like

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Might I point you to my current theory that there is a time difference between MIB and William, but we're thinking of it backwards. MIB happens before William does.

Man in Black says he's been coming to the park for 30 years. The park has only been open for right around 30 years. Pretty impossible for the MIB stuff to happen before the William stuff. Plus, MIB has already interacted with Ford. We've seen Ford remember himself as a younger man, which makes it impossible for the MIB stuff going on now to have happened 30 or more years ago.

• 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
Man in Black says he's been coming to the park for 30 years. The park has only been open for right around 30 years. Pretty impossible for the MIB stuff to happen before the William stuff. Plus, MIB has already interacted with Ford. We've seen Ford remember himself as a younger man, which makes it impossible for the MIB stuff going on now to have happened 30 or more years ago.

Unless this is Fordbot 2.0 like I imagine it is at the very least. If he's not his brain in a Host I'd be very, very surprised. It'd make sense if he has been alive for decades running the place and all the employees don't know because they're hosts as well.

The MiB = William shit is aligned pretty perfectly, but it'd be super lazy if it's true. People called that shit during the first episode William appears. I'm just hoping the writers are better than we think they are.

• 1Like

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
Then Delores must have been malfunctioning since the beginning and continuously for over 30 years. Yet her dad malfunctions for less than 12 hours and the park decommissions him?

Well, we know Maeve has malfunctioned in the past year as well (wouldn't respond to commands), but they still moved her as a somewhat pivotal role in the park.

Perhaps they just really overestimate their ability to wipe their memories, and underestimate the code Arnold has hidden within.

• 1Like

Caliane

Prepark opening. Arnold makes town of sentiant robits. Powerplay between ford and Arnold. Ford programs Dolores to kill everyone. Dolores kills Arnold, +town. Ford then covers it all up, and takes over the park. Despite his claims of not being sentimental, he very clearly is. He DOES keep Dolores around, wipes her memory, etc.
Gun use is wiped from her memory. New stricter core programming is added to prevent harm.
2-5years later. park opens. and William+logan visit. Considering buying out the failing park.
I think this is still the "incident 30 years ago", NOT the death of arnold before the park opened. Which is buried. Logan I am pretty sure will die in the park. Reveries not added yet. so this may just be an accident, not really related to a break.
At this point, the robits can fight back. they can punch, kick, and guns even inflict actual harm.
Even more stricter programming added, preventing any even remotely hostile action.
Current timeline. Revelries. Hosts start remembering past skills, and actions to add more lifelike behaviours. Dolores remembers all the way back to pre-park times and how to use a gun.

• 2Like

lower case g

Lord Nagafen Raider
Anyone else notice that when the Board woman was talking to the writer, there was a picture on the wall showing what looked to be the Moon, with locations in the park on it?

SxH4DEw.jpg

Last edited:
  • 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Is it bad editing when they're purposefully trying to make people believe it's all happening at the same time? If anything, seems like it's pretty good if it manages to trick so many people into thinking it's one timeline, and create so much debate over it.

Well at this point is either outright deceptive writing (which sucks) or utter brilliance. Two more weeks and we shall know for sure!

I just really, really don't like the idea that William is MiB and hope it isn't true.

• 1Like

lower case g

Lord Nagafen Raider
Also the woman MiB and Teddy rescued was the first host William met, when she was a "greeter" at the park. MiB said "Its you, I thought they'd retired you.", suggesting there are two timelines. Doesn't prove that MiB=Wiliam, though.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I never had any doubt there are timeline shenanigans going on. I just disliked the William is MiB idea.

• 1Like

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Also the woman MiB and Teddy rescued was the first host William met, when she was a "greeter" at the park. MiB said "Its you, I thought they'd retired you.", suggesting there are two timelines. Doesn't prove that MiB=Wiliam, though.
That and Lawrence make it almost impossible to not be two timelines.

Either that, or there are two of a bunch of hosts and they're interacting with both William and MiB. But that'd be even more ridiculous.

• 1Like

sneakyflute

Golden Squire
Unless this is Fordbot 2.0 like I imagine it is at the very least. If he's not his brain in a Host I'd be very, very surprised. It'd make sense if he has been alive for decades running the place and all the employees don't know because they're hosts as well.

The MiB = William shit is aligned pretty perfectly, but it'd be super lazy if it's true. People called that shit during the first episode William appears. I'm just hoping the writers are better than we think they are.

I don't think it's supposed to be that kind of twist. The Man in Black needed a backstory and the writers have done a good job at letting it unfold at an appropriate pace. Plus, it's gotten people talking. I suspect there will be another revelation that people never saw coming.

• 2Like

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
I don't think it's supposed to be that kind of twist. The Man in Black needed a backstory and the writers have done a good job at letting it unfold at an appropriate pace. Plus, it's gotten people talking. I suspect there will be another revelation that people never saw coming.

Arnolds a merman :O

• 1Like

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
I'll laugh if the MiB is the first awakened host. His backstory is that he's been coming to the park for 30 years.

• 1Like