Westworld

H.A. Monkey

Golden Knight of the Realm
If robots can be made as real as human, I have to assume that bionics are more than available........

Additionally, the only time we have seen ford suspend all bots near him is when he is dining with teresa. He obviously set her up to sit at a particular table and particular chair. Seems easy that he could have a hot key ready to suspend everyone nearby at a key word or finger point. Just to fuck with her......

So, that's two explanations that come immediately to mind....

In that dinner scene, Ford does a finger wave and all of them stop. He isn't controlling them with his mind. The hosts work off of voice, data link, and for Ford off hand commands. There isn't any ESP shit going on.

And etchazz if you couldn't notice Dolores got the gun from the other host, what else are you missing then?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Caliane

That wasn't done by her, we only get a few dust blocking frames but it's someone with a rifle and likely a male profile. All we know is that she puts a pistol to her head afterwards.
This is correct, I was wrong in saying it was her. We do see a man with a rifle doing the shooting. more shots are heard, then a skip to Dolores putting the pistol to her head.

• 1Like

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
If she shot herself in the head, how does she still work? It's been shown that lobotomizing them destroys them basically. Wouldn't a gunshot to the head destroy the brain/cpu?

Also, I'd REALLY love to see the Gunslinger at some point from the original. We know he's in that basement. Come on HBO, do it!

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Quaid

Trump's Staff
The guns in west world don't fire real bullets.

Also, note the facial mole:
william_ep2.jpg

And the lack of a facial mole:
Westworld_lemat_04.jpg

• 1Like

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
The guns in west world don't fire real bullets.

Also, note the facial mole:
View attachment 99742

And the lack of a facial mole: View attachment 99743
They fire bullets that clearly hurt the hosts. I wouldn't say they aren't real, they just don't hurt humans. For now.

Also, it's the future. Your smartphone can probably just remove moles if you want.

• 1Like

Quaid

Trump's Staff
They fire bullets that clearly hurt the hosts. I wouldn't say they aren't real, they just don't hurt humans. For now.

Also, it's the future. Your smartphone can probably just remove moles if you want.

They simulate damage to the hosts, probably very similar to a squib. There's no way they'd let a gunshot wound incurred in the park damage the host's CPU.

The mole thing, sure. They did go out of their way to show the facial repair tech in the most recent episode. If William takes an injury to the left side of his face at some point, it'll be almost a certainty that he's MIB.

• 1Like

Warflagon

Peasant
The idea that bernarlod telling stubbs that he did not have a relationship with teresa being a big thing.......damn, has no one else ever denied an association for political/financial/social purposes? Or recognized that in another? How non human are some folk?

• 1Like

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Why are you guys arguing a point that is almost certainly a complete hand wave of "smart bullets" with no further explanation or in depth coverage coming for the rest of the show.

It's the same exact scenario as potentially shooting the explosive in the hosts' backs, we expect it never to be touched on but we'll still get machine gun bullets that rip through people and face splatter. Don't expect a comment like "Hey, can we not totally destroy the train every loop? Shit's expensive."

• 1Like

Araxen

We haven't seen that one bitch that was investigating stuff for Bernard. I wonder when she's going to pop back up.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Warflagon

Peasant
We haven't seen that one bitch that was investing stuff for Bernard. I wonder when she's going to pop back up.

You mean her host replacement? She was killed in episode 6, per bernarlods memory in this episode.....I'm none to happy about it. She was my fave character. But she's dead. Maybe a host soon, but dead.

• 1Like

Araxen

You mean her host replacement? She was killed in episode 6, per bernarlods memory in this episode.....I'm none to happy about it. She was my fave character. But she's dead. Maybe a host soon, but dead.

O wow, somehow I missed that. I just remember her getting "caught" and that's the last scene I remember of her.

• 1Like

Warflagon

Peasant
O wow, somehow I missed that. I just remember her getting "caught" and that's the last scene I remember of her.

I'm sure it has nothing to do with the fact you refer to a competent, professional woman as a bitch........

I'll bet there are a lot of things you miss......

DaliLhama

Golden Squire
That shot of Bernard choking another women is not Elsie went back to check cause that shit was fucking with me and then someone from the show says "How do we know that was Elsie?". Also from the preview you hear Dolores asking "Why did you have me seek the maze?" or some such so hopefully we get to see who it is that is talking to these hosts and who the fuck grabbed Elsie.

• 1Like

Warflagon

Peasant
That shot of Bernard choking another women is not Elsie went back to check cause that shit was fucking with me and then someone from the show says "How do we know that was Elsie?". But from the preview you hear Dolores asking "Why did you have me seek the maze?" or some such ao hopefully we get to see who it is that is talking to these hosts.

No way. That was Elsie. Love of my internet life. alas she is gone.......Same boots, same flooring, same lighting, same beard on the shadowed man from #6, and when you are being choked to death, your face will scrunch a bit and gnarl........./heaven wept, but it was so....

Warflagon

Peasant
Elsie not being dead by bernararlod's hands will be more disappointing to me than billy being the MIB......Just too obvious. Even twilight zone from 60 years ago will catch you unaware if you are not ready......I can't believe 2016 could be dumber (Que trump / idiocracy memes. By all means :) )

uncognito

Trakanon Raider
I hate the chick from the board, she is by far the worst casting on any HBO show that I have watched. She belongs on Fox's empire or some shit.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users