Westworld

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
So wait, does the simmunition trigger the robots fucking head to explode if it hits them instead? Because if its magically real bullets for robots only, then I'm pretty sure a ricochet could still fuck some people up. What would happen? Would the robot just shit himself to death for accidentally killing a guest? ! gross

Also, anyone else said 'waiiit a minute' when the cloaked bros came to town with modern shotguns ? I know they had pump actions back then, but automatic shotguns with plastics etc?

Loved the show and I don't want to nitpick too much. I'm very happy to have found it and can't wait for next week!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
My other question, which may be reading tooc much in to things, is are we supposed to believe that this 'gunslinger' is a guest and not host? The showdown with Teddy points to guest, but some of his other interactions seemed to say host. Is he a rogue human running wild in Westworld or the first conscious android?

• 1Like

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Also, anyone else said 'waiiit a minute' when the cloaked bros came to town with modern shotguns ? I know they had pump actions back then, but automatic shotguns with plastics etc?

Just a side by side coach gun and 2 Winchester pumps. I saw no semi automatics.

My other question, which may be reading tooc much in to things, is are we supposed to believe that this 'gunslinger' is a guest and not host? The showdown with Teddy points to guest, but some of his other interactions seemed to say host. Is he a rogue human running wild in Westworld or the first conscious android?

I'd guess bugged code host with the ability to self flag as visitor.

• 1Like

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider

I believe this will answer all your questions :

Who Is The Man In Black On 'Westworld?

• 1Like

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Yes, if by all you mean none. Which is good. I'll have fun speculating and learning as the series progresses.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>

The Man in Black said "I didn't pay all this money to be here for you to not put up a fight." And he said it to two known hosts, so he wasn't saying it to fool them.

• 2Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Ok, Are we treating this thread the same as the GoT thread? The moment something airs, all spoilers are free for all? Or do we keep things spoilered for a little bit? I just want to act accordingly (and not spoiler things if I don't have to).

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
...the complex says there are 1400 people in the park, yet we only saw 2, were they hiding from all the killing going on, they know they can't be hurt, it was just weird to me that 1398 people were missing from this big fight scene, the 2 new guests were there.

It seems that all of the "new" people arrive by the train. So every time you see someone you don't recognize on the train, they are a new player. I keep calling it player and NPC, because it's a lot easier to keep track of in my mind using that terminology.

• 2Like

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
The Man in Black said "I didn't pay all this money to be here for you to not put up a fight." And he said it to two known hosts, so he wasn't saying it to fool them.

Was talking to my wife about this sort of thing, doesn't seem like it would be that fun if you wanted to go in as a bad guy gunslinger, but you're enemies couldn't hurt you. You'd think they'd have some sort of penalty for getting shot by your robo enemies. A time out or something.

• 1Like

Boobietastle

Molten Core Raider
Yeah, and as they showed throughout the episode--multiple times flies landed on the hosts eyes even, and the hosts did not react due to their programming to not harm living things.

Except for the sheriff when they took the guests up into the mountain to look for Hector. He went all twitchy when the fly landed on him...almost like he wanted to swat it but couldn't because he can't harm a living thing and it caused a melt down.

• 1Like

Boobietastle

Molten Core Raider
I have another question..with 2000 hosts and 1400 guests in the park at any one time, how do that account for guests mistaking other guests for hosts and bashing their brains in or raping them?? I don't get the sense that the worlds are instanced for the guests so they are all in the same world. Anyone have any thoughts?

• 2Like

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
So you have to pay money to go to Westworld then pay hookers more money to bang them? Why not just put on some cowboy clothes and go buy some hookers?

• 2Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
You have to pay money to go to Disney World. You also have to pay money to receive food. Same idea. You can't just dress up in a mouse costume and get in for free to buy the food.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I wasn't paying attention if they mentioned any sums of money, but if they are sticking to realism, what are you going to be out for that hooker, a buck fitty? Pretty sure that's chump change once you've paid the admission.

• 2Like

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
You have to pay money to go to Disney World. You also have to pay money to receive food. Same idea. You can't just dress up in a mouse costume and get in for free to buy the food.
but killing is free
HEEYA.

• 1Like