what are some of the worst games you've ever played?

Sterling

El Presidente
pretty much all SNES fighting games were awful

Clay Fighter
Weaponlord
Killer Instinct
Primal Rage

but the game i really really really really hated was Bugs Bunny Rabbit Rampage. I got this game as a present when i was kid and it was the most frustrating game ever.
SNES MK2 was legit though.

khalid

Unelected Mod
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E.T._th...l_(video_game)

I was 8 when the movie and this game came out and I absolutely LOVED the movie. Was so motivated for this game, and it wasn't just me, the entire family was.

Played it for a few minutes and we were all just in shock about how horrible it was. Every few days I would try and play it again, SURE that I had missed something. I mean, there just had to be more to it. Nope, it really was basically the worst game ever.

dak

Bronze Knight of the Realm
SNES Ultraman
ultraman_snes_(11).jpg

SNES Apple Seed
applesnesscreen003gi.jpg

There are countless shitty old games nobody wants to remember, like Atari 2600 ET and Ghost Busters.

Some of the worst games in recent years put out by actual developers....

Elemental: War of Magic - Was looking forward to this but it was botched on many levels at release. I heard it was improved but I never bothered to update.

Dark Souls PC Port - Dark Souls is great, PC port was super sloppy and possibly the worst port in history by a decent sized studio.

Risen 2: Dark Water - Maybe it gets better but I couldn't make it past the first hour, pretty painful to play.

I foresee this thread becoming a regurgitation of "worst of" aggregation sites.

ultraman_snes_(11).jpg

applesnesscreen003gi.jpg

ultraman_snes_(11).jpg

applesnesscreen003gi.jpg

LadyVex_sl

shitlord
Lawnmower Man on SNES and Homefront. Wasn't Mario is Missing the game where you had to visit all of the notable world landmarks? I loved that game! YMMV I guess, but learning about world wonders was really cool I thought. Also, it was free in that bundle pack they had one xmas, awww yea.

Edit: Also, have to mention that while I loved this game, it made me super angry and it was the first time I became aware of system disparencies: Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers the Movie on SNES. Loved the shit out of it, but the Sega version let you pilot and use the battle zords AND had a battle mode. I raged, because I asked for it on SNES and not Sega, and could not convince my parents to rebuy it for the other system. Fucking terrible.

Temple of Elemental Evil, while being a pretty good game, was the buggiest piece of nigh-unplayable shit. Forced my way through anyways until getting to a portion where you couldn't advance due to crashing, then waited about six months for Atari to release a patch. They never did release one, maybe a year later but by that time I had just thrown the discs out.

LadyVex_sl

shitlord
Haha I bought ToEE for my BF and I ended up playing it more than him. What I remembered most was having to turn up the brightness and shit on it because it was dark as fuck. They later fixed it but man.

xrg

Golden Squire
I liked Out of this World when it came out. I tried to play it again after seeing the developer do a post-mortem talk about it - I really don't have the patience for that style of game anymore.

JVIRUS

Golden Knight of the Realm
jmU5y.jpg
and
IOb2j.jpg

NASA engineered these two gems to crush the love of life and happiness out of every child that played them

jmU5y.jpg

IOb2j.jpg

jmU5y.jpg

IOb2j.jpg

Burnesto

Molten Core Raider
Oh Ninja Turtles.

The dam level never angered me that much. I never got real angry until later in the game.

I still remember raging over the spot where you think you'd have to jump to cross. Then finally out of frustration you walk right across the gap. Fuck that game.

Cybsled

Worst game? There are so many it's hard to pick. American Gladiators on SNES sucked.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Jesus Christ half of you don't know what a truly bad game is judging by the responses here. I now present to you the absolutely worst game ever made:

Bad Day on the Midway

Here's a description of it from Wikipedia:

The player can switch between the various game characters in order to solve a number of puzzles. The game has alternative narrative lines, with definite fixed story elements. The gameplay is centered around discovery via the different characters. The game has no save system and is time-limited. The player is faced with different puzzles and questions, such as how to stop a murderer without fighting, and the reaction to the backstory of the murderer.
It was one of those first-person, static-background adventure games (think Mist or 7th Guest). However, there was no way to win. You basically walked around until you a) died in a horrific fashion or b) time ran out. You couldn't fight, you couldn't run, you couldn't defend yourself. You'd literally be walking around, turn a corner, and someone appears and kills you. I guess not dying meant you won?