what are some of the worst games you've ever played?

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
I played Elite on my Atari ST a lot, so when this was released I was pretty hyped. But when it turned out to be a bug ridden pile of crap I was sorely disappointed.

rrr_img_1526.jpg

Then there are some other games, like Skyrim, that could have been ranked as one of the most awesome games ever, but after spending close to 80 hours playing the game only to encounter a bug that meant I couldn't advance the main plot anymore really grated me.
frown.png

rrr_img_1526.jpg

frown.png

Lenwen

Silver Squire
Jesus Christ half of you don't know what a truly bad game is judging by the responses here. I now present to you the absolutely worst game ever made:

Bad Day on the Midway

Here's a description of it from Wikipedia:

It was one of those first-person, static-background adventure games (think Mist or 7th Guest). However, there was no way to win. You basically walked around until you a) died in a horrific fashion or b) time ran out. You couldn't fight, you couldn't run, you couldn't defend yourself. You'd literally be walking around, turn a corner, and someone appears and kills you. I guess not dying meant you won?
While that is bad, I don't think it is the worst. it's a truck racing game that you can never lose, named Big Rigs: Over the Top Racing. Here is Wikipedia's entry on the gameplay:

The packaging of Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing states that the objective of the game is for the player to "[...] deliver illegal cargo, with cops chasing [them]"; however, in actuality, there are no police in the game or, seemingly, any objectives to complete.[2] The packaging also states that the player must "race trucks across the country" while delivering such cargo; however, although computer-controlled opponent vehicles do indeed appear in the game, they have no artificial intelligence, and never move from their starting position.

There are technically no obstacles for the player to negotiate in Big Rigs, as the truck may freely be driven on and off roads without any loss of traction, up or down 90? slopes with no loss or gain of speed, through structures such as buildings and trees, simply falling right through bridges, and even out of the boundaries of the map into an endless grey void. When the player's vehicle is put into reverse, it can accelerate indefinitely, but the truck will halt instantly when the reverse key is released.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Rig...he_Road_Racing

SheepDog_sl

shitlord
587232_59121_front.jpg
and
587452_46953_front.jpg

I'm going to have to toss these in there with all the rest. Especially the Disney one, that game was absolutely awful.

sike

Silver Knight of the Realm
FFX-2 is probably the worst game I've ever bought. That or Lula: The Sexy Empire...

Doleo

Trakanon Raider
There was a MMO style WWII game called WWII Online Blitzkrieg. I doubt anyone remembers it. It was terrible. Everything about the game was broken. Nothing the game promised was delivered.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Some of you are confusing difficult with bad. Ninja Turtles, for example, was difficult but it was still a decent game.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I would have to say: (Pre Modern-Console)

1) Back to the Future - NES
2) ET - Atari 2600
3) Pacman - Atari 2600 Version (So awful)

(Pre-Modern Computer)

1) Depth Dwellers

(Major Disapointments)

1) 11th Hour
2) Star Wars The Old Republic
3) Black and White
4) The Adventures of Link (NES)
5) Splinter Cell: Conviction
6) Wii U (Hopefully this will get better)
7) $74.99 game prices in 1995.
8) 3D0
9) Outpost

(Best Surprises - Games that I thought would be garbage based on development cycle/lack of information/start-stops/Never heard of before - but turned out to be pretty good)

1) Far Cry 3
2) The Secret World
3) X-Com
4) Dishonored
5) Amnesia
6) Zombie U

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Got some fucking pussies up in this thread. I beat both Top Gun AND Adventures in the Magic Kingdom. SUCK IT BITCHES

Budos

Golden Knight of the Realm
Any of the NES Simpsons games. I fell for it every time.

I'm surprised no one has said Jaws on the NES.

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
League of Legends.

Just kidding, I wouldn't touch that piece of shit with a 40 foot pole.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Spawn the video game being bad made perfect sense though, since the movie was such a piece of shit too. Spawn is 1 of only 2 movies where I've ever walked out of a theater in the middle of it, the other being Anaconda. Just an abortion of cinema, and the game wasn't any better.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
While that is bad, I don't think it is the worst. it's a truck racing game that you can never lose, named Big Rigs: Over the Top Racing. Here is Wikipedia's entry on the gameplay:

The packaging of Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing states that the objective of the game is for the player to "[...] deliver illegal cargo, with cops chasing [them]"; however, in actuality, there are no police in the game or, seemingly, any objectives to complete.[2] The packaging also states that the player must "race trucks across the country" while delivering such cargo; however, although computer-controlled opponent vehicles do indeed appear in the game, they have no artificial intelligence, and never move from their starting position.

There are technically no obstacles for the player to negotiate in Big Rigs, as the truck may freely be driven on and off roads without any loss of traction, up or down 90? slopes with no loss or gain of speed, through structures such as buildings and trees, simply falling right through bridges, and even out of the boundaries of the map into an endless grey void. When the player's vehicle is put into reverse, it can accelerate indefinitely, but the truck will halt instantly when the reverse key is released.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Rig...he_Road_Racing
Ah yes, I vaguely remember seeing this game in Walmart at some point and reading some reviews when it was released.

See people? THAT is a bad game. Hard games, frustrating games...those are not bad. Ninja Turtles, Mickey Mousecapades, Mario is Missing, Bart vs. The Space Mutants were all fun, enjoyable games!

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider
Top Gun for the NES. I could never, ever, land the motherfucking plane on the carrier. Ever. I can't tell you how many times I threw my fucking controller, but it was a lot.

Also Final Fantasy 8. Just couldn't get behind the gunsword faggotry. After being a completionist with Final Fantasy 7, FF8 felt like going from banging the shit out of Kate Upton every night to having to stare at honey boo-boo's naked mother.

Also any madden after like 2006 I think. Whichever year was the last one for creating your own player and having full control over everything (like making a running back and being able to call 100% run plays for yourself) was the best Madden, and they should have stopped right there.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Shaq-Fu had the worst controls I can think of. Maybe I played a game where they were worse, but when terrible controls come to mind... that's the winner. Game Boy Mortal Kombat was right up there in terribadness.

Szlia

About fighting games on the wrong machine resulting in horrible controls, how about Street Fighter 2 on Amiga with a single button joystick?