What are you playing?

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
mother of god shades GIF

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm playing Divinity Original Sin II again with my brothers and a friend. Great game and feels different with multiplayer.
Ideally Baldur's Gate 3 will be done soon but I'm not sure what we'll do after DOS2 if it's not.

Maybe Diablo?

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
RDR2 is not holding my attention. Bought a switch OLED and have been playing Breath of the Wild.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
I can not stop playing Hades, - First on PC and now on Xbox.

I load up the Box trying to play something else and say "hmm, i should do a quick run, which turns into 4"

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Mechwarrior 5 - Bought on Epic store because back in the dizzay it was an exclusive, which makes me a fucking hypocrite for complaining that Darkest Dungeon 2 is doing an early access exclusive there and I don't like it.

I am enjoying the game, but I am finding myself getting frustrated with the difficulty of games a lot quicker as I get older. I am probably 3/4 of the way through the vanilla campaign, up to the 360 ton mission range (max is 400) and my yolo tactics no longer apply. So I am less motivated to play lol.

I want to do a modded campaign as the extended stuff they have made looks amazing, but I am not sure I have the patience to min/max every facet of my mechs. The videos I have watched look great.

Bloons TD6 - Tower Defense game my son got me to buy to play with him. It is surprisingly fun and even a little deep. I have 31 hours in it - boggle!

Legends of Idleon - My breakfast/wake-up game. A very simple idler that I find myself interested in logging into every day to do daily tasks and inventory management and somehow I racked up 174 FUCKING HOURS in this game. What the actual??????

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Metroid Dread. Struggling with the final boss.

After that: Code Vein, Bloodstained ROTN, Aliens Fireteam, Hades, Far Cry 6. Not sure what order, or if I'll bounce between them. Also need to finish up with Dragon Quest 6 phone remake, about 75% done.

After that, Pokemon Gen 4 remake, Nioh1+2, and Pillars of Eternity. I tend to play things in groups.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Should I buy Returnal or Metroid Dread next?

As a huge fan of Metroidvanias in general, I found Dread to be entirely forgettable. It is completely on rails and the boss fights are about the only challenging thing about it. Hollow Knight and both Ori games are better.

• 3Like

pwe

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Metro Exodus Enhanced Edition. Good game. Looks gorgeous and lots of interesting stuff happening.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Just finished Lonesome Road in my New Vegas playthrough, so just about done with that. Also messing with Phoenix Point since it came out on console, but its a bit buggy. I think now that all the DLC is out for it I might hit up Wasteland 3 again.

LiquidDeath

So I've started a play through of Nioh, but as someone who loves the Soulbourne games I just can't get into it. It seems like it takes lessons from its predecessors but uses them in the wrong way. Why do all the enemies have an attack pattern that can stop in the middle but is visually similar to the longer animation? It is just needlessly frustrating and only a time sink. I don't know, it just seems worse in every way to the From Software games.

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
So I've started a play through of Nioh, but as someone who loves the Soulbourne games I just can't get into it. It seems like it takes lessons from its predecessors but uses them in the wrong way. Why do all the enemies have an attack pattern that can stop in the middle but is visually similar to the longer animation? It is just needlessly frustrating and only a time sink. I don't know, it just seems worse in every way to the From Software games.
Nioh one and two are NOT soulsborne games and trying to play them like they are will almost always lead to frustration, more-so with 1 but less-so with 2.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

LiquidDeath

Nioh one and two are NOT soulsborne games and trying to play them like they are will almost always lead to frustration, more-so with 1 but less-so with 2.

What do you compare it to? It seems like the going is so slow that it really makes me angry sometimes.

Also, the null frames after attacking when you can't dodge are something I can't get used to. Sometimes I feel like I can dodge right after an attack but others it just sits there and doesn't register my input. It just feels really weird sometimes.

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
What do you compare it to? It seems like the going is so slow that it really makes me angry sometimes.

Also, the null frames after attacking when you can't dodge are something I can't get used to. Sometimes I feel like I can dodge right after an attack but others it just sits there and doesn't register my input. It just feels really weird sometimes.
You almost have to unlearn what you have learned from Souls and go at it from a different angle. Focus on weapon choice and builds, try some jutsu and onymo magic out. Eventually something clicks and it starts to come together until it doesn't (certain bosses and encounters will swerve you just like in Souls), the only real comparison between Niohs and Souls is like they both like to kick you in the dick when you fuck up. Also, they both like to throw out the occasional bullshit in your face and then laugh at your when you die from it. Nioh is more fast paced and Ki management is fucking critical. Learning to Ki Pulse is critical especially when you start using it to string together some brutal combos.

Check out PooferLlama's twitch and/or youtube channels as he is stupidly good at the games and is really into tutorial and lesson building.

Edit: The Niohs are also considerably less accessible than the Souls games, that is something to consider as well, due to their steep learning curve.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Playing Control. I think I can see the twist coming from the very start of the game.

This game fucking misgendered me. The fucking nerve of these people!

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Mountain Biker

Trakanon Raider
I started a fresh hardcore self-found run in Grim Dawn. Randomly picked to play a chaos warlock, and it is surprisingly good. I beat Loghorrean on ultimate and am almost to the last boss in Forgotten Gods. I will do Ashes of Malmouth last.

Either my build is really good or the game is easier than it used to be. I know they have buffed a lot of items in the last couple years and I'm wondering if they didn't buff monsters to account for it.

• 1Like

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Wrapped up my New Vegas ultimate good guy playthrough. Working my way through the DLC enhanced WL3. Kind of have Pheonix Point on the backburner until they fix some of the crash bugs or at least add a turn by turn autosave so I dont lose an hour of play every time it bombs exiting a mission.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
I can not stop playing Hades, - First on PC and now on Xbox.

I load up the Box trying to play something else and say "hmm, i should do a quick run, which turns into 4"

Holy fuck, this. My XCOM Long War campaign is now experiencing competition for its time -- Hades is soooo satisfying to play.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Kind of have Pheonix Point on the backburner until they fix some of the crash bugs or at least add a turn by turn autosave so I dont lose an hour of play every time it bombs exiting a mission.
Well that's displeasing to see as I was about to finally dig into that sumbitch.