What are you playing?

Troll_sl

shitlord
The fact that games like those are getting 3x-4x the funding they initially asked for should tell the industry something.

But of course they're too fucking deaf.

Nite1

<WoW Guild Officer>
I just picked up kotor for the ipad (im traveling this week) I always wanted to play it but didn't get the chance back when it came out hoping that this is a good crossover

Troll_sl

shitlord
What is a deep RPG?
Something along the lines of Baldur's Gate or a roguelike.

There've been good roguelikes coming out, but imo they don't go far enough. I want the depth of character creation and development of say, Dungeons of Dredmore with the expansive world of the Forgotten Realms (not neccesarily that world, just using it as an example of a fleshed out setting).

Nutron_sl

shitlord
Raging in Dota 2, Stomping AI in Total War Rome 2, Conquering the world as Iroquois in Europa Universalis 4.

fucker_sl

shitlord
The first Assassin's Creed. I think it's kind of a sad commentary on the state of gaming that this supposed game sold so well. Graphically it would have been impressive for it's time, and the cities are cool enough. But the gameplay and combat itself? You may as well just have an "autopilot" mode so you don't need to actually do anything other than just watch the game unfold. Maybe I'm missing something, I'm only maybe two hours in, but it seems like the most incredibly shallow game ever made. I dunno, maybe it would translate better on a console or even a 360 controller on my PC, as opposed to keyboard and mouse.

Maybe I'm just jaded because the game I played previous to that was Crysis 2, which also may as well have been a moderately interactive movie.

I'm also occasionally putting 20 minutes in to Dragon Age Origins here and there. It just hasn't grabbed me the way the BG games did. I don't get bored when I'm playing it, but I don't really feel any strong urge to pick it up back up again if I haven't played it for awhile. I also installed Europa Universalis a few nights ago, and managed about 5 minutes of the tutorial before I realized I didn't have 3 hours set aside. I can tell that one's going to be a huge time commitment. Looks extremely intriguing though.
no, it's not you. I'm playing it right now too, i'm currently at memory block 5 and i can't find the will to continue it

EVERY SINGLE FUCKING MISSION is exactly the same. with the same number and type of "quests". When you get the "counterattack" upgrade you have basically won the game. i just spam leftclick-rightclick (my attack and parry) repetevely and i kill everything without efford. It becomes so stupid that to kill the main targets i simply don't stealth anymore....i charge straight on the entire palace/castle/fortress/whatever where he's hiding and clear the whole fucking place in one fight

i REALLY hope AC2 gameplay is better because it's a waste of great story and enviroment

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Laughing my way through SR4.

One of the better games I've played in a long while.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
What I have installed ATM.

rrr_img_42673.png

Fury

Silver Knight of the Realm
Still playing Team Fortress 2. Borderlands 2 with buddies. FTL and Defender's Quest for solo quick play.

Northerner

N00b
The Last of Us (not really into it yet but whatever, no rush), King's Bounty:WotN, Don't Starve, various Ys and still some SC2. Thinking of firing up some Brood War again though or learning DOTA2 as SC2 isn't really scratching that itch well anymore and going back to BW might be painful.

Might be about ready for another run through Skyrim with a bunch of mods this time. I keep thinking about it but haven't pulled the trigger for some reason, despite enjoying the game a ton and having a rig that can handle all kinds of shit.