What are you playing?

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Done beating my head on Stranger of Paradise DLC (as are a lot of other casual fans who came back for it I bet). Moved on to THPS, finally beat THPS1 in one sitting. That's bizarre because I totally failed to beat it two different times in the past, now yesterday I watch some Youtube videos to bone up on moves, then go play the whole game on PS5 start to finish in like 3 hours. The hardest part was getting the a medal on the final level, probably. Some of the secret tapes were ridiculous to get...so I skipped them this time and still had enough to unlock the last level.

TBH I'm shocked that I beat the game at all, much less so fast. The two things that probably did it: I actually made diligent use of the stat-gain menu this time by seeking out all the stat points, then put them into things like hangtime and spin speed and jump height. Also, I memorized the special move commands, something I think I ignored in the past, and worked those into combos. Once you get the hang of stitching 1 or 2 special moves in a spin, your points go through the roof. The four point-related goals in each stage were basically a gimme after that.

Fantastic freaking game, and pretty timeless. So much fun. I wish they'd kept the iconic menu music in for this remake though. Can't believe I avoided a THPS replay for so long due to thinking I couldn't beat it.

THPS2 next which seems a bit harder, then I don't know what's next but it's probably one of those aforementioned SRPGs, or Nioh (speaking of games I avoided for a long time due to having trouble making progress in the past).

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
Done beating my head on Stranger of Paradise DLC (as are a lot of other casual fans who came back for it I bet). Moved on to THPS, finally beat THPS1 in one sitting. That's bizarre because I totally failed to beat it two different times in the past, now yesterday I watch some Youtube videos to bone up on moves, then go play the whole game on PS5 start to finish in like 3 hours. The hardest part was getting the a medal on the final level, probably. Some of the secret tapes were ridiculous to get...so I skipped them this time and still had enough to unlock the last level.

TBH I'm shocked that I beat the game at all, much less so fast. The two things that probably did it: I actually made diligent use of the stat-gain menu this time by seeking out all the stat points, then put them into things like hangtime and spin speed and jump height. Also, I memorized the special move commands, something I think I ignored in the past, and worked those into combos. Once you get the hang of stitching 1 or 2 special moves in a spin, your points go through the roof. The four point-related goals in each stage were basically a gimme after that.

Fantastic freaking game, and pretty timeless. So much fun. I wish they'd kept the iconic menu music in for this remake though. Can't believe I avoided a THPS replay for so long due to thinking I couldn't beat it.

THPS2 next which seems a bit harder, then I don't know what's next but it's probably one of those aforementioned SRPGs, or Nioh (speaking of games I avoided for a long time due to having trouble making progress in the past).
What is THPS1 and 2 for the dumb people please?

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Lot of Ghost of Tsushima talk lately. Has anyone played the DLC expansion, Ikishima Island or something like that? How is it?
it's good enough the new enemies made combat fun, you walk around and your like

i'm the motherfucking ghost!

and theyre all like
353.gif

horse can charge through ppl now, and quality of life improvement is extra loot (more kunai past your inventory max) goes to your horse saddles now, so your inventory is essentially doubled or tripled

• 1Like

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
it's good enough the new enemies made combat fun, you walk around and your like

i'm the motherfucking ghost!

and theyre all like
353.gif

horse can charge through ppl now, and quality of life improvement is extra loot (more kunai past your inventory max) goes to your horse saddles now, so your inventory is essentially doubled or triple
so go to that island before I complete act 2 or wait? I'm there now and ready to zig or zag.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
so go to that island before I complete act 2 or wait? I'm there now and ready to zig or zag.
you might as well just finish it up if youre there now, it's fun and depending on how much you like the extra stuff (collectibles, mythics) it'll be more fun.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Beat Tony Hawk 2 finally (again, only took a couple hours, especially since in the remake all your stat points carry over between games). Was a bit harder than THPS1 even with much better stats, but I still knocked it off. Also beat the Final Fantasy: Stranger of Paradise DLC. Think I might play Dissidia NT next since SoP ties into it heavily. I think Team Ninja (SoP devs) are trying to establish a clear Final Fantasy canon where the worlds are connected. Which is awesome, but good luck with that...

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Ended up starting Diofield Chronicles instead. Interesting game, takes place in a Britain-like land right off the mainland of a continent that has been overrun by an Empire (the Germans/Russians I guess).

Seems to play a lot like an RTS, with things constantly moving unless you manually stop it to enter commands.

Game may have an interesting story and all, but it's kind of flat overall. Like everything about it is "solid B minus" and it isn't bad or anything, but it's just so...incredibly average and/or bland. Especially for a Square-Enix game that seems like it might be a spiritual successor to Bahamut Lagoon. Or at least I thought so in the first hour.

Haven't played an RTS since Halo Wars so I'm having fun.

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Still playing Tales of Arise.

I've put the combat on Auto and I click through most of the cutscenes. Just want to get to the end.

I suppose any game that allows you to choose Full Auto to skip through all fights is admitting it fucked up its combat mechanics.

• 1Like

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm

I've put the combat on Auto and I click through most of the cutscenes. Just want to get to the end.

I suppose any game that allows you to choose Full Auto to skip through all fights is admitting it fucked up its combat mechanics.
Better than me. As much as people say its an enjoyable game, I couldnt finish it.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

Yeah, once I flip a game over to a "win button" I know it's lost me. Did that with the last 20% or so of that Mario vs Rabbids game, just flipped on invulnerability and spammed AOEs. I just couldn't be arsed with that game anymore. If there were no win button, I might have gotten back into it, IDK.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
For some reason Japanese people love autobattlers, for non autobattler genres. I read the latest Disgaea game is fully automated.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
All in on Divinity OS 2 enhanced with the 6 man party mod...on the 1 day a week I can sit down at the computer.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Another Next Fest on Steam... initial round of demos to ADHD through.

1675720907466.png

Goonsquad Officer
Weirdly I'm playing official ark pve server. Had an urge to punch trees and ride dinosaurs, but no homies had a private server up

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
My son talked me into playing Fortnite. I'm having a surprisingly good time running duos with him.

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
Currently playing 7DTD with the Darkness Falls mod. Epic. If you try the mod, make sure you patch to the current dev branch to fix the end game storyline quest.

7DTD has so much potential and those retards keep churning systems but just need to fucking optimize it. A decade in Alpha.

PS- If you play the mod, you better have friends. You'll need multiple classes.

• 1Like