What classic childhood movie would you like to be bastardized and remade by current hollywood.

Droelm

Molten Core Raider
Time Bandits - Kenny Baker (R2D2) was one of the stars of this childhood classic.
time-bandits-174157.jpg

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
Hooper4.jpg

Many many minutes of full frontal from a SMOKING hot chick, they used to make films where hot tits were the real stars.

Runner up ...

hardbodies-1.jpg

I know kids today beat their dicks to my little pony on the webz, but they wouldn't if Hollywood would bring back boobie laced teen comedies.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
My sister suggested redoing Young Guns. Now I'm gay.

I could see that working . Get Charlie Sheen for a cameo in another peyote scene. He convinces the new guns the only way to be 'Pals 4 Life' is do like the Spartans of old and go Brokeback Mt. on each other.

Bon Jovi probably already wrote the song for that.

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
I love this movie and while I think updated graphics would be amazing it would only be good with the cast in it and by Gilliam. I can't think of anyone I would be happy with cast in it today.
for it to be GOOD, it'd be nice if Gilliam directed.. but no director would ever remake their own movie, it'd be basically the same thing. Once you've envisioned a script a certain way, it's hard to see it differently without forcing it.

I would hope they'd get a good director to do it who can also create a unique visual style. Tim Burton, from 10 years ago, might have done a good job, for example.

PatrickStar

Trakanon Raider
That was one of two that I wanted to add. Time Bandits was a mind trip as a kid.

The other one:

View attachment 4582

George Clooney and Brad Pitt - the leads
Damon and Affleck - everyone thinks they are gay but are not (alledgedly). Like the Roger Moore character Damon thinks he is Jason Bourne and Affleck thinks he is Bruce Wayne
Usher and Timberlake - Sammy and Dean role
Jackie Chan and Jet Li - as the asian street racers
Emily Blunt and Kate Beckinsale - British chicks in a sports car
Bryan Cranston - new Sheikh
Jamie Farr - older Sheikh
Vin Diesel - lead villian, Telly Savalas role

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
weirdscience.jpg

I loved this as a kid. It would possibly work for a modern day style reboot as well. Granted, it would visibly look a lot better than the '85 version, but would it actually work with the mentality of today? I'm not sure, that's why it would only possibly work.

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
The lack of love for Cannibal Holocaust and Salo is disconcerting.
CH would probably be a pg13 crap. None of that fucked up shit would be there, including the animal cruelty.

A serbian film or melancholie der engel would be another possibility.

Isifhan

Molten Core Raider
stand_by_me_ver2.jpg

Stand By Me but I don't think any group of child actors could pull it off. No more River Phoenix's walking around :(

Bah I'm on a phone and the pic isn't posting. *fixed

Last edited: