What do you do?

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Technically I only got this job to pay off my mom's credit card bills from the flood, so even if I did stick up for myself at the job, it'd really only have the net effect of fucking myself over all the same.
She would fuck you without blinking if she didn't get flooded so do whats best for you. Capitalism demands it.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Technically I only got this job to pay off my mom's credit card bills from the flood, so even if I did stick up for myself at the job, it'd really only have the net effect of fucking myself over all the same.
Just go to HR and file a grievance. Document everything for a month or so first, and then pass it all to the state department of labor. They'll terminate you, but you'll cause an epic amount of headaches and probably a very sizable fine.

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
Just go to HR and file a grievance. Document everything for a month or so first, and then pass it all to the state department of labor. They'll terminate you, but you'll cause an epic amount of headaches and probably a very sizable fine.
Yup, don't ever let yourself get fucked by the employer.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
They get away with it because of people like Mist rather whine on a message board.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Mist is just venting. You guys need to go outside a bit.
Venting is one thing, but if even half of what Mist says is true these people deserve a proper assfucking from Uncle Sam. They're stealing time from their employees, and they're doing it on a scale that probably amounts to millions in lost wages or benefits every year. That shit ain't okay.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
This is if what Mist says is true. Someone who cried fake suicide threats. Not to say her job isn't shitty, but it sounds like the type of place that would've already been reported if what she says is true. If all else fails, do what Heylel said.

Also don't take Gavin's advice. I mean it sounds cool like if she was in some movie, but this is real life. People don't act like that..

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
She used to complain about it being so fucking boring, now she doesn't have time to eat because all the virtual basic gui alarms going off. Mist is in a continual cry for pity and it agitates me and if i were amod, I'd rename her account every week to keep things fresh, or rickshaw her every other day.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Venting is one thing, but if even half of what Mist says is true these people deserve a proper assfucking from Uncle Sam. They're stealing time from their employees, and they're doing it on a scale that probably amounts to millions in lost wages or benefits every year. That shit ain't okay.
This is if what Mist says is true. Someone who cried fake suicide threats. Not to say her job isn't shitty, but it sounds like the type of place that would've already been reported if what she says is true. If all else fails, do what Heylel said.

Also don't take Gavin's advice. I mean it sounds cool like if she was in some movie, but this is real life. People don't act like that..
They're already on thin ice with the state for gassing out a bunch of people on a weekend last year with epoxy fumes from the warehouse. They can't currently record our customer service calls because they got in trouble with the state for spying on employees outside of calls. If this wasn't the only decent paying job that's near my house, I'd definitely be reporting them.

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
I think this is proof that Mist is an actual woman. Bitching just to bitch, even though she knows the solution, she refuses to act.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole

There was nothing wrong with my advice, you're just a pussy.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
This job reminds me exactly why I quit IT.

When your company's IT infrastructure works properly, it's invisible and you have little job security because no one knows what you do.

When IT doesn't work properly, you have tons of job security because everything is always broken but getting anything done is a total fucking shitfest.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I am on contract as a consultant for a company I worked for a few years back. On monday I sent an email to my boss and another person I report to about having finished everything they had given me to work on and asking what I should do next. They never responded so I got paid to play Diablo 3 all week. Pretty sure since I was there for 7 years working on the same team I am on now they think I'll just do random shit on my own. No sir! I'm a consultant, you tell me what to do or I do nothing!